A little irritated...small BYB rant

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby juniper8204 » March 16th, 2009, 11:49 am

Almost a year ago, I adopted an unwanted APBT puppy that I named Oona. Well, the lady who I adopted her from gave my name and contact info to a friend because her friend has an unwanted pit bull...and get this...her friend cant' keep the dog because she's spayed and "what's the point of me keeping a dog that I can't get my money's worth out of, ya know?" WTF???? I can't believe people actually admit this $hit!

From the pics I've seen she's beautiful...buckskin with a red nose and a little underweight. Apparently this dog was a rescue from a neighbor...not sure why she was "rescued". But what killed me was the pics of her other dogs. She has a potentially pretty chocolate bitch and the pic was of her after she whelped a litter of at least 8, and the poor dam was covered in mange...had the whole bald wrinkly eyes and the bumpy fur...made my heart ache.

I'm so fed up with BYB's. Why breed a dog who's unhealthy???? :mad2: Moreso, why breed a dog not up to/exceeding breed standard???

Well, I told the lady that I'd give her a try. I have three dogs of my own at the moment. If for some reason she doesn't get along with my three after giving it a while, I'll probably foster her out and find her an excellent home with her as the only dog.

I'll let y'all know if I end up getting her. And of course I'll add pics!
Jen
Mommy to Mindy Lou and Moose

Pits are addicting!!! If I foster any more, my husband will have my head!
juniper8204
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Jenn » March 16th, 2009, 1:31 pm

:nono: Sad
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby Marinepits » March 16th, 2009, 2:45 pm

:neutral: Oh, dammit.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Kingsgurl » March 17th, 2009, 6:14 pm

I'm so fed up with BYB's. Why breed a dog who's unhealthy???? Moreso, why breed a dog not up to/exceeding breed standard???

Worrying about things like health and breed standards cut into the profit margin. Nice that she's probably passing that tendency toward Demodectic Mange on to yet another generation of pups. Hooray!
Kingsgurl
Just Whelped

Postby cheekymunkee » March 17th, 2009, 6:52 pm

Disgusting.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby juniper8204 » March 17th, 2009, 9:31 pm

Well, she added some pics of her other dogs boasting how pretty they are...I feel so bad for them; there's one who's all skin and bones...I guess some people believe that pits are supposed to be boney (lean and mean sort of thinking) not knowing there's a difference between toned/athletic and emaciated. I may be going to get my pittie girl tonight after this lady gets off work at 11...and it's a half hour drive too...not looking forward to the drive, but looking forward to getting this girl out of her living hell.
Jen
Mommy to Mindy Lou and Moose

Pits are addicting!!! If I foster any more, my husband will have my head!
juniper8204
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby demolitionic » March 17th, 2009, 9:35 pm

juniper8204 wrote:Well, she added some pics of her other dogs boasting how pretty they are...I feel so bad for them; there's one who's all skin and bones...I guess some people believe that pits are supposed to be boney (lean and mean sort of thinking) not knowing there's a difference between toned/athletic and emaciated. I may be going to get my pittie girl tonight after this lady gets off work at 11...and it's a half hour drive too...not looking forward to the drive, but looking forward to getting this girl out of her living hell.

Club her and take the rest. I didn't see a thing. :|
Time to nut up or shut up.
demolitionic
Devoutly Bully

Postby tri-pod » April 2nd, 2009, 9:13 pm

HOPEFULLY SOMEBODY DOES SOMETHING FOR THE DOGS , SOUNDS PATHETIC :cuss:
im RICK JAMES bitch!
tri-pod
Just Whelped

Return to Pit Bull Talk