anyone up for some hate mail?

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby Nizmo357 » August 12th, 2009, 4:05 pm

i love over loading people like this' inbox.

http://www.myspace.com/377836314
Nizmo357
Just Whelped
 
Posts: 26

Postby pitbullmamaliz » August 12th, 2009, 4:13 pm

Hate mail definitely isn't the best way to change somebody's mind - it just further perpetuates the myth that all pit bull owners are thugs. :wink:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
User avatar
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing
 
Posts: 15437
Location: Cleveland, OH

Postby Nizmo357 » August 12th, 2009, 4:19 pm

pitbullmamaliz wrote:Hate mail definitely isn't the best way to change somebody's mind - it just further perpetuates the myth that all pit bull owners are thugs. :wink:

let me rephrase that. EDUCATING MAIL.
i dont send people mail making the breed or the people that own the breed look bad.
i just give them some food for thought while not putting them down.
Nizmo357
Just Whelped
 
Posts: 26

Postby juniper8204 » August 12th, 2009, 7:22 pm

I can't see the profile...it's set to private. Why does this individual need educating?
Jen
Mommy to Mindy Lou and Moose

Pits are addicting!!! If I foster any more, my husband will have my head!
User avatar
juniper8204
Hyper Adolescent Bully
 
Posts: 366
Location: Fayetteville, NC

Postby Nizmo357 » August 13th, 2009, 3:42 am

juniper8204 wrote:I can't see the profile...it's set to private. Why does this individual need educating?

add him to your account and you will see why. i talked through messages on myspace to him, it was pretty civil actually. but his opinions on his page aren't based on true facts. but everyone's entitled to an opinion, i was just hoping that if he got enough messages, he might rethink having that page setup.
Nizmo357
Just Whelped
 
Posts: 26

Postby kera09 » August 13th, 2009, 10:31 am

i added them as a friend...this is in their about me section for all those who care:

