INCOMING!!!!

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby juniper8204 » July 23rd, 2009, 9:39 am

Just thought I'd give someone a laugh today at my canine alarm clock.

For the last week, Otto (who sleeps on the floor by the bed otherwise me and my husband would be kicked out of the bed by him) has been waking me up in the rudest way! If it gets past 8:30, he will jump straight up and land all four paws on top of me in the bed and then jump right back off...if it doesn't work (and it usually does), he'll whine and moan and groan right by my ear, and last resort will be him jumping on me again. Now I'm not a morning person, so I usually jump up screaming obscenities and empty threats until I really wake up. And of course the cuss sits there and does the most adorable wiggle when he sees me get up...so I can't stay mad at him.

Crazy dog!
Jen
Mommy to Mindy Lou and Moose

Pits are addicting!!! If I foster any more, my husband will have my head!
juniper8204
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » July 23rd, 2009, 9:41 am

:giggle:

I can laugh because it's happening to you. My guys know that that won't fly with me...;) They all lie in wait...very quietly...until they see me stirring for real. Then they get excited and climb all over me.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Marinepits » July 23rd, 2009, 9:52 am

Shorty or Tucker usually start by pacing around the bed until we throw them out of the room. This happens a couple of times, then Shorty either dive-bombs into the middle of the bed and starts a rumble, or Tucker tries to "sneak" into the bed by climbing under the covers at our feet. He's always surprised when we "catch" him, LOL. :crazy2:

If we let Tucker "sneak" under the covers, Shorty will usually jump on him and then it's UFC 200 through the covers. Indy will join in sometimes, but he's like a bull in a china shop! He falls all over everyone, crashes off the bed, etc. It's hilarious. Katy, of course, won't join in on the wrestling -- she'll hop up and then push everyone else off the bed and cuddle up with us. She's such a buzz-kill, LOL.

Mac isn't allowed to do this with the other dogs because he gets too aggressive with them. Usually I get up first, throw the other dogs out of the room, then allow Mac in to jump on my husband. It's like getting a ton of bricks thrown on you! If Mac decides to sit on you and trap you under the covers, you're screwed. :lol3:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby katiek0417 » July 23rd, 2009, 9:54 am

TheRedQueen wrote::giggle:

Yeah, I can't help laughing...

However, I shouldn't laugh too hard:

I woke up in a flying rage this morning...I couldn't fall asleep last night. I did a puppy feeding at 12:30, then I was planning on another at 4:30 (they're 2 weeks old now...I get an extra hour of sleep lol)...

Well, I couldn't fall asleep...so, at 4:30, I fed them...by the time we were done, it was 5:30...then cleaned up, fed Dru, so it got closer to 6...well, Asja and I crawl into bed, and I figured I'd get up around 8:30 for another feeding...

Dru started to bark angrily at 7:15!!! I was so mad...but then, it's like, okay, how do I get mad at the sick dog? So, I gritted my teeth, got up, went and got her and took her out (and, btw, all the while, Asja is out cold in the bed)...yeah, the stupid witch didn't want to go out - she started licking the ground (it rained)...she wanted water! :rolleyes2:
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby LMM » July 23rd, 2009, 10:03 am

Oh, you have my sympathies. My brood better recognize! They know a dire fate awaits them if they try some crap like that.

He does sound cute though ;)
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby iluvk9 » July 23rd, 2009, 10:30 am

8) Great alarm clock!

I have a 140 pound alarm clock who plops on top of me so I can't breath. Then he s-l-o-w-l-y begins kissing my face.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby furever_pit » July 23rd, 2009, 10:36 am

lol
I love animal alarm clocks.

My Dylan jumps up on my bed when he hears my alarm clock goes off and wakes me up with a kiss and some playtime.

My cat, Darrell, starts waking me up earlier by laying next to me and pawing gently at my face. :loveU:
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby katiek0417 » July 23rd, 2009, 10:42 am

iluvk9 wrote:8) Great alarm clock!

I have a 140 pound alarm clock who plops on top of me so I can't breath. Then he s-l-o-w-l-y begins kissing my face.

HE'S 140 POUNDS!!! :shock: :o
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 23rd, 2009, 11:11 am

Inara's the exact opposite - I have to drag her out of the bed in the morning!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby DeeNtheChillas » July 27th, 2009, 1:07 pm

Lizz waits for me. She's very patient. I slept for 10 hours last night (to make up for the fact that I slept for 4 the night before I guess!) and she was a perfect angel. I felt bad making her wait for so long but she just laid there and dozed.

Blazer gets up with Mike, who operates on a wholly different schedule from mine. :mrgreen:
Dee and the furry babies:
Lizz (11 y/o beagle x toy fox terrier)
Blazer (7 y/o chihuahua x boston terrier)
Valentino (less than a year old pit bull)
Tyler and Victoria, the kitties
and the 'chillas
Humble Acres Chinchillas
http://www.humbleacreschinchillas.com
DeeNtheChillas
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Malli » July 27th, 2009, 1:20 pm

Thats pretty funny for sure, but my dog would be SORRY if I woke up to that!
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby shady-angel » July 27th, 2009, 8:49 pm

I wish I could have my babe inside so he could do that but he whines so loud if I sleep in the whole neighbourhood gets woken up.
shady-angel
Kiwi

Return to Pit Bull Talk