I'm not going in your house!

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby Veda » May 22nd, 2006, 3:23 pm

That's what my aunt and grandmother said to me Friday night. I had planned a little BBQ since my grandmom was in town. My lab was just spayed the day prior so she was up in the bedroom resting. No worries, the killer lab was put away.
So they were all very hesitant about meeting a blood thirsty pit bull in person. My grandmom actually lived next to a BYB, bred his dogs once, they lived in the garage, the mom was so aggresive she got out of the garage and attacked someone and was put down. He did love his dogs, although I have no idea why he bred them. The male was very timid from what I remember...but back to the story. My grandmom had no positive experiences with pits, she had nasty chi's all her life. My aunt had no excuse, she was telling me about all these nice pits she has met, shes just one of those people...
By the end of the night everyone was saying how beautiful and well behaved she was. My grandmother was even letting her give her kisses on the face. My aunt was even saying how she really wanted a dog. I guess everyone loves Veda!
Also my aunt and grandmother went upstairs to see the house. As soon as my little lab saw them they got a nice growl from her. I guess they really learned to throw the stereotypes out the window.
:D
Veda
Just Whelped

Postby Maryellen » May 22nd, 2006, 3:28 pm

its great that you could change their minds!!
Maryellen
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » May 22nd, 2006, 3:30 pm

You should have gotten pictures of Grandma's face being eaten by the vicious pit bull . . . I mean . . . Grandma getting kissed by Veda :wink:

Isn't it great when people just open their minds for .5 seconds?
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Purple » May 22nd, 2006, 8:20 pm

Congratulations!
Purple
I live here

Postby muse » May 22nd, 2006, 8:41 pm

Thats woderful!! My family was the same exact way, now, they love my guys. :D
The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
muse
Confident Young Bully

Postby PittieLove » May 22nd, 2006, 8:50 pm

YES! Im glad they changed their minds positively about the pit bull!!
Bulldog Pride.
PittieLove
Confident Young Bully

Postby satanscheerleader » May 22nd, 2006, 8:52 pm

satanscheerleader
Loyally Bully

Postby Vanessa » May 22nd, 2006, 9:12 pm

My Mom and Dad were the same... Now Oz gets more xmas gifts then i do. :P
Vanessa
Confident Young Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » May 22nd, 2006, 9:18 pm

That's great! I'm still working on my fam!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby hoagiesmomma » May 22nd, 2006, 10:41 pm

my in-laws said that if we got pitbull puppies they would never bring my husband's niece and nephew to our house...

:cheer:

guess that gives ME three or four less things to worry about.

hoagiesmomma
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » May 22nd, 2006, 11:43 pm

:backRoll: :backRoll:

that's how I do it....I introduce them to my dogs. just about every one who meet them comes away with a different attitude about them, even if they only say "well I know TWO that aren't like that..." it's still progress.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Asta » May 23rd, 2006, 3:52 am

Great progress :)! Glad that Veda is makes you both proud and happy!

Cheers,

├ůsa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby Veda » May 23rd, 2006, 8:31 am

Thanks everyone, I am proud!
Veda
Just Whelped

Postby Maryellen » May 23rd, 2006, 8:41 am

i stil have some relatives who refuse to come to my house, i guess a pit, a shepherd,and a rott mx are too much for them and they dont want to be eaten.. oh well..

great job again veda for all that you have done to dispell the myths!!
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Romanwild » May 23rd, 2006, 9:26 am

I find that the people that don't want to be around my pit bulls aren't people I want around anyway. :| lol

Good going Veda! :D
Romanwild
I live here

Postby Jesseca » May 23rd, 2006, 5:02 pm

My family was the same way until they fell head over heals in love with Summer. :D Now my mom shakes her head and can't understand the media crap. It's really funny actually
Jesseca
Devoutly Bully

Postby SpiritFngrz » May 23rd, 2006, 5:22 pm

Good girl, Veda!
My mother-in-law says she does not trust Satin (lab/pit mix) who will do no worse than lick your face or steal your socks.
Yet her rat, I mean Yorkie, will bite everyone but her. Go figure
I don't understand other people
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby LindsaySF » May 24th, 2006, 10:06 am

That is an awesome story! I'm glad Veda was able to convince them! :)

The owners of little dogs like Chihuahuas and Yorkies (some of the meanest, most human-aggressive dogs on the planet, seriously), are often wary of larger dogs, especially pit bulls, rotties, etc. It really is unfortunate...

People do have stereotypes based on breed. I mean, our little terrier mix Cody is a fear biter. And he will bite people he doesn't know, or if you reach for him too quickly, etc. (He was abused by his former owner). People don't believe us when we tell them this because he looks so innocent, yet they are scared of the pit bulls. Whatever... :rolleyes2:

~Lindsay~
LindsaySF
Confident Young Bully

Return to Pit Bull Talk