CHAKO is recruiting for officer positions! The available positions are listed below. If you're interested, email me a letter of interest about the positions you're interested in, in order of preference, and why you would be good for the position. Also include your name, address, phone and email.
Our website: www.chako.org
We are primarily recruiting for people in the northern California region at the moment as much of our rescue work is based in Sacramento. Some things, like the PR, can be done just about anywhere. Other things, like the foster and volunteer coordinators, should be closer to Sacramento.
Deadline to submit your letter of interest for these volunteer opportunities is May 15, 2010! We will be hosting an orientation get-together once positions are finalized!
If you are interested, the following positions are available as of right now (numbers are not sequential because they do not include filled positions):
2) Foster outreach and support coordinator
· Recruit new fosters as needed
· Coordinate volunteer foster program, including recruitment, placement, and documentation
· Call potential foster families in a timely fashion to support the needs of the foster family and Chako Pit Bull Rescue
· Coordinate with the foster family to pick up animals from shelters.
· Ensure that fosters are safely secure for the night, whether in shelter setting, regular foster home, or temporary foster home for the night
· Maintain foster placement and status records
· Maintain an organized list of foster family requirements and availability
· Provide ongoing assistance, coaching, and moral support to current foster families
· Stay in contact with foster families to ensure the needs of the foster and foster family are being met
· Thank fosters and show appreciation as appropriate
· Assisting with special projects as needed
3) Event Organizer
· Plans, organizes, coordinates, promotes, and facilitates special events
· Schedules and maintains communication with speakers, vendors, and participants
· Coordinates and monitors event timelines;
· Reviews and analyzes evaluations
· Assists in preparing a variety of publications, materials, and programs for events
· Organizes and/or attends meetings to facilitate successful event execution
· Acts as prime source for promotion of activities and special events
· Initiates, coordinates and/or participates in all efforts to publicize promotion of Chako Pit Bull Rescue activities, services, and events.
4) Development Coordinator (money bringer-inner) in conjunction with Assistant Development Coordinator
Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources (with assistance from the Director)
Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations to evaluate prospects
Work with Director to gather information necessary to report to funders on current and/or completed grant programs
With Director’s Assistance, comply with all grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate funders.
Provide regular written updates/reports to current and past foundation/corporate funders
Prepare grant award summaries for internal tracking and coding purposes.
Maintain current records in database and in paper files, including grant tracking and reporting.
Assist with special activities that increase Chako Pit Bull Rescue’s visibility among foundation/corporate funder audiences.
· Donor Fundraising
o Responsible for coordinating the full range of activities required to expand and strengthen Chako Pit Bull Rescue’s individual donor fundraising program
o Identify donor prospects through suggestions from staff, past and current Board members, advisory members, existing donors and colleagues
o Prepare introductory communications to prospective donors, and coordinate follow-up activities
o Coordinate house parties and other outreach events to strengthen donor relations, and introduce prospective donors to Chako
o Coordinate direct marketing solicitations
o Develop/coordinate ongoing communications program for current and prospective donors, including electronic communications.
o Prepare acknowledgment letters
o Maintain both electronic and hard-copy donor files
o Respond to queries, electronic and otherwise, from prospective donors
Overall Fundraising Program
o Assist the Director with developing/implementing the annual fundraising plan
o Prepare regular fundraising progress reports
o Assist, as needed, with the development of promotional materials
o Attend meetings and participate in organization-wide planning activities.
o Assist, as needed, with the overall maintenance of the organization and its offices
7) Public Relations Co-Coordinator
· Uses all forms of media and communications to research, write press releases and make sure that they reach the target audience.
· Prepare publicity brochures, handouts, promotional videos and multimedia programs that serve to reach the company's policies to the public.
· Ensure that effective press releases are written and that they compile comprehensive information about the company, for the media.
· Help to maintain the organizations web-based content.
· Organize press conference, exhibitions and press tours
· Act as a bridge between the organization, the media and other organizations; answer all questions related to the organization's strategies.
· Evaluate the advertising and promotional programs and ensure that it is compatible with the target audience.
· Draft speeches when needed
· Assist in preparation of mass email and web communications
· Oversee recruitment and screening of Chako volunteers
· Track volunteer certification process and periodically evaluate volunteer performance
· Conduct regularly scheduled meetings with volunteers, providing on-going training and support
· Provide or arrange space for volunteer trainings, counseling clients, and record keeping
· Coordinate and maintain program record keeping
· Help publicize Chako program services