Does your pit like to be "beaten?"

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby smallstream » November 4th, 2009, 9:10 pm

I don't mean in the manner that would have any sane person running to call AC on them. I mean like beyond petting, sort of open hand smacking, esp. above the tail/on the rump? Mala just loves that. She'll stand there and just wriggle and drool. I've never had any dog before that would stand there and just beg you, it's almost like she can't feel normal petting the same. Of course, she'll run at full speed, miscalculate and bounce off a wall like nothing, and after her spay keeping her contained was uber-fun. Is this a pit thing or is she just weird?
smallstream
Just Whelped

Postby Suzi » November 4th, 2009, 9:22 pm

Yes! My first girl Rosie,,,,loved it. It was always like give me more!!! My X, used to say she's going to bite you,,,,,when I would smack her tummy,,,she would get extremely verbal, and sound like she was mauling me. I knew better,,,she loved it. Had her for many years....It was her favorite. I can still see her smile.

Bella, will get the zoomies when I smack her rear,,,it's playtime when I approach her with an open hand,and let her know "I'm gonna get you",,when she sees it coming,,,,,I will usually get butted with her chest first, then the rough play is on! A good spanking means,,,let's have some "roughhouse"fun!
Suzi
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby pitbullmamaliz » November 4th, 2009, 9:22 pm

I always give Inara butt smacks - she likes it!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby maberi » November 4th, 2009, 9:25 pm

Heidi likes it

Haven't tried with the dogs yet
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby Marinepits » November 4th, 2009, 9:34 pm

LMAO Nice, Matt.

All my guys like a good butt-spank. :giggle:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Vertigo » November 4th, 2009, 9:40 pm

I always give my guy a little spank on the butt he likes it. As in "fetch... 'good boy' *smack* 'go get it' " or "get your little butt up the stairs and quick sniffin around *smack* " he'll just turn his head at me and smile. Getting pats on the butt is his favorite!
alex gilman
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby amazincc » November 4th, 2009, 11:56 pm

Daintily petting a PIT??? Unheard of. lol

Mine like to wrestle, head butt and body slam. If they don't get a vigirous "beating" once a day they don't feel loved. :wink:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Dan+Bec13 » November 5th, 2009, 12:14 am

Maddie will force you to "pet" her butt harder by sticking her butt into your hand so you rub harder.
Dan+Bec13
Just Whelped

Postby plebayo » November 5th, 2009, 12:24 am

Well he's not a pit bull but my cat LOVES to be beaten. You can hit him HARD and he just rubs his face into you and makes more biscuits. It's so funny!

I smack my bully mix on the butt, he just takes it as an invitation to wrestle.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby kera09 » November 5th, 2009, 12:44 am

duge lovesss a butt spanking, lol ...my girls not so much!
duge, ava, lulu and martini's momma :)
kera09
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby BigDogBuford » November 5th, 2009, 12:51 am

Joxes loves it and good butt slaps make him do lateral 360's.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby BullyLady » November 5th, 2009, 1:49 am

BigDogBuford wrote:Joxes loves it and good butt slaps make him do lateral 360's.

They make Shelby do the same thing! :giggle: Silly pups!

We call it the "cow slap" around here, I don't know where that came from.....
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby Klopfer » November 5th, 2009, 2:41 am

kera09 wrote:duge lovesss a butt spanking, lol ...

Smokey too :mrgreen:
They say "fighting dogs" grab on and never let go; and it's the truth! Smokey grabbed my heart and never let go.

http://www.schuldig-geboren.de
Klopfer
Just Whelped

Postby Dukes_mom » November 5th, 2009, 3:04 am

Duke loves it. I get rough with him and he just gets all happy and jumpy and just excited. I've just always been rough with him so that if hes ever around kids he wont freak out when they pull his tail.
~*~Rebecca~*~
Dukes_mom
Just Whelped

Postby Malli » November 5th, 2009, 5:02 am

I think its common in more Pit Bulls but I don't think its just a Pit Bull thing.

I don't think its that they feel less, moreso that they like anything physical :|
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby iluvk9 » November 5th, 2009, 7:08 am

maberi wrote:Heidi likes it
Haven't tried with the dogs yet

8) Good one, Matt.

Darlene my Pit Bull and Harleybird the Pit/lab DISLIKE IT but Truman the Labradork LOVES it.

I don't mess with Lenny my Golden... :squint:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby dogged » November 6th, 2009, 12:09 pm

Tate likes me to really let loose on him--really beating him up. He gets all goofy and starts Boxer punching me. Freak.

The girls are dainty flowers. No hitting. And it excites B too much, last time I "beat" on him he gave me a fat lip with his big smooshy head. Don't dish it out if you can't take it, I guess.
"Hey, I'm glad I found you. I need your approval to cut down some lollipop trees outside the sea monkey hut. These decisions have to go through you because you're the mayor of crazy town."
dogged
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby demolitionic » November 6th, 2009, 2:51 pm

My douchebag LOVES it. She gets all stoked and retarded.

But then she beats me back. :squint:

I have the bruises to prove it. :nono:
Time to nut up or shut up.
demolitionic
Devoutly Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » November 6th, 2009, 3:08 pm

Malli wrote:I think its common in more Pit Bulls but I don't think its just a Pit Bull thing.

I don't think its that they feel less, moreso that they like anything physical :|

Xander LOVES to be smacked upside the head and beaten when he's tugging...that's how I taught him to tug...I also try and pry his mouth off the tug, and he just growls and tugs harder. He loves it. He also loves whacks on his butt...gets him all crazy and growly. :D

Inara likes dainty swats, and will take some smacks to the head while tugging, but only delicate ones. Of course she regularly punches me in the stomach with her front feet while playing flyball...ah well. :|

Ripley used to enjoy being pushed around from side to side...but now he tends to topple over with that kind of play (poor ol' man)...so I only do gentle pushes, on soft surfaces. :smileUp:

Score loves to be smacked around...when he's in the mood...if he's feeling worried, he HATES it (Michelle and Liz can vouch for that). He loves to be beaten about the head and shoulders when tuggins also.

Sawyer...not so much, he'll growl and grumble...(kinda like John). He does have bad knees...so I'm not sure it's comfortable for him.

My old basset hound used to LOVE having the snot beat out of her with smacks...got her all crazy and twirly.

Not just a pit bull thing, definitely.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby BigDogBuford » November 6th, 2009, 3:15 pm

My Boxer's love it, too!
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Next

Return to Pit Bull Talk