Vick Could Be Partially Reinstated

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby Marinepits » July 23rd, 2009, 10:55 pm

http://views.washingtonpost.com/theleag ... eheadlines

Vick Could Be Partially Reinstated
UPDATED (9:14 p.m.)...

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell met Wednesday in New Jersey with Michael Vick and appears to be giving serious consideration to allowing Vick to sign with a team and participate in training camp practices but then possibly serve an additional suspension at the outset of the regular season, sources familiar with the case said Thursday evening.

The added suspension likely would last four to six games if it's included with Vick's reinstatement, said the sources, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the league's deliberations on the highly controversial case. The suspension, if imposed, would be without pay.

The sources cautioned that nothing had been firmly decided and that Goodell has complete authority in the matter and possibly still could change his mind. Any additional legal troubles for Vick almost certainly would result in a severe punishment being imposed by Goodell, the sources said.

Greg Aiello, the NFL's senior vice president of public relations, said Thursday night: "This is a serious matter. We are engaging in a careful and thoughtful process and no decisions have been made."

Vick currently is on indefinite suspension by the NFL. He was released from federal custody Monday. The quarterback missed the last two seasons while serving his federal sentence for his role in a dogfighting operation in Virginia. Vick is a free agent after being released by the Atlanta Falcons.
Sources said that Goodell met with Vick for between three and 3-1/2 hours Wednesday afternoon in New Jersey.

Sports Illustrated reported on its website that the meeting concluded around 4 p.m. Wednesday at Buckley Petersen Global Inc., a security firm in Allendale, N.J. According to the report, both Goodell and Vick were seen leaving the meeting.

It is not clear if any NFL team is interested in signing Vick, 29, if he is reinstated by Goodell, who imposed the suspension on Vick prior to the 2007 season.

ESPN reported that Goodell is expected to suspend Vick for four games when a conditional reinstatement is announced next week.

Vick met Tuesday with DeMaurice Smith, the executive director of the NFL Players Association, at an undisclosed location.

Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby mnp13 » July 24th, 2009, 11:45 am

I can't imagine any team being stupid enough to sign him, but then again, it is the NFL :|
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby kera09 » July 24th, 2009, 11:52 am

i feel he should die....just my input! :mad2:
duge, ava, lulu and martini's momma :)
kera09
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Pit♥bull » July 24th, 2009, 12:58 pm

Maybe the 'team' can have a little talk with this asshole in the locker room. >(
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby LMM » July 24th, 2009, 1:14 pm

Vick wasn't that good when this all happened. I can't see a team wanting to take on this media/picketing circus waiting to happen.

But like Michelle said, this is the NFL.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Return to Pit Bull Talk