Feeling guilty

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby kera09 » September 13th, 2009, 12:29 am

Well both of my girls Ava and Lulu both have uti's, well at least the vet thinks so :confused: I would have been able to find out if i had both the urine samples sent to a lab for an additional $90....ya i dont think so! Both have been piddling in bed for about 2 weeks now on and off. (thank god for waterproof matress cover!!) So anyways they are both sleeping in the hallway tonight with a big comforter and a few sheets. I feel terrible, they have ALWAYS slept in bed with us :( I have been giving them yogurt and acv, which i hear is supposed to help. Hopefully those anti biotics kick in soon, i want my girls in bed!
duge, ava, lulu and martini's momma :)
kera09
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Malli » September 13th, 2009, 2:43 am

I wouldn't feel guilty for not having them in bed :|
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby kera09 » September 13th, 2009, 10:58 am

well i do lol, altho we woke up and somehow they had opened the bedroom door and were in bed with us :confused:
kera09
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Emi » September 13th, 2009, 1:56 pm

kera09 wrote:well i do lol, altho we woke up and somehow they had opened the bedroom door and were in bed with us :confused:

hehe smart girls... :)

Hope they get feeling better..

I know what you mean, I can't get to sleep unless Dottie is snuggle up close.

You say when you get them "OH they won't sleep in my bed" ... un huh right, after the first few nights of them crying, they are in your bed. They know they got us wrapped around they're little paws don't they ??? :D
You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, 'Wow, you're right! I never would've thought of that!'
- Dave Barry
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » September 13th, 2009, 3:16 pm

I hope they feel better soon! I would feel guilty too. :wink:
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby kera09 » September 13th, 2009, 3:48 pm

thanks! i hope they feel better too! im sick of cleaning up pee pee spots! they all had marrow bones today, which i think made them feel better lol
kera09
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby juniper8204 » September 13th, 2009, 11:00 pm

I'd feel lost without mine in my bed! After my husband went to work this a.m., I woke up to find myself tightly sandwiched in between Otto and Mindy...I literally couldn't move! LOL I wouldn't have it any other way though, even if Mindy does snore in my ear and Otto barks in his sleep.
Jen
Mommy to Mindy Lou and Moose

Pits are addicting!!! If I foster any more, my husband will have my head!
juniper8204
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby kera09 » September 14th, 2009, 12:27 am

lol! i wake up every morning in a pitty sandwich!
kera09
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby mnp13 » September 14th, 2009, 12:09 pm

I'm not following... you feel guilty about them not being in bed with you or not being able to give them full medical testing? What antibiotics are they on?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby DanaJ » September 14th, 2009, 11:00 pm

Without any other specific details, it almost sounds like incontinence...
DanaJ
Just Whelped

Postby TheRedQueen » September 14th, 2009, 11:03 pm

mnp13 wrote:I'm not following... you feel guilty about them not being in bed with you or not being able to give them full medical testing? What antibiotics are they on?

I'm guessing the guilty is from the dogs not being allowed in the bed. I'd be feeling guilty for the lack of vet care, myself. :neutral:

Kera...can't your vet do a in-house urine test? :|
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby BigDogBuford » September 14th, 2009, 11:37 pm

Most vets I know will run a UA in house and then for further diagnostics they sometimes then send a culture out to the lab if necessary. Typically in house UA's will run $25-40 and the cultures can get really expensive.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby kera09 » September 14th, 2009, 11:54 pm

im guilty about them not being in bed. They did an in house analysis, saw alot of bacteria but they said to be sure they would have to send it out to the lab. It was 30 dollars for each analysis, 40 for the visit and $46 apiece for the simplicef (sp?) They wont be going to that vet again, i will be switching. Im going to see if they clear up, if not i will bring in another urine sample and have them sent to the lab (at another vet)
kera09
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby BigDogBuford » September 15th, 2009, 12:02 am

kera09 wrote:im guilty about them not being in bed. They did an in house analysis, saw alot of bacteria but they said to be sure they would have to send it out to the lab. It was 30 dollars for each analysis, 40 for the visit and $46 apiece for the simplicef (sp?) They wont be going to that vet again, i will be switching. Im going to see if they clear up, if not i will bring in another urine sample and have them sent to the lab (at another vet)

That seems reasonable. Usually they will send it out to the lab if it doesn't clear up with the prescribed antibiotics or if there are repeated infections. Hope they feel better soon, it seems weird that they both got them at the same time!
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby kera09 » September 15th, 2009, 12:30 am

very wierd, i know. :confused: They seem to be doing better after 4 days on the antibiotics...no accidents :dance:
kera09
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby mnp13 » September 15th, 2009, 2:10 pm

kera09 wrote:im guilty about them not being in bed. They did an in house analysis, saw alot of bacteria but they said to be sure they would have to send it out to the lab. It was 30 dollars for each analysis, 40 for the visit and $46 apiece for the simplicef (sp?) They wont be going to that vet again, i will be switching. Im going to see if they clear up, if not i will bring in another urine sample and have them sent to the lab (at another vet)

Why? Was the vet negligent about something? I'm honestly not seeing the problem...

The prices don't seem outlandish to me. :|

Vet care costs what vet care costs, I don't like to treat for anything that I'm not sure of. Things like what Katrina is dealing with with Dru are a perfect example of what happens when drugs are over prescribed or mis-prescribed.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby kera09 » September 15th, 2009, 2:24 pm

well they got a new vet....and i dont like her. I like a vet to LIKE my dogs, she didnt. I just think it was strange i got charged for the in house anayisis and that couldnt tell me if it was indeed a uti or not. She seemed really flighty and not professional,i guess i should have stated that in my prior posts!
kera09
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Malli » September 16th, 2009, 3:34 am

they can see the bacteria, just not what type they are. There is special equipment required to do the culture, wich tells them exactly what kind of bacteria they are, this allows for a more precise prescription of antibiotics.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Return to Pit Bull Talk