Another Foster

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby pocketpit » May 12th, 2006, 9:06 pm

So I'm offically going to stop saying that I'm done with rescue. Every time I decide to put a serious cap on my rescue work another one finds it's way into our home. This time it's my husband's fault. He has an aquaintance who's one of those stereotypical Pit owners who knows it all, wants to breed his dog yet when it comes down to brass tacks doesn't really care for his dog at all. After all it's just a dog and it's replaceable. A week or so ago when I first met this stellar example of a Pit Bull lover he argued with me over whether or not demodex was a hereditary condition. Becuase of course he didn't like it when I mentioned that after he said he was going to breed his dog. "Well if he ain't good for breeding then I might as well kill him" was his final decision. Nice attitiude :x
So guess who my husband drags home yesterday? Meet Bo (we've shortened his atrocious previous label of Boner :puke:)
Do you think that he's got any Am Bulldog in him? I was told he was purebred but then again I was also told he was blue. The idiot argued with us over that one as well. He's a big boy at 74lbs and he's less than a year old. Lucky for me he's pretty laid back and gentle despite his size and due to his age is not ready to be scrappy yet. I'm hoping I can adopt him out rather quickly as we do not have the capability to add another mature male to our situation.
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby Purple » May 12th, 2006, 9:11 pm

Definately look like he's got AmBull in him....why don't ya post his story in the bull dog forum, http://www.bulldogbreeds.com, maybe you'll get a nibble on him!
He's is a handsome devil!
Purple
I live here

Postby Fear_the_Sheeple » May 12th, 2006, 9:22 pm

What a handsome guy! His ex-owner sounds like a real idiot! :rolleyes2:
Fear_the_Sheeple
Enlightened Bully

Postby babyreba » May 12th, 2006, 9:43 pm

he's a handsome dog! it's always tough to say whether a pit bull has american bulldog in it these days, what with all the super bully pit bulls around . . . he very easily could. hope you find him a good home quickly!
babyreba
Supremely Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » May 12th, 2006, 9:48 pm

Do you think that he's got any Am Bulldog in him?

That's the first thing I thought when I saw him. Hes a cutie!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby luvmyangels » May 12th, 2006, 10:24 pm

He looks so cute. I want to hug him. His owner sounds like a piece of garbage. Thank goodness your husband got him out of the situation.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby PittieLove » May 12th, 2006, 11:01 pm

I LOVE THAT DOG!!! :shock: beautiful!! I want him :D
Bulldog Pride.
PittieLove
Confident Young Bully

Postby msvette2u » May 12th, 2006, 11:17 pm

Awesome dog!! Thanks for sharing the pics :)
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Asta » May 13th, 2006, 4:57 am

He is one handsome fella! Looks so laidback and gentle too despite his tender age. My guess would be quite a bit of AB too. Thanks for taking him in!
I still remember that red female you fostered for a while, the stunning girl with the cropped ears.
Still have her??

Cheers,

Åsa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby dogcrazyjen » May 13th, 2006, 3:44 pm

He is just lovely. What a gorgeous face!
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby turtle » May 13th, 2006, 4:55 pm

What a nice big boy! Yes, the first thing I thought when I saw the pics is he looks like an Am Bull pit mix.

Glad he's with you and not shot in the woods or dumped... Idiot owner, too bad we can't neuter him! :twisted:
-------------------------------------------------------

I may be slow but I get there - a turtle's motto
turtle
Loyally Bully

Postby pocketpit » May 13th, 2006, 7:40 pm

Thanks for the input everyone. He reminded me a bit of an Am Bulldog but since sometimes it's hard to tell and I don't have a lot of experience with them, I thought maybe I was crazy.
Purple thanks for the site suggestion, I'll look into it.

Asta, you are thinking of our wonderful foster girl Sage. She does have her own home now, though it was very difficult for us to see her go. There is a very small number of fosters that we really fall hard for and she was one of them.
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby mnp13 » May 14th, 2006, 4:02 am

The first thing I thought was AmBull. He has a more AmBull head and definately the more barrel body of an AmBull.

Very nice looking!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Asta » May 14th, 2006, 5:32 am

Ah yes! Sage :) What a gorgeous dog she is! Glad to hear that she has a forver home now.

Cheers,

Åsa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby Neimo » May 21st, 2006, 12:14 pm

Well I know how you feel about stopping rescues and fosters. I can't ever say no! LOL But it's always worth it! That boy is absolutely beautiful! Hopefully when he gets his forever home he'll realize what a true loving family is. Def looks a bit AB to me and is quite large. Good luck and God Bless you for doing this!
Neimo
Just Whelped

Postby LindsaySF » May 21st, 2006, 12:56 pm

Good for you (and the hubby) for taking him in. Wanna give me his owner's address? I might pay him a visit.... :wink2:

He looks VERY American Bulldog to me. If he is laid back that should help his adoptability immensely. Good luck with him! :)

~Lindsay~
LindsaySF
Confident Young Bully

Return to Pit Bull Talk