About me:
I am not pro BSL. I'M NOT spreading hate about the pitbull i just need to you realize that your pitbull is more likely to attack than my golden.I don't hate pitbulls. Pit bull enthusiasts seem to forget that raising a pit bull in a loving and caring environment doesn’t alter its genetics or background. Even if a pit bull is given a great deal of attention, it still holds onto its genetics. I’d like to add this. Pit bull enthusiasts accept posotive information about pit bulls without any trouble. When negative information regarding pit bulls in produced though, they need supportive details, statistics, sources, and similar things. Pit bull enthusiasts look for everything they can in order to prove that pit bulls are harmless. This is why they’ve accepted that old "pit bulls are only dog aggressive" bull. To me, this is a very funny statement. It makes me laugh. I actually used to believe that. After thinking a bite though, I noticed there was something wrong with it. I noticed that only fighting dogs such as pit bulls are supposedly dog aggressive. I realized that no one claimed that Scottish Deer simply wanted to hunt deer. I noticed that no one claimed that bear dogs only wanted to hunt bears. We don’t even know who developed that statement. We have no proof that varrifies it. We have no evidence that really supports it. Everyone accepts this information without thinking. We don’t even take a minute to look between the lines. Dogs bred to hunt deer won’t just try to hunt deer. Dogs bred to gaurd chickens won’t just try to gaurd chickens. And dogs bred to herd sheep won’t just try to herd sheep. So... why do we think that pit bulls only want to fight or be aggressive towards other dogs? Dogs bred for certain purposes don’t just focus on one particular species. A dog bred to run down game will run after an moving object, whether it’s living or not. A dog bred to herd sheep will herd anything, including humans, cats, and chickens. Pit bull enthusiasts claim that pit bulls are like other dogs, while supporting the fact that they’re only dog aggressive. They’re contradicting themselves. If you think about it, pit bulls are one of the only breeds that people claim focusses on a certain animal. This dog aggressive thing was obviouslly created in an attempt to save or redeam the pit bull. Pit bull enthusiasts say that I’m stereotyping. Well, if I am, so are they! If they go about claiming that pit bulls are just dog aggressive, they’re being stereotypical to some degree. They’re judging the breed. It’s a fact that pit bulls and other similar dogs bred to fight or gaurd are more likely to attack. Don’t tell me I’m stereotyping just because you dislike what I’m saying. I don’t agree with you, but I’m not going to tell you you’re being mean or that you’re incorrect. As I’ve explained, pit bulls are more likely to attack. Some pit bulls will be more aggressive than others, some less. It all depends on genetics Pitbulls, like many other dogs, were bred for a specific purpose. A pitbulls purpose was to entertian people. Theyre bred to battle other dogs and to bait bulls and even bears. They were bred to be aggressive, fearless, and tough. Through generations of pit fighting, pitbulls have developed a natural aggression. People claim that pitbulls are only dog aggressive, but I disagree with this. All dogs, including pitbulls, treat humans like other dogs. They use the same body language and communication to interact with humans that theyd use while interacting with other dogs. A dog whos submissive will expose his stomach, crawl on the ground, and lick his leader. Dogs do this to people. Dogs will not give you eye contact if youre more domiant than them, just like they do with other dogs. Extremely dominant dogs will bump against others who are of a lesser hierarchy and create stare downs. They dont just do this to other dogs They do it to the humans too. Because of this, whos to say that a dog wont bite a human out of dominance or submission? Dogs who are in a pack will get disciplined by their pack leaders. To dogs, humans are part of the pack, so isnt it possible that a dog more domiant than them would bite them to put them in their proper place? Because pitbulls are more "dog aggressive," I believe its more likely for them to attack people. So, what Im saying is that all dogs treat humans like their part of the packs. Like their dogs. They ineract with humans and other dogs using the same body language and communication. Because of this, dogs, including pitbulls, may bite humans to put them in their place or for other reasons. Because dog aggression is stronger in pitbulls, I think theyre probably more human aggressive as well. I think its important for all pitbull owners to realize what Ive stated above. I dislike how every one states that pitbulls arent more aggressive than other dogs when its incorrect. Aggression is encoded in their DNA. Aggression is natural in pitbulls. I simply believe that pitbull are more aggressive than other types or breeds of dogs. I do not support pitbulls being banned either. I just hate how every ones so ignorant when it comes to pitbulls. I cant stand these "blame the deed, not the breed" stuff! Yes with proper breeding, training, it can be a safe faimly pet. I end with this quote "a pitbull is mans best friend, but even a friend can turn on you"
Who I'd like to meet:
things i am sick of hearing - Pit bull owners who think their dogs are harmless. These people are simply stupid. Any dog is potentially dangerous. Although, some are more dangerous.
- People who think that only abused and mistreated pit bulls attack.
- People who think that pit bulls aren’t predictable. All dogs are unpredictable. No matter how well you know a dog, you can’t predict what it’ll do next.
- People who think every one’s out to get pit bulls for no reason at all. These people obviously know little about pit bulls. People don’t just target a dog because it attacks once. Labs have attacked on several ocassions, yet the media doesn’t target them. Pit bulls have been targeted for a reason.
- People who think that statistics are wrong because they don’t include the entire dog population. This doesn’t even matter. Statistics still show that certian dogs are more likely to attack.
- People who use the American Temperament Test Society’s temperament test to show how wonderful pit bulls are.
- People who think pit bulls are inocent because they’re ocassioanly not at the top of the dog attacks list
duge, ava, lulu and martini's momma :)
User avatar
kera09
Hyper Adolescent Bully
 
Posts: 318
Location: rochester

Postby LMM » August 13th, 2009, 1:53 pm

There so much wrong with that my eyes started to bleed a quarter of the way through. I wasn't able to finish reading.
User avatar
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass
 
Posts: 1834
Location: Bitch please....

