Another letter 'must read'

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby kayesmith » May 11th, 2006, 10:42 am

This is her response back to me when I asked her about dogs being live stock:

I really cannot explain that comment to you, but I am going to try...................But, You would have had to have spent the day with me to really feel it.
I was asked to help/intercede on two intact short rope tied up Pit Bulls that seem to be part of a Hispanic household. An already reported observation by a neighbor to Animal Control over the past 12 months has accomplished nothing.
Think about 12 months on a short rope winter, spring, summer, and fall.
This request was made by a volunteer for a Spay & Neuter Program to me specifically. This volunteer woman lives in the same neighborhood and has to see these two dogs daily. She was sick about what she kept observing and had tried to help.
She has even printed up info in Spanish for them about not "chaining" their dogs, etc. Very confrontational.
I was attempting to obtain photos since Animal Control will not do anything unless we can prove the dogs have not had water or food being offered within certain time frames............ Regardless of there being no shelter for these two dogs and Bend does have a WINTER and a SUMMER!
I was not able to get the necessary photos or even an address of this house. I was hoping to contact the owners of this rental and then I was going to try to be diplomatic with my inquires about the tied up dogs, etc.

I was not in the best mood last night when I e-mailed you after my confrontation with this other culture's non-regard for "their livestock"....their wording not mine. I tried to tell them their dogs were not goats..............I am so happy they did NOT have guns. My next not too bright idea is to offer to buy these dogs..........

Please accept my apologies. I was on the defensive and my reasoning was not applicable to your e-mail's content.
Another words, I was way out of context with my e-mail to you after a very frustrating situation of absolute dog/Pit Bull abuse with the added burden of language.
My husband has warned me that I could really get myself in trouble if I spoke Spanish.

Please accept my non explanation for "livestock"..................there isn't one. And, now I have a new issue with "Capone's" breeder who is a local "Pit Bull" breeder as I expected.
"Capone" wandered into the Redmond Shelter last Nov. at a very young age. He was adopted and given the name "Roman," and then whoever adopted him passed him along to some lady, and then she dumped him back at the shelter.....................but there are conflicting stories!
There is a woman, Gwen, who is breeding and she should NOT be.
I have now contacted her about one of her puppies , "Capone," ending up at the Humane Society Shelter in Nov. and once again being there in May. I have not heard back from her as yet.
Many of the "Pits" that are here in our Central Oregon Shelters are from Gwen's breeding program. This situation is VERY frustrating!
I am going to e-mail you her web site since "she" is one of the reasons you have the unnecessary need to have "Dead Dog Walking"...........

I apologize again for last night's e-mail. Helen Keller is my attitude inspiration for this month with her:
"THE POWER OF ONE"

I am only one, but still I am one.
I cannot do everything, but still I can do something.
I will not refuse to do the something that I can do."
kayesmith
Just Whelped

Postby msvette2u » May 11th, 2006, 10:48 am

This person is certifiable... :o
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Maryellen » May 11th, 2006, 10:48 am

still decline her.. she sounds a little off..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » May 11th, 2006, 10:52 am

WTF is she rambling about? And what does any of it have to do with adopting a dog from you? If she is as chummy with the shelter as she claims, why not adopt one of their dogs? :|
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Marinepits » May 11th, 2006, 1:59 pm

Time to call in the white coats. What a wacko.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Jenn » May 11th, 2006, 2:15 pm

Did she even answer the dang question? :?
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby Jesseca » May 11th, 2006, 2:18 pm

:crazy:
Jesseca
Devoutly Bully

Postby girlie » May 11th, 2006, 2:21 pm

"She's a super freak, super freak, she's super freaky......."

I'm Rick James Bitch
girlie
Devoutly Bully

Postby kayesmith » May 11th, 2006, 2:36 pm

I quit responding after her whacked response about the dogs being tied out. What is scary is that she claims to take her dogs into to school as let kids read to them. Can you imagine some of the things she tells these kids? And, why is it that she can't fine a Pit Bull in a shelter near her?
kayesmith
Just Whelped

Postby JCleve86 » May 17th, 2006, 2:15 am

Kaye, I don't know if you've heard, but this same lady has been trying to get dogs from EVERYONE...seriously...just about everyone I know involved in bully rescue in the semi-local area has been contacted by her.

Maybe she genuinely wants another pit bull...in which case, as you said it...she could easily go to a shelter that has more lenient adoption policies. Of course I wouldn't WANT her to have another dog, but that doesn't change much.
JCleve86
Confident Young Bully

Postby Asta » May 17th, 2006, 5:21 am

Ugh she seems plain scary :o !

Åsa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby kayesmith » May 17th, 2006, 7:05 am

Jamie,

I didn't know that she was at it again. I know last year she was trying to get dogs from other rescues when she wanted my Nala. And while I don't think three Pit Bulls belong on 45 acres unfenced; she does seem real nice; just strange! A shelter dog is her best bet.
kayesmith
Just Whelped

Return to Pit Bull Talk