CafePress chooses BSL City for meet and Greet

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby Karen » May 11th, 2006, 12:52 pm

How many of us support the CafePress machine with our personal shops and those for the rescues? We all have pit bull theme shops and talk about IRONY! CafePress has in a slap in East Coaster's faces chosen BOSTON of all places to hold their Northeast meet and greet!

How many of us wrote the pig headed council in Boston that our hard earned dollars would be spent in other places but NOT in Boston? Guess CafePress is choosing to spend some of the dollars they made off us in that not so fair city on the polluted harbor.

Here is the announcement that was posted on their message boards:



Hi Shopkeepers,

We're excited to announce that the Boston Meet & Greet will be hosted at The Harp. We hear it's an awesome venue and hope to meet Shopkeepers in the Boston area... so mark your calendar for July 15!

Date: July 15, 2006
Time: 12:00 p.m. ET - 3:00 p.m. ET
Where: The Harp [Across from the FleetCenter]
85 Causeway Street
Boston 02114

We hope you can join us! Check out the fun from past Meet & Greets.

Please RSVP to cpmeet@cafepress.com by July 7th. When RSVPing, please include your Who's Who info:

Shopkeeper or Affiliate VIP ID (Name):
VIP Guest Name (if you're bringing one):
Shop ID:
Member since:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: AngCP, 10 May 2006 02:57 PM 10 May 2006 11:57 AM


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There are other major cities in New England with huge airports and NO BSL they could have chosen. Are we as Bull Breed owners going to stand for this? We have our stores with Cafe Press and they don't listen to the concerns of a huge portion of where their profits come from! I urge you to write Cafe Press requesting a venue change ASAP.




Karen Frenette
http://www.lilacpitbull.com



Email all that need to know!
Karen, Cuddles, Dilly the Understudy, and Rowdy the Ruckus Raiser
User avatar
Karen
Confident Young Bully
 
Posts: 534
Location: NH

Postby Maryellen » May 11th, 2006, 1:08 pm

letter written and emailed.
Maryellen
I live here
 
Posts: 5971

Postby cheekymunkee » May 11th, 2006, 1:46 pm

Done! I don't have a shop of my own but I have purchased from them.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
User avatar
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass
 
Posts: 28540
Location: Dallas

Postby Romanwild » May 11th, 2006, 2:00 pm

Some people don't THINK! :o

I wonder if they will change it?
User avatar
Romanwild
I live here
 
Posts: 2931
Location: Watertown NY

Postby Karen » May 11th, 2006, 2:31 pm

oh my smurfing God! I knew Bad Rap was STUPID and this taks the cake. Leslie is part of Bad Rap.

Her reply:
New Reply by CPLeslie - Re: "Boston Meet and Greet"
11 May 2006 11:08 AM

-----------------------
Hey there,

I'm both a pit bull owner and rescuer.

Boston was chosen because it's a central NE location and we have a ton of shopkeepers living there. Do I personally agree with Boston's BSL? Good Lord, of course not. I wrote letters myself.

However, my personal agenda isn't relevant to a Meet & Greet for a large community of shopkeepers, many of whom have differing opinions politically.

CafePress enables people to make t-shirts; we don't make political statements as a company. There are laws that people disagree with in every city in the country; politics are subjective. What's not subjective is the shopkeeper population of Boston, which is large.

Supporting local businesses by having a Meet & Greet has nothing to do with supporting Breed-Specific legislation. If folks choose not to attend the Meet & Greet because they disagree with local Boston dog politics, my recommendation is to send a letter to the City of Boston explaining your absence. We as a company have no control over Boston politics, so you may as well have your voice heard by the powers-that-be.

Thanks for the concern...
Karen, Cuddles, Dilly the Understudy, and Rowdy the Ruckus Raiser
User avatar
Karen
Confident Young Bully
 
Posts: 534
Location: NH

Postby mnp13 » May 11th, 2006, 4:58 pm

What BS.

You support BSL by having events in the city. You hand the city millions of dollars by having large events there.

I don't go to Ohio because they have BSL in the state. I don't go to Ontario for the same reason.

You support politics with your dollars.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
User avatar
mnp13
Evil Overlord
 
Posts: 17234
Location: Rochester, NY

Postby cheekymunkee » May 11th, 2006, 6:02 pm

Karen wrote:oh my smurfing God! I knew Bad Rap was STUPID and this taks the cake. Leslie is part of Bad Rap.

Her reply:
New Reply by CPLeslie - Re: "Boston Meet and Greet"
11 May 2006 11:08 AM

-----------------------
Hey there,

I'm both a pit bull owner and rescuer.

Boston was chosen because it's a central NE location and we have a ton of shopkeepers living there. Do I personally agree with Boston's BSL? Good Lord, of course not. I wrote letters myself.

However, my personal agenda isn't relevant to a Meet & Greet for a large community of shopkeepers, many of whom have differing opinions politically.

CafePress enables people to make t-shirts; we don't make political statements as a company. There are laws that people disagree with in every city in the country; politics are subjective. What's not subjective is the shopkeeper population of Boston, which is large.

Supporting local businesses by having a Meet & Greet has nothing to do with supporting Breed-Specific legislation. If folks choose not to attend the Meet & Greet because they disagree with local Boston dog politics, my recommendation is to send a letter to the City of Boston explaining your absence. We as a company have no control over Boston politics, so you may as well have your voice heard by the powers-that-be.

