dog fight in the neighborhood!

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby kera09 » July 18th, 2009, 11:23 pm

So today started my 10 day vaca!! Eric and i were in the driveway working on our new (old) boat and i hear dogs fighting!!! i jumped off of the open bow of the boat and went running across the street! (i thought it was a foster pup we had adopted out to our neighbor) Right behind me running was eric, we get there and a pitbull that lives directly across from us was in a fight with another neighbors guest dog. The owner of the mixed breed furry dog was screaming and eric kicked diamond (pitbull) to stop the fight. it worked! we got diamond a few feet away from the other dog and she had teeth marks in her face and was bleeding. She didnt seem happy with eric for kicking her so i talked to her told her to come and walked her home. The dumb idiot owner didnt know she had slipped her lead and was running through the neighborhood! Just earlier in the day she had gotten out and another neighbor walked her home!

I kindly explained to the owner she has to watch her dog!!! i said whether it was her dogs fault or not she would most likely be putdown if animal control came, and that things could have been sooooo much worse! I also saw they had a new pitty puppy :cuss: wtf they dont even take care of diamond well!!! I then walked over to check out the other dog and he was fine. Our neighborhood is very dog and pitty friendly, and thank god eric and i were there to stop this or one of the dogs would have been severly hurt or even dead!!!

I HATE IRRESPONSIBLE DOG OWNERS!!!!!!!!!
duge, ava, lulu and martini's momma :)
kera09
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby lokisdad » July 19th, 2009, 2:35 am

Glad to hear you guys were there to intervene, I know how ignorant some people can be, most cant even take care of a dog let alone 2 bullies.....so whats up with the 4 kids they cant care for as well, lol.

We still have to watch out for our best friends tho, innocent furbabies.

I'll share a little story with ya.

My neighbors from about 8 years ago already lived here when we bought our house.
Renters, junk all over the yard, junk cars in the driveway, basically the type of POS you dont want as a neighbor.
they had an older heinz 57
bout 2 years later they got a nice AMBull pup, he was gorgeous.
he grew fast and beat on the older dog, they tore off half his face when pulling the AMB off it. They kept their 3 foot fence in disrepair and the dog was loose all the time, I know because I brought it home dozens of times. I also gave them HD pickets to repair their fence.

I,m very glad that it knew me from puppyhood, otherwise I think it would have tried to alpha me, I saw other people try to contain it before and my imagination told me that if they persisted it could have become ugly, glad they had common sense and left it alone.

It was like 100+ pounds before it was a year old. It was always coming over to test my dogs whenever it escaped, TYG I had a proper fence.

Im sure it would have been a great dog for someone else, I dont even know why they got it, they never walked it, they never trained it, they didnt have anything of value to steal........... :|

Anyways...... I left them a nice brand new in the box HD cable swivel trolly inside of their yard (anonymously)
It was alot better than a rope tied from tree to tree and the chain they had running along the rope to his collar. My main reason to give this to them was for fear of the dog binding the chain and stragling himself...

Anyways, they never installed it, the dog strangled itself and died, they moved out a few months later. I was glad they left and sorry that I didnt try harder to get them to install that trolly
. I didnt in fear of them getting overly sensitive and feeling my pity on them.
Poor dog
lokisdad
Just Whelped

Postby kera09 » July 19th, 2009, 10:08 am

omg that poor dog! we do not have a fence, we have a runner line from the house to the tree in the yard. They are never ever left unattended on the lead! the lead is there for them to potty and when we let them out to play they are off the lead with both eric and myself watching them!!!! its all about being responsible!
kera09
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 19th, 2009, 10:17 am

Your yard isn't fenced but you let your dogs off-leash to play?
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Marinepits » July 19th, 2009, 2:37 pm

My backyard isn't fenced and I let my guys out off-lead (not all at the same time -- only Tucker and Shorty go out together) to play. Our backyard faces nothing but woods, our driveway is VERY long and steep because our house is on top of a hill, and our neighborhood is very quiet. It's not something I'd recommend for every dog, owner, and housing situation, but it works for us and our dogs' training and personalities.

