They got the bastard!!!

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby cheekymunkee » April 27th, 2006, 10:31 am

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent ... cd680.html

Man nabbed for dog's torture death

07:40 AM CDT on Thursday, April 27, 2006
By CYNTHIA VEGA / WFAA-TV

Mercy's burns covered 60 percent of her body. Also Online

A man was arrested early Thursday in connection with the torture of a puppy who was found severely burned on Good Friday.

The dog later died.

Dallas police arrested Deshawn Brown, 21, at his mother's home in the Denton County community of Corinth shortly before 1 a.m. He faces several charges, including cruelty to an animal.

"All the personnel involved with this are quite relieved to have this gentleman in custody, based on the extreme cruelty of this crime" said Dallas police spokesman Sgt. Robert Patterson.

Brown was being held at the Lew Sterrett Justice Center in Dallas.

Mercy, a 10-month-old pit bull mix, had been doused with gasoline and set on fire. She was rescued on Good Friday, but she was unable to survive the extensive stab wounds and burns that covered 60 percent of her body.

Mercy died over the weekend. A memorial service was scheduled for Saturday at 10 a.m. at the Operation Kindness shelter, 3201 Earhart Drive in Carrollton.

This text is invisible on the page, but this text is affected by the invisible item's flow. This text is invisible on the page, but this text is affected by the invisible item's flow.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby a-bull » April 27th, 2006, 10:35 am

thank gawd . . . I couldn't believe she died . . . :(
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here

Postby Purple » April 27th, 2006, 10:35 am

Be interesting to see what his punishment will be.
Purple
I live here

Postby girlie » April 27th, 2006, 10:41 am

I know it won't happen but i would love to this SOB end up in the walls in Huntsville.
girlie
Devoutly Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » April 27th, 2006, 10:46 am

If they charge it as felony animal abuse ( and they will) he could get up to 10 years. (and he will)

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby turtle » April 27th, 2006, 11:03 am

cheekymunkee wrote:If they charge it as felony animal abuse ( and they will) he could get up to 10 years. (and he will)

Oh, I hope they do! And I hope he is sent to a prison with lots of dog lovers who will give him what he deserves.
-------------------------------------------------------

I may be slow but I get there - a turtle's motto
turtle
Loyally Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » April 27th, 2006, 11:18 am

More to the story & a picture of the fat smurf

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12513243/

Police Make Arrest In Torture Death Of Dog

KXAS-TV
9:56 a.m. CDT April 27, 2006
DALLAS - A 21-year-old is in jail Thursday morning charged in the torture death of the 10-month-old puppy, Mercy, who was stabbed, doused with gasoline and set on fire and died Sunday after several surgeries. DeShawn Brown, 21, was arrested shortly after midnight in Corinth, nearly two weeks after Mercy's tortured body was found in a wooded area April 14.

Brown is accused of stabbing the 10-month-old pit bull, dousing her with gasoline and setting her body on fire. He is accused of animal cruelty, a felony that could carry a sentence of up to 10 years.

Mercy was taken to Carrollton animal shelter Operation Kindness for emergency surgery. Despite numerous emergency surgeries, she died days later.

Her story touched on many emotions for North Texans, from outrage to inspiration, including those who handled the case.

"I think all personnel in this are quite relieved to have a man in custody due to the cruelty of this crime," Sgt. Roger Patterson said.

"It's cruel and it's evil, and it takes an evil person to do that ... and there's no reason for them to do that," Rock Creek pet owner LaChelle Duvall said.

There is a public memorial service to remember Mercy this Saturday at 10 a.m. at Operation Kindness.

It was originally a private memorial, but so many have asked about a service that they decided to make it public so everyone could attend.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby call2arms » April 27th, 2006, 12:06 pm

Good to know he won,t be able to do that for maybe 10 years.

But I think people who do that need mental therapy more than prison (but prison is well deserved, obviously!). It's some f*cked up stuff they do, and prison is no cure for that, it's keeping them away from doing it while they're in thene, but they're still sickos when they get out.
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby msvette2u » April 27th, 2006, 12:08 pm

I'm so glad they caught this monster.
May he never get within 10ft. of any animals again.
I hope they use him as a lesson to all animal abusers!
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby luvmyangels » April 27th, 2006, 1:42 pm

Aww that is so sad that she died. What a piece of $hit that piece of garbage is. Hoepfully he won't get off too easy and will have to do actual time.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby Marinepits » April 27th, 2006, 3:02 pm

The SOB deserves the worst punishment imaginable. Hopefully, he'll end up with a cellmate that thinks he has a "pretty mouth". :twisted:

And, kudos to the investigators that arrested him! Way to go, folks! :clap:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Malli » April 27th, 2006, 4:14 pm

I've said it before but I'll say it again. I just do not understand why someone would do something like this.

I think prison is a just punishment for him, often times this kind of behavior starts with animals and escalates onto people and in severity as well.

I will just never be able to understand why :( :|

Malli
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Patch O' Pits » April 27th, 2006, 5:27 pm

I'm so sad that she didn't make it.

I'm happy that he was caught, but let's see how they punish him now
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby ellie@ny » April 27th, 2006, 6:25 pm

Purple wrote:Be interesting to see what his punishment will be.

Let ME help!!!!!!!!I would do the same with him,what HE did with that poor baby...
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby Jesseca » April 27th, 2006, 6:27 pm

ellie@ny wrote:
Purple wrote:Be interesting to see what his punishment will be.

Let ME help!!!!!!!!I would do the same with him,what HE did with that poor baby...

I'll help you :evil:
Jesseca
Devoutly Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » April 27th, 2006, 8:15 pm

I can bet he will get the maximum punishment whicjh is 10 years. People are PISSED over this & have been calling for his head. As an example of how serious Texas takes animal abuse, a couple of years ago a man stole his neighbor's dog from his yard & threw it in with his pit bull who ripped it to shreds. He then tossed the dog in the alley behind the owners fence. it was all caught on tape by another neighbor who called the police. The man got 10 years in prison. People complain about how "mean" Texas is to criminals ( i.e our use of the death penalty) but we take crime very seriously in this state.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Fear_the_Sheeple » April 27th, 2006, 10:39 pm

Justice! :twisted:
Fear_the_Sheeple
Enlightened Bully

Postby Maryellen » April 28th, 2006, 4:05 pm

i just heard the guy made bail:(
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Marinepits » April 28th, 2006, 4:38 pm

With luck, some pissed-off citizen with give him a bit of street justice.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Malli » April 28th, 2006, 8:53 pm

just cuz he made bail doesn't mean he's finished, bail is only to ensure that he doesn't leave

:? I think anyway :lol3:
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Next

Return to Pit Bull Talk