Thanks for the concern...


Doesn't she work for CafePress?

edit: oops look what I found, she DOES

we don't make political statements as a company.


What a crock of shit.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
User avatar
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass
 
Posts: 28540
Location: Dallas

Postby cheekymunkee » May 11th, 2006, 6:05 pm

mnp13 wrote:What BS.

You support BSL by having events in the city. You hand the city millions of dollars by having large events there.

I don't go to Ohio because they have BSL in the state. I don't go to Ontario for the same reason.

You support politics with your dollars.


Well, if you ask me ( and no one did) BadRap supports BSL. You don't even have to ask me, ask them yourselves. They supported it in Cali.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
User avatar
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass
 
Posts: 28540
Location: Dallas

Postby mnp13 » May 11th, 2006, 6:12 pm

Yup. If you support ANY law that names a breed you support BSL. And they do.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
User avatar
mnp13
Evil Overlord
 
Posts: 17234
Location: Rochester, NY

Postby Karen » May 11th, 2006, 6:58 pm

That's nothing I got an email from someone I don't even know saying they put my email on pit bull forum. The deleted it. Isn't that nice? They have cafepress crap everywhere they even have links TO MY STUFF yet I'm banned and because the person left my siggy on it poof gone.
Karen, Cuddles, Dilly the Understudy, and Rowdy the Ruckus Raiser
User avatar
Karen
Confident Young Bully
 
Posts: 534
Location: NH

Postby cheekymunkee » May 11th, 2006, 7:29 pm

Karen wrote:That's nothing I got an email from someone I don't even know saying they put my email on pit bull forum. The deleted it. Isn't that nice? They have cafepress poop everywhere they even have links TO MY STUFF yet I'm banned and because the person left my siggy on it poof gone.


Yep, there is LOT of stuff being adertised on PBF that belong to people who are banned from that forum. I've seen your stuff, Chea's, Brad's & Michelle's. None of them are members either.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
User avatar
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass
 
Posts: 28540
Location: Dallas

Postby babyreba » May 12th, 2006, 12:56 pm

User avatar
babyreba
Supremely Bully
 
Posts: 1132

Postby Karen » May 12th, 2006, 2:07 pm

babyreba wrote:it wasn't deleted . . . it's right here.

http://www.pitbullforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=41858&highlight=cafepress


I can't read ober there because I'm banned remember? Only members can read.
Karen, Cuddles, Dilly the Understudy, and Rowdy the Ruckus Raiser
User avatar
Karen
Confident Young Bully
 
Posts: 534
Location: NH

Postby Karen » May 12th, 2006, 2:17 pm

smurfing edit button. Remember that's a BadRap safehouse over there. Leslie and Donna post all the time so of course they won't give a crap their pit bull owning employees don't care enough to complain to the boss
Karen, Cuddles, Dilly the Understudy, and Rowdy the Ruckus Raiser
User avatar
Karen
Confident Young Bully
 
Posts: 534
Location: NH

Postby Asta » May 12th, 2006, 2:31 pm

Umkay, so whats so wrong with BadRap if i may ask :| ? I have always thought that they were both involved and wellread. Like their dogs a lot too, well as much as anyone can "like" something only experienced online :)

Cheers,

Åsa
User avatar
Asta
Welcome Wagger
 
Posts: 3115
Location: Everywhere

Postby babyreba » May 12th, 2006, 2:32 pm

it was a crossposting of your message about cafe press. pretty much the thing you posted above.
User avatar
babyreba
Supremely Bully
 
Posts: 1132

Postby Karen » May 12th, 2006, 2:42 pm

Asta wrote:Umkay, so whats so wrong with BadRap if i may ask :| ? I have always thought that they were both involved and wellread. Like their dogs a lot too, well as much as anyone can "like" something only experienced online :)

Cheers,

Åsa


They helped Spier write the crap law that Ahnold passed AND they helped writ SF's BSL laws.
Karen, Cuddles, Dilly the Understudy, and Rowdy the Ruckus Raiser
User avatar
Karen
Confident Young Bully
 
Posts: 534
Location: NH

Postby cheekymunkee » May 12th, 2006, 4:39 pm

Asta wrote:Umkay, so whats so wrong with BadRap if i may ask :| ? I have always thought that they were both involved and wellread. Like their dogs a lot too, well as much as anyone can "like" something only experienced online :)

Cheers,

Åsa


I thought so as well Asa but after they supported the passing of BSL in California I have my doubts. No matter what pretty picture they try to paint, they sold out our breed. Of course, the California breeders did as well by not even showing up at the rally's to oppose the law.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
User avatar
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass
 
Posts: 28540
Location: Dallas

Postby Asta » May 12th, 2006, 4:46 pm

Man thats so so dissappointing :( I still love their website and dogs though, always something! Positive thinking...;)

Cheers,

Åsa
User avatar
Asta
Welcome Wagger
 
Posts: 3115
Location: Everywhere

Postby babyreba » May 12th, 2006, 4:51 pm

I don't know the ins and outs of what happened in California, but isn't there more to the story than that? Weren't they pushing for an out-and-out ban over there, and Bad Rap and others tried to get the language in the bill changed so it was less aggressive?


I don't live in Cali so I don't have all the details, but from what I've seen discussed here and elsewhere, it's more than a simple matter of BR supporting BSL.
User avatar
babyreba
Supremely Bully
 
Posts: 1132

Next

Return to Pit Bull Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users