Scared Dogs

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby mnp13 » May 24th, 2006, 4:17 pm

I think it's the difference between "mom" and "mommy", "Michelle" and "Shelly", "Thomas" and "Tommy"
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby a-bull » May 24th, 2006, 4:26 pm

babyreba wrote:
cheekymunkee wrote:That is the saddest picture I have ever seen. :( Well, not EVER but is is pretty damned close.

don't let him fool you debby. here he is one shutter stop later, probably about to pounce at the flash on the camera.

he is the puppy of many faces. most of them obnoxious!

Are there more pictures of that dog to be found somewhere? He rocks.
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here

Postby Fear_the_Sheeple » May 24th, 2006, 4:35 pm

I think people don't call other people's dogs ugly because they don't want to hurt someone else's feelings. For me it doesn't have to do with saying what is "PC" or being afraid to insult someone because of our culture... I just don't like the way it makes me feel to upset other people. How is that wrong?
Fear_the_Sheeple
Enlightened Bully

Postby Big_Ant » May 24th, 2006, 4:40 pm

Fear_the_Sheeple wrote:I think people don't call other people's dogs ugly because they don't want to hurt someone else's feelings. For me it doesn't have to do with saying what is "PC" or being afraid to insult someone because of our culture... I just don't like the way it makes me feel to upset other people. How is that wrong?

It's wrong because it's not the truth!
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby babyreba » May 24th, 2006, 4:47 pm

a-bull wrote:Are there more pictures of that dog to be found somewhere? He rocks.

Hmmm, well there *is* this one. He doesn't think it's very flattering, though. Don't tell him I posted it here for you all to see.

babyreba
Supremely Bully

Postby Big_Ant » May 24th, 2006, 4:57 pm

babyreba wrote:Image

"Get it out. It's stuck! Oh God it hurts!"
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby Barbara Dempsey » May 24th, 2006, 5:00 pm

Anthony;
I really have never seen an ugly animal, but I have seen alot of ugly people.
Barbara Dempsey
Just Whelped

Postby babyreba » May 24th, 2006, 5:04 pm

"Daddy, am I an ugly puppy?"

IF YOU THINK HE IS UGLY, I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT! LIE TO ME, PLEASE! :D
babyreba
Supremely Bully

Postby Fear_the_Sheeple » May 24th, 2006, 5:06 pm

Interesting perspective. It's probably good to be honest all the time, but I dunno... I just can't bring myself to intentionally hurt people, unless it's for their own benefit. Telling people their kid or dog is ugly just brings about a negative atmosphere in my opinion. I believe that being truthful all the time is probably a good thing, but now we're in a completely different subject. :)
Fear_the_Sheeple
Enlightened Bully

Postby Big_Ant » May 24th, 2006, 5:14 pm

Fear_the_Sheeple wrote:

Interesting perspective. It's probably good to be honest all the time, but I dunno... I just can't bring myself to intentionally hurt people, unless it's for their own benefit. Telling people their kid or dog is ugly just brings about a negative atmosphere in my opinion. I believe that being truthful all the time is probably a good thing, but now we're in a completely different subject. :)

I'm not one for hurting people's feelings either, but if you are asked, why would you hold your tongue on something that was asked of you? I could see if you were just walking down the street and told some random "That's a ugly a$$ kid you've got", but this was something posed to you.

People say that they aren't asking for opinions when they post on a forum, but please, if you are posting a picture public, 9 times out of 10 you just want people to tell you how "cute", "beautiful", etc. etc. your picture muse is. It's just human nature, but people don't see that.

- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby dogcrazyjen » May 24th, 2006, 5:18 pm

Did it EVER occur to you that maybe if we do not think a pic is cute, we just don't say anything? Saying nothing is not lying.

How do YOU know that any one of US is not being perfectly honest? When we say a dog you percieve as ugly is really cute, maybe we just have a different opinion than you? You seem to think that what you think is the truth, when it is a subjective OPINION.

Opinions are like assholes...everyone has one.
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby pocketpit » May 24th, 2006, 5:20 pm

Ant, you and my husband would likely get along very well! One of his favorite sayings is " everyone wants the truth, no one can handle the truth". He used to say that even before A Few Good Men came out 8)
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby babyreba » May 24th, 2006, 5:24 pm

"Tucker, you are just a googly-eyed, bucktoothed mongrel that doesn't deserve to have his pictures on the Interwebs! How many times do I have to tell you?"

babyreba
Supremely Bully

Postby Fear_the_Sheeple » May 24th, 2006, 5:32 pm

I understand what you are saying Ant, I really do. I just don't know if I could ever get to that point where I can just be straight up honest with people, if it hurts them.
Fear_the_Sheeple
Enlightened Bully

Postby concreterose » May 24th, 2006, 6:01 pm

Big_Ant wrote:
Vanessa wrote:I aplaud you Jen!!!! And most people do shorten breed names for conversation perposes... ie lab, spaniel, rottie,shepard etc It is not practical to say the full breed name evrytime. My dog is an American Pitbull Terrier/Black Labrador/Rottweiler. Do you really think i am going to say that everytime someone says "Oh what a beautiful dog. What kind is he? Usually i say he's a pittie mix. Also i don't acuse them of really thinking that my dog is ugly and just lying to me about it.

Pittie Mix? My not just Pit Bull Mix? Or "He's a Mix" or "He's a Mutt"?

This breed does not deserve to be demeaned with such names as Pittie, Pitters, pit bulls, and all of that other nonsense.

- Anthony

Preach! :bowDown:
concreterose
Loyally Bully

Postby Violet » May 24th, 2006, 6:02 pm

hey..have you ever heard that saying about opinions and assholes?
Violet
Loyally Bully

Postby a-bull » May 24th, 2006, 6:04 pm

Violet wrote:hey..have you ever heard that saying about opinions and assholes?

oh do tell . . .
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here

Postby Violet » May 24th, 2006, 6:13 pm

Me..i see a picture of a dog..and dangit..all of them are cute. What can I say? Knowing dogs are loved and happy makes me feel good. Even if the dog is ugly. i OWN an ugly dog..my girl will never win a beauty pageant. And to top it off she is dumber than a box of rocks and photographs horribly. But I love her. And I love sharing her pics on the rare occasions I get something other than her retreating back. I hate to think people miss the love involved in the pictures. And if they do..i would have to think it is their loss.

As for opinions..everybody has them..and if they don't agree with mine..they all stink. :D
Violet
Loyally Bully

Postby Libby » May 24th, 2006, 6:21 pm

:| I call my dogs my furkids. What can I say.

Ket
Love me, Love my dogs.
Libby
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby call2arms » May 24th, 2006, 6:21 pm

Mahaha... I don't even call my dog a pittie except on forum. I speak French 95% of the time and Pittie is not even included in my vocabulary. I do get you on the Pit Bull vs pittie thing. People massacre my name all the time and I hate it.

And Ant... It's not because YOU say something it is true, it's just a damn opinion. You got mine, I replied to yours. Nobody here is spilling the Golden truth out, so whatever. I don't understand your post? Well that's wayyy too bad, but I have to add that you don't understand mine either.

You have your frustrations, but come one. Nobody on here criticizes your way of owning a pit bull, and where so you position yourself to criticize others?

And by the way. Some dogs are so ugly they're cute. I think I make sense, you just don't get it. You probably think it's just hypocrite, but hey. That is certainly not my problem.
call2arms
Boys Stink

PreviousNext

Return to Pit Bull Talk