Question..

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby jnreem » April 29th, 2009, 6:16 pm

So me and my brother are slightly allergic to Buddy but it's not terrible but I have noticed getting itchy more than usual..is there anything I can give him to reduce pet dander? I have read that you can put a little oil in there food, but I wanted to see if anything here has used anything that helped.
Jenn & Buddy
jnreem
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby katiek0417 » April 29th, 2009, 8:36 pm

Sensitive skin shampoos....

Mackerel....

Salmon oil...
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby jnreem » April 29th, 2009, 8:39 pm

thank youu!!
Jenn & Buddy
jnreem
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby SisMorphine » April 29th, 2009, 8:59 pm

Super high quality food in general will help. Also brushing on a regular basis not only gets out the loose dander, but encourages oil production thus keeping the dander down.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby SassyCassie » April 29th, 2009, 9:40 pm

I used the Allerpet for cats and it worked really well. They changed the formula so now it is just one kind for all pets. You wipe it on and let it dry.
The root of ALL evil at dotcorny
SassyCassie
Just Whelped

Postby jnreem » April 30th, 2009, 12:07 am

SassyCassie wrote:I used the Allerpet for cats and it worked really well. They changed the formula so now it is just one kind for all pets. You wipe it on and let it dry.

hmm... thanks where do you find that at?
Jenn & Buddy
jnreem
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Malli » April 30th, 2009, 3:32 am

wash his bedding and vacuum more often as well. Regular bathing is a great idea as well, but keep in mind if you bathe him too much then you might dry out his skin and then he'll produce more dander...

Saliva will also be a real allergen, as well as the dander....
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby SisMorphine » April 30th, 2009, 7:52 am

Malli wrote:Saliva will also be a real allergen, as well as the dander....

I've found that I'm allergic to urine. If a dog jumps on me and has stepped in pee I immediately start itching and get hives. Which kind of sucks when your job is to clean up pee all day. LOL!!!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby mnp13 » April 30th, 2009, 11:46 am

The Febreeze allergen spray is great for furniture.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby jnreem » April 30th, 2009, 12:50 pm

thanksss everyone!!
Jenn & Buddy
jnreem
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Malli » April 30th, 2009, 12:55 pm

SisMorphine wrote:
Malli wrote:Saliva will also be a real allergen, as well as the dander....

I've found that I'm allergic to urine. If a dog jumps on me and has stepped in pee I immediately start itching and get hives. Which kind of sucks when your job is to clean up pee all day. LOL!!!

ew, how odd! That WOULD suck! Just yesterday, I had to marinate my hand in cat urine because I was restraining for blood collection and she peed and I couldn't let know.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Return to Pit Bull Talk