Bloodlines

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Do you think properly bred razors edge dogs are nice?

Yes
56%
No
44%

Total votes : 9

Postby Scrappy1202 » May 23rd, 2006, 2:41 pm

I am very interested in bloodlines and would like to know what your dogs have in it. So post what bloodline your dog has in it. Mine is a PROPERLY BRED Razors Edge dog (As you can see he is not short, wide or bully but he is lean) . The lines i would look into purchasing a dog from in the future are sorrels/tatonka, Colby or maybe jeep.
Scrappy1202
Just Whelped

Postby Romanwild » May 23rd, 2006, 2:52 pm

I have a what I refer to as a "old school" RE dog.

What do you mean by "properly bred"? To me that would mean a lot of things. Namely, the parents were health tested and titled as well as DNA'd.
Romanwild
I live here

Postby Scrappy1202 » May 23rd, 2006, 2:57 pm

i mean that as in not bred "to be short and bully" probably old school Razors Edge. Here is a pic of his sire Tony Montana (tony for short)

Scrappy1202
Just Whelped

Postby Fear_the_Sheeple » May 23rd, 2006, 4:33 pm

Just a question... why a particular bloodline? Why is it so important to you (anyone who feels like answering) to have a dog from a particular bloodline? For working? For showing? For a pet?

When a bloodline like RE pops up EVERYWHERE with the dogs looking different (and most likely behaving differently, since there are SO many) hasn't any "power" in the bloodline dissapeared, just making it the same as getting a dog from an unknown background? I guess what I mean is, if a bloodline is not tightly regulated by a few knowledgable and experienced breeders, with all the breeding stock having to be proven and tested, does that bloodline still mean anything? Or is it just a name?
Fear_the_Sheeple
Enlightened Bully

Postby Fear_the_Sheeple » May 23rd, 2006, 4:39 pm

Sorry for the double post...

To answer the poll, I think it's not worded properly. "Nice" can be subjective. Are they friendly and good companions? Are they good examples of proper conformation? Are they great working dogs? It's probably all dependent on the particular dog. Like I said earlier, RE dogs seem to be so overpopulated, and not regulated at all, the bloodline seems to be nothing but a name. And in that case, some RE dogs are surely "nice", and others are not. Your pup is cute, btw.
Fear_the_Sheeple
Enlightened Bully

Postby Libby » May 23rd, 2006, 6:01 pm

My girl Gypsy has Wildside, Mystic, Long, and Luna, York, and alot of small nobody in her. Mostly Wildside, Long, and Luna though. I personally don't care, since she was a rescue, but its kind of cool to know!

I e-mailed the Luna kennels to try and get a photo of her mother, Luna's 'Plentiful' but never recieved a response. I couldn't find her father, Moore's 'Kuma', so he was probably just some BYB dog.

Ket
Love me, Love my dogs.
Libby
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Verderben » May 23rd, 2006, 6:31 pm

Bane is pure Ruffian bloodline.
I have a Camelot Female
and I will be getting a RE/York female in the next few weeks.
I have a few other dogs out on co owns. One is McCoy, 2 are Colby/Outlaw, One is Nigerino/Jeep/Zebo, and one is Ruffian/York
Verderben
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Return to Pit Bull Talk