reading therapy

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby dogcrazyjen » May 9th, 2006, 11:01 am

I went to the school today to help with band uniforms. While I was there, I thought I would take the jump and find out if they would let me bring in Tallulah to do reading therapy. I was inspired one of our own who took hers to reading therapy and posted pics. (I cannot remember who it was :oops: Michelle maybe?)

Well, the principle was just completely fine with it. Said he would try it out on a class probably next week to see how it went. I assumed I would need to show her credentals, prove she was behaved, explain why a bull terrier is not a danger, and offer insurance coverage. Nope. He was all go, right from the start!! I guess there used to be a special ed teacher who was big into therapy animals a few years ago, so they had great memories.

So hopefully we can add a day at the school and the day at the nursing home for Tallulah!! She is such a joy I love sharing her. :loveU:
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby dogcrazyjen » May 9th, 2006, 11:18 am

It was Mary Ellen, I finally found the pics!!
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby turtle » May 9th, 2006, 11:46 am

Congrats! That's great he had no problem with a bull terrier reading doggy. I'd have her credentials on hand anyway in case one of the teachers or someone wants to see them, can't hurt to have them with you.

And you'll have to take lots of pics too!

Yes, it was ME and Rufus who did it before. It's a great program and such good PR for bullies!
-------------------------------------------------------

I may be slow but I get there - a turtle's motto
turtle
Loyally Bully

Postby Maryellen » May 9th, 2006, 11:50 am

wooohoo!! way to go!!!!!! that is great you are going to do this!!!! you have to let us know how it went and post pics!!
Maryellen
I live here

Postby SpiritFngrz » May 9th, 2006, 1:58 pm

That sounds so awesome! I wish I could do that with Satin because she LOOOOVES kids. Unfortunately she would probably try to eat their books
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby Jenn » May 9th, 2006, 2:11 pm

Can't wait to see the pictures, best of luck!!
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby SisMorphine » May 9th, 2006, 2:27 pm

SpiritFngrz wrote:That sounds so awesome! I wish I could do that with Satin because she LOOOOVES kids. Unfortunately she would probably try to eat their books

:spit:
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Asta » May 9th, 2006, 5:34 pm

Wonderful news, i am so happy for you guys :)
And SpiritFngrz, bwaahhaahahaha!!!

Cheers,

├ůsa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby SpiritFngrz » May 10th, 2006, 10:19 am

Unfortunately, its true. If she gets a hold of one of our magazines, she will step on it and rip it in half in front of us in protest if we don't chase her
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Return to Pit Bull Talk