Advice on Crates

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby hugapitbull » June 5th, 2009, 6:39 pm

amazincc wrote:Ditto. Although Sepp has started to destroy the tray that goes in the bottom... I have NO idea how he is able to get a grip and fling little plastic pieces all over the floor. :rolleyes2: :nono:

He's got talent :neener:
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby pocketpit » June 5th, 2009, 7:36 pm

Do you mean any of the six that I posted about or the two that Shanna posted about but didn't put the pictures up of?

I was referencing your post that had pictures/links for 4 different crates. The teal colored plastic frame with wire sides crate looks nice but is the one I saw at Petsmart and found to be poorly put together. The metal seemed to be very flimsy and not connected to the frame very well. The other crate with the plastic clasps is also cheaply made. I have plenty of personal experience with them. The additional clasps near the door do make the door harder to remove but the plastic is thin as are the clasps so they crack and break easily.
The plastic Remmington crate you posted a photo of is made of cheap plastic as well but I've found that if you remove the plastic pins that hold it together and replace it with zip ties, it'll hold together pretty good. As long as the dog is not a chewer it's a good crate. I have one I use as a travel crate because I like the lighter weight. It makes it easier to take in and out of the car.
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby mnp13 » June 6th, 2009, 11:19 am

I guarantee you that this crate is 99.9999999999999999999999999999999% escape proof by anything that is bigger than the space between the bars: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=21872

Outside of that, everyone has completely different experiences with what crates work the best and what crates are horrible choices for their individual dogs.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Previous

Return to Pit Bull Talk