Postby Marinepits » August 13th, 2009, 2:25 pm

LMM wrote:There so much wrong with that my eyes started to bleed a quarter of the way through. I wasn't able to finish reading.


Uh, yeah. Pass the migraine meds.....
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
User avatar
Marinepits
Proud Infidel
 
Posts: 15621
Location: New England

Postby LMM » August 13th, 2009, 2:56 pm

Marinepits wrote:
LMM wrote:There so much wrong with that my eyes started to bleed a quarter of the way through. I wasn't able to finish reading.


Uh, yeah. Pass the migraine meds.....



*passing* how about a cold beer to wash those down?
User avatar
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass
 
Posts: 1834
Location: Bitch please....

Postby Marinepits » August 13th, 2009, 2:58 pm

No, thanks. Just the drugs.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
User avatar
Marinepits
Proud Infidel
 
Posts: 15621
Location: New England

Postby iluvk9 » August 13th, 2009, 3:02 pm

"I'M NOT spreading hate about the pitbull i just need to you realize that your pitbull is more likely to attack than my golden."

8) Oh my. Not in MY house!!!
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!
 
Posts: 14900
Location: New York

Postby BigDogBuford » August 13th, 2009, 3:05 pm

iluvk9 wrote:"I'M NOT spreading hate about the pitbull i just need to you realize that your pitbull is more likely to attack than my golden."

8) Oh my. Not in MY house!!!


Yeah, tell that to the St. Bernard that tried to chew my arm off last year.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
User avatar
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.
 
Posts: 2053
Location: Lake Stevens, WA

Postby HappyChick » August 13th, 2009, 3:07 pm

If he thinks he is so effing right in his "knowledge" of pit bulls, I wonder why his profile is set to private?
Angie & crew

http://www.epitome-dog-rescue.org

My beloved Vincenzo 07/22/05 - 11/16/09 forever in my heart. Cancer sucks.
HappyChick
Loyally Bully
 
Posts: 701

Postby BigDogBuford » August 13th, 2009, 3:08 pm

"All dogs are unpredictable. No matter how well you know a dog, you can’t predict what it’ll do next."

So his dog is unpredictable and should be declared dangerous?
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
User avatar
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.
 
Posts: 2053
Location: Lake Stevens, WA

Postby Marinepits » August 13th, 2009, 5:25 pm

BigDogBuford wrote:"All dogs are unpredictable. No matter how well you know a dog, you can’t predict what it’ll do next."

So his dog is unpredictable and should be declared dangerous?


Ooooo, now don't confuse him with LOGIC! :shock:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
User avatar
Marinepits
Proud Infidel
 
Posts: 15621
Location: New England

Postby AllAmericanPUP » August 13th, 2009, 7:06 pm

:nono:

ive been bitten by quite a few different breeds(when i worked at a vet clinic) and never once have i been so much as growled at by a pit bull
User avatar
AllAmericanPUP
Eli's Mom
 
Posts: 412
Location: Taylorville,IL

Postby Nizmo357 » August 14th, 2009, 4:35 am

do you guys get what i mean now?
i dindt actually mean "hate mail". i just hate people like this. i wanted to have people fill his box up with facts and education because he contradicts himself every other sentence. i kept it civil with him, but i did get very irrated because he sounded like he had no brain cells.

and about the lab comment, werent labs bred to fight for food?
i've heard that a couple times.
Nizmo357
Just Whelped
 
Posts: 26

Postby iluvk9 » August 14th, 2009, 8:30 am

Nizmo357 wrote:and about the lab comment, werent labs bred to fight for food?


Well, from what I know, they started off in Newfoundland, working for fisherman. They swam out to the boats, and helped pull the nets in. Their coats and love of retrieving made them excellent workers. :) Then some Earl brought them to England for all around hunting.

I never heard about them fighting over the fish. 8)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!
 
Posts: 14900
Location: New York


Return to Pit Bull Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users