Mac is never off-lead for a wide variety of reasons, but mainly because he has a ridiculous prey drive and the wildlife isn't safe with him loose. He'll take off into the woods in a heartbeat.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby lokisdad » July 19th, 2009, 5:17 pm

To everyone in general, Its all about prevention...

JMHO, knowing your dogs well and having them well trained is great, but not much else will beat a 6 foot sturdy fence.
I never walked my dogs on lead, never, I live in the city, I just chose to walk them at night when no one else was at the school field or park. I always chose wide open places so I could see if anyone else was coming to walk their dogs. My dogs were 99% cool with other dogs, but its that 1% that I was always worried about, and the 2 times that Thor was tested, both were instigated by the other dog that was off lead and out of control and came to us in our little corner of the park. I lived and learned, I hope the experiences can help others.

re: fence, It's not always about keeping your dogs in, its also about keeping other dogs out.

Thor is on the right and Loki is left
lokisdad
Just Whelped

Postby Marinepits » July 19th, 2009, 5:28 pm

lokisdad wrote:re: fence, It's not always about keeping your dogs in, its also about keeping other dogs out.

Agreed! If my HOA would allow one taller than 3 feet, we'd fence in our entire property. :neutral:

Thor is on the right and Loki is left

Beautiful pups!
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby BigDogBuford » July 19th, 2009, 5:44 pm

One of the best pieces of advice that my dad every gave me, "Good fences make good neighbors!"
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby kera09 » July 19th, 2009, 7:07 pm

well we currently rent and the yard is partially fenced. they are never ever out alone!!!! both of us are out with them when they are off the lead. we dont let them out if we see other neighborhood dogs out. we have never had a problem with them taking off. we know our dogs well enough and they listen to eric very very well. it may not work for some people or some dogs but it does work for us.
kera09
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby kera09 » July 20th, 2009, 4:55 pm

i saw animal control at the house where diamond lives. no one answered the door so they left a note!
kera09
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby lokisdad » July 21st, 2009, 2:14 pm

I wonder if thats good or bad, seeing these bad owners punished....does it bring the heat down on the responsible owners in the vicinity or does it make things better by having one less idiot bully owner in the area. All it takes is one bad accident to be seen by the public, seems accidents happen alot more for certain type people, some people seem to be walking accidents/accidents waiting to happen.

Then you get the idiots that dont even own a pet, pointing fingers at anyone with a dog that slightly resembles a bully...."there, those people, they have a visious dog that is always running loose!!" because they have nothing better to do than gossip in the neighborhood.

But it seems that all this BSL BS is brought on by these bad dog owners.

I hope Diamond makes it through this BS

Sry for the drivel,
lokisdad
Just Whelped

Postby mnp13 » July 21st, 2009, 2:39 pm

I'm glad everything turned out ok, and I hope that the dog doesn't get taken from them... or maybe it should. I'm not sure which would be worse

kera09 wrote: The owner of the mixed breed furry dog was screaming and eric kicked diamond (pitbull) to stop the fight. it worked! we got diamond a few feet away from the other dog and she had teeth marks in her face and was bleeding. She didnt seem happy with eric for kicking her so i talked to her told her to come and walked her home. The dumb idiot owner didnt know she had slipped her lead and was running through the neighborhood! Just earlier in the day she had gotten out and another neighbor walked her home!

I would like to encourage you to not kick dogs to break up a fight. With many dogs, that will only cause them to turn and bite you instead; with other dogs it will likely just make the dog madder, and the fight worse. If the dogs have collars on, straddle them from behind to immobilize the back end of the dog, then choke them off by lifting up on the collars. If they don't have collars on, get leashes and use them the same way as described above. It's better they fight for a minute or two more than have you get injured.

There are a million ways to get dogs apart, choking is just one of them; and in my opinion it's often the safest.

I'm glad everyone is ok!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby kera09 » July 21st, 2009, 3:10 pm

kicking the dog wouldnt have been our first means to breaking it up. she had no collar on and we literally jumped off our boat and ran over, i dont think we even used our brains for one second! eric didnt kick her hard, just enough for her to back away, she did look like she wanted to bite him tho. if this ever happens again hopefully we will be more prepared and use our brains, but in the heat of the moment its hard to be level headed!
kera09
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Return to Pit Bull Talk