So... about that legendary pain tolerance

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby mnp13 » May 8th, 2006, 12:12 am

(Chris and Megan, don't read this :wink: )

I'm leaveing tomorrow morning (and not doing well with it, but that's another topic) so I gave Riggs more house time than usual tonight. He's trucking around, annoying Merlin and just doing laps in the house. I heard him running around downstairs so I called him. He comes upstairs and I see something wrong with his eye. I look closer and there is a claw shieth sticking out... of his EYE not the lid. I call Demo and he comes in and pulls it out while I hold Riggs' head still. Riggs' doens't make a sound; infact I don't think he even noticed it was there.

Can you imagine how much it would hurt to have a claw in your eye? Let alone run around with it in there for a while. Merlin was upstairs perched on the bathroom sink - his favorite dog attacking vantage point. So it was in his eye for at least three minutes.

Unreal.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby cheekymunkee » May 8th, 2006, 12:49 am

Ow!! I whine like a baby when my eyelid sticks to my eye. I can't imagine a claw in it!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby a-bull » May 8th, 2006, 6:55 am

Ahhh, the kitty got him!! I've had that problem twice here, and didn't even notice it----nor did she----until I saw her blinking too much. :o I never had any repercussions as a result of it, but just keep an eye (did I really just say that?) to make sure he doesn't end up with any type of eye infection.
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here

Postby dogcrazyjen » May 8th, 2006, 8:32 am

Dear Riggs,

Sorryto hear about your wound. Those clawed menaces are demons and need to be sent back into the fiery pits of heck from whence they came. Our demon left a claw in my nose the other day. Came right out from behind the bathroom door, ambush attack. No chivalry in those sneaky vermin! Take care of your wound, lest it get infected.

Yours in fighting the feline scourge,

Tess
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby a-bull » May 8th, 2006, 8:36 am

dogcrazyjen wrote:Dear Riggs,

Sorryto hear about your wound. Those clawed menaces are demons and need to be sent back into the fiery pits of heck from whence they came. Our demon left a claw in my nose the other day. Came right out from behind the bathroom door, ambush attack. No chivalry in those sneaky vermin! Take care of your wound, lest it get infected.

Yours in fighting the feline scourge,

Tess

lol . . .

I just can't believe the little buggers can actually strike quicker than the dog can blink!! :shock:
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here

Postby Sue » May 8th, 2006, 11:00 am

I have pulled many a nail from Rory's face. She's just no match for a 7 lb. cat :P
Sue
Bull Meister

Postby a-bull » May 8th, 2006, 11:07 am

The first time I saw one hanging out of her eye I almost had a heart attack!

The weird thing is, the cat that does it, is the cat my dogs like the best!! :|
DISCLAIMER:

a-bull
I live here

Postby turtle » May 8th, 2006, 11:25 am

Ouch!!!
-------------------------------------------------------

I may be slow but I get there - a turtle's motto
turtle
Loyally Bully

Postby PittieLove » May 8th, 2006, 12:35 pm

LMAO, every dog can feel pain but the pit bull doesnt make a big of deal out of it!!!
Bulldog Pride.
PittieLove
Confident Young Bully

Postby call2arms » May 8th, 2006, 12:35 pm

I can't imagine that... I was scratches IN the eye as a kid, and it hurts soooo much, I can't believe what it is if the nail is stuck... *shudders*
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby pLaurent » May 8th, 2006, 1:01 pm

Oh ewwwww - that is too gross! :o Poor doggie...
pLaurent
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Return to Pit Bull Talk