I Need Help/Information On Transporting My Dogs

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby bahamutt99 » April 19th, 2006, 2:24 am

pitbullski wrote:cheekymonkee - You should live in St Louis for awhile. The place is over crowded, people are beyond rude & the little towns in the area are passing BSL. They are tearing up the country side to build houses that most people can't afford, unless both people work several jobs just to have the house!

Aw, come on now. Honestly, IMO, the people in Tulsa are way ruder than the people in St. Louis. And way more spoiled with their stupid, multi-million dollar houses. No BSL though, but I'm sure there would be if the state law got overturned.

And as for overcrowded, LMAO. We can't find a house to rent in southern Tulsa at all. There is one little house going for pretty cheap, but the roof is about 4 inches above Lonney's head, which is just creepy. I feel like I'm walking in a shrinking room. (May have to grab that one up, though, because its right next door to Lonney's job.)

Anyway, I just had to rant. I liked St. Louis a lot. I miss things like Dave & Buster's, Del Taco, nice places to drive like the river road to Graffton IL. I miss the Gateway APBT club;p even though the club down here is more organized, Loki can't do sanctioned ADBA stuff. I miss places being open past 9pm in the evening; what's up with that? I miss uni-lingual business. (No offense to any Spanish-Americans, but when I walk into McDonald's and the clerk is speaking Spanish to me, there's something wrong with that.)

Y'all are right. Can this thread go any more OT? 8)
~~~
[b]Lindsay
[i]& the [url=http://www.freewebs.com/bahamutt99/index.htm]Gravity Dogs[/url][/i][/b]
bahamutt99
Confident Young Bully

Postby pitbullski » April 19th, 2006, 3:21 am

I used to think people in Tulsa were, but since being here after a 10 year absense; they have gotten real rude while I was gone.

I almost got into a fight here, over a parking place & it wasn't even X-mas & I didn't even start it! I was starting turn into a parking space when this lady came flying up from the other end of the isle & blocked me from pulling in! I had to slam on the brakes to keep from broadsiding her! Then she claimed that she saw the spot "first" & "overshot" it! I got real mad, but let her "have" it to keep from jumping out & punch her lights out. (My husband says I have an anger management problem!) I had a bad case of laryrengitis & couldn't talk, otherwise I would have given her a real earfull! I did squeel my tires all the way to the next spot, a few cars down. I must have had some impact, because I made them REAL nervous after they heard my tires squeel. They kept looking back after they got of their car & ran into the mall. I entered the mall & saw them duck into one of the stores! I was shaking all over & wanted go in there & settle it once & for all. I had too much to do that day & going to jail wasn't on the list! I did leave a note on their car telling them how rude they were.

You should have lived in my neighborhood where the "nouveau" rich live, here in Fenton. They look down on our "hillbilly" mobile home parks - I live in one, a very nice one! The realitors are trying to "imminent domain" the parks, push people out of them & build more multi-million houses. The middle class are being pushed out out of their homes for the rich. Money talks...

I will agree that Southern Tulsa is expensive. There is an area just north of Admiral Street, that is nice & not expensive. I have several friends who live in that area & they own Pit Bulls.

When I moved to Tulsa, I missed White Castle (until I discovered the frozen ones at Reasors). Now that I'm in St Louis, I miss Dave's BBQ.

Green Country APBT club should be having a show soon. I'll miss going to that. I may try to start a club once I get to Lubbock.
pitbullski
Just Whelped

Postby bahamutt99 » April 19th, 2006, 5:01 pm

pitbullski wrote:You should have lived in my neighborhood where the "nouveau" rich live, here in Fenton.

Actually, my best friend lived in Fenton for many years until she moved over to Dupo IL. I will agree that some folks out there are just... well let's just say they've got an over-inflated sense of their own importance.

I guess Tulsa just sprung up over the last however-many years. People down here drive ridiculously expensive and impractical cars. I've never seen so many Hummers, Chrysler Crossfires, Corvettes, brands I don't even recognize. Plus with Lonney doing ironwork for a living, he gets to work in these houses that are just... well they're crazy. I was helping him on this one house that BMI is building and donating the profits to the Make-a-Wish foundation. When I walked into that place, I told Lonney that if they really wanted to help people, that house had enough rooms that they could turn it into an orphanage! There was a room in the basement that had stadium seating and a hideaway big-screen TV. And the whole house had this decorative trim that's not even made out of wood but a rubber poly-fiber stuff.

I will agree that Southern Tulsa is expensive. There is an area just north of Admiral Street, that is nice & not expensive. I have several friends who live in that area & they own Pit Bulls.

We're actually living near Pine and Harvard. The house is nice. 3 bedrooms, hardwood floors, fully fenced yard, nice little deck out back. (No shed for some reason? Our lawmower is chained to the porch.) But the problem is, Lonney works in Bixby. So you figure 30-45 minutes commute with gas currently at $2.69, its hurting us in the long run. But there seem to be absolutely no decent rentals down that way. Only duplexes and apartments (and I could imagine how one of those would feel about me moving in with my Pit Bull).

When I moved to Tulsa, I missed White Castle (until I discovered the frozen ones at Reasors). Now that I'm in St Louis, I miss Dave's BBQ.

I did just realize one thing I would miss if I moved back: Logan's Roadhouse. I don't think there's one up there yet. Yummy. But we've actually got a Steak n Shake now. LOL.

Green Country APBT club should be having a show soon. I'll miss going to that. I may try to start a club once I get to Lubbock.

Yep. May 6-7th. I'll be doing some fun classes if the ADBA gets us Loki's papers in time. Unfortunately, the ADBA still wont hear of letting altered dogs pull, the poo-heads.

There's a little club in the Lubbock area. I believe its called the West Texas Total K-9 Association. I went to the show they held last September in Shallowater, and it was small but nice. If you're interested in that sort of thing, I'm sure they'd love to have new members. Try shooting a PM to Matrix. He's on this board.
~~~
[b]Lindsay
[i]& the [url=http://www.freewebs.com/bahamutt99/index.htm]Gravity Dogs[/url][/i][/b]
bahamutt99
Confident Young Bully

