A story

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » January 28th, 2010, 8:21 pm

My dogs are no dummies. And thank goodness they're not runners.

Last night my boyfriend was out and I was upstairs in bed with the three younger dogs. We were snuggled up warm under the blankets. It has been particularly cold here and very windy.
About midnight, the dogs heard a noise and started barking their fools heads off and ran downstairs. I figured Phil had just gotten home, so I thought nothing of it. The barking stopped and about 5 minutes later, the dogs returned to bed. I thought everything was fine until Sidda started acting nervous. She does this when we have storms, and so I figured that was the problem. She was pawing at my pillows and wouldn't settle. So, I just kept trying to get her back under the blankets to snuggle.

After a while I realized it was really cold. Our old house is drafty, but not THAT drafty. So, I got up and headed downstairs to bump the heat up a bit when I figured out that the wind had blown our front door right open! It was locked and all, but must not have gotten closed completely. I looked out on the porch and figured out (by tell-tale tracks in the snow) that the dogs had gone out on the porch, down to the front yard to have a pee, and then came back up to bed.
Sid had been trying to tell me that the door was open.
I check on the old lady and she was still sound asleep on her couch... oblivious to the whole event. lol

I normally keep the bedroom door closed. We never would have known the door was wide open. Good thing the neighbor kitty didn't decide to let himself in.
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » January 28th, 2010, 8:27 pm

Bet your heart stopped for a minute!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby HappyPuppy » January 28th, 2010, 8:44 pm

I've awakened to our back door open before (more than once :oops: ) but that's not near as scary as the front door! :shock: Glad you found it!
Ruby Underfoot, CGC
HappyPuppy
Supremely Bully

Postby amazincc » January 28th, 2010, 8:48 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock:

The barking stopped and about 5 minutes later, the dogs returned to bed.

You didn't notice all the wet and cold paws??? :o lol
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Jenn » January 28th, 2010, 8:50 pm

Yikes! Glad everyone was smart enough to realize the bed was much better than the cold! :)
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » January 28th, 2010, 8:55 pm

amazincc wrote:You didn't notice all the wet and cold paws??? :o lol

I know, right?!
In my defense, I was a little sleepy.
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby madremissy » January 28th, 2010, 10:56 pm

Allie, I am glad that you and the babies are ok. That would have scared the bejeesus out of me.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Return to Pit Bull Talk