Tess' Spay

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby pitprincess » May 16th, 2006, 8:28 am

Glad to hear all is well....My vet is super great prices and great doctors! I was considering adopting a dog that had knee issues and they quoted me a price of surgery of 1200 to do both knees...thats a great price and the doctors are not only nuturing but good at their jobs. They have even not charged me for some vists becuase "they didn't do anything" like if I thought there was a problem and tey didn't think so by the visit and just suggested a diet change and get back to them in a week. They really care about the animal, it is a business but they care more. AS for pain meds..I had a cat they gave pain meds for but I never needed them..
pitprincess
Just Whelped

Postby SisMorphine » May 16th, 2006, 8:35 am

We always gave pain meds right before the dog went home. Depending on the animal we would sometimes send them home with a dose or two, sometimes not. We usually use Metacam or Deramaxx. If she's still super painful this morning definitely call and ask about it, but some of her awkwardness could also be connected to still being groggy from the anesthesia.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby dogcrazyjen » May 16th, 2006, 9:24 am

She is much better this morning. SHe isn't exactly ready for NASCAR, but she is moving more naturally, and went poop just fine. SHe also ate breakfast.

I will not give her asprin, I forgot about the blood thinning aspect. Thank you for being on the ball! Especially with her being so swollen from her heat, she doesn't need to deal with that.

I will charge up her kongs, and hope that does the trick. Maybe the store will have a nice big beef bone to get for her.

This is so silly, I didn't even want to keep this dog, and here I am worrying over her like she was one of my kids! I guess she wormed her way into my heart when I wasn't looking! :oops:
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby Marinepits » May 16th, 2006, 9:28 am

dogcrazyjen wrote:She is much better this morning. SHe isn't exactly ready for NASCAR, but she is moving more naturally, and went poop just fine. SHe also ate breakfast.

I will not give her asprin, I forgot about the blood thinning aspect. Thank you for being on the ball! Especially with her being so swollen from her heat, she doesn't need to deal with that.

I will charge up her kongs, and hope that does the trick. Maybe the store will have a nice big beef bone to get for her.

This is so silly, I didn't even want to keep this dog, and here I am worrying over her like she was one of my kids! I guess she wormed her way into my heart when I wasn't looking! :oops:

Don't they always! :D

I'm so glad to hear she's feeling better!
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Previous

Return to Pit Bull Talk