Postby pitbullski » May 1st, 2006, 4:10 am

I just got back from another trip to Lubbock, TX.

We didn't get other house that we intended to buy because of too many structural problems. So we went back down there last week to find another house.

I just want to let y'all know that we have bought another house. It is also on a 1/4 acre lot with a fence. It is the same size as the house that we have right now but the floor plan is different & somehow seems so much larger inside. The living room, master bathroom & kitchen is bigger & they managed to add a dining room! I don't know how they did it, but they did. The new place is also a 2 bathroom, 3 bedroom house with a garden tub.

It's on the edge of Lubbock, in the town of New Deal. It's 8 minutes outside of Lubbock & it's population is 708. Well, make that 710 & 3 Pit Bulls! We will have to get a Post Office Box to get any mail, we don't have a mailbox on the road.

To get there,go North from Lubbock, til you see the wind mill. Get off, go West, go South, go East. The house is to the South. That's the exact directions they gave us to get there! (They don't use left or right for their directions, I have to get a compass for my car & carry my pocket compass to I know where I'm at!!!!)

The area is like a small subdivision of 1/4 acre modular home sites. There are 4 to 6 streets in this area; the highway is on one side & a big field on the other. The neighborhood is very quiet & I think I can walk my dogs around there. The town, all 3 blocks of it, is on the other side of the highway. It has a gas station/convience store. A city hall, police station (2 cars. 1 is a K-9!), fire station; are all in one building. Somehow the Post Office is down the street. I'll check the mileage to Post Office & if it's not too far, I'll walk the dogs there to pick up the mail. I just bought Buddy a backpack & I think he will enjoy carrying the mail for me.

I should be moving in the next week or 2!
pitbullski
Just Whelped

Postby Jenn » May 1st, 2006, 8:17 am

lol, I understand those kinds of directions no problem. Start speaking about street names and I get confused, but give me landmarks and I can pretty much make it. ;)

Congratulations, on the new place!
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby cheekymunkee » May 1st, 2006, 2:16 pm

Congrats!!!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Previous

Return to Pit Bull Talk