Dog Stable After serious abuse - graphic

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby cheekymunkee » April 17th, 2006, 10:52 am

(edited because even the title was disturbing to me. thanks! Michelle)

Dog Stable After Being Dragged, Stabbed, Burned

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12353730/

KXAS-TV
8:00 a.m. CDT April 17, 2006
DALLAS - A young pit bull is recovering from animal abuse, which included being dragged, stabbed and doused with chemicals. The dog was found bleeding and terrified near an apartment complex at Preston Road and Belt Line Road by two young men. The pair dropped off the shaking and terrified dog at the Operation Kindess shelter.

Authorities did not reveal the name of the apartment complex for fear of compromising their case.

Officials at the shelter named the dog Mercy and are crediting the two young men with saving the dog's life.

"It was horrifying," said Jonnie England with Operation Kindness. "One side looks like she'd been drug behind a car. The other side looks like multiple stab wounds."

Investigators are just beginning to look into the abuse but are hoping a person who they know witnessed the abuse will help them out.

This is "one of the worst cases of apparent abuse that we have seen," said England. "The vet thought that she had suffered chemical burns on her body and inside her ears," said England.

Mercy is now in stable condition, but not in the clear.

"The entire top layer of skin is just gone in so many places that the concern is infection setting into those wounds," England said.

The Dallas Police Deparment may soon become involved in investigating the case, which could take several weeks, NBC 5 reported.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Malli » April 17th, 2006, 11:57 am

How sad.
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Jenn » April 17th, 2006, 12:55 pm

:cry: People are just disgusting!!
Jenn
undecided

Postby Purple » April 17th, 2006, 12:56 pm

Sad, heartbreaking.....
Purple
I live here

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 17th, 2006, 1:37 pm

What has to be screwed up in people's brains to provoke them to harm an innocent animal? It makes me sick.
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Here's Johnny » April 17th, 2006, 2:12 pm

I hate hearing about these things. This is the reason I had to stop watching Animal Cops, I used to get so mad watching how some people treat their animal :evil:
Here's Johnny
Just Whelped

Postby a-bull » April 17th, 2006, 4:49 pm

Look at that face . . . why???
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » April 17th, 2006, 4:57 pm

The only good thing about any of this is animal abuse in Texas is a felony, these assholes could get up to 10 years.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby a-bull » April 17th, 2006, 7:12 pm

cheekymunkee wrote:The only good thing about any of this is animal abuse in Texas is a felony, these assholes could get up to 10 years.

If more places had penalties like that, maybe there'd be less abuse . . . on the other hand, it didn't deter these terds . . .
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » April 17th, 2006, 7:15 pm

I just saw the poor baby on the news. It is horrible, stab wounds & burn marks all over both sides of her body, she is limping & looks sore as hell but her tail was still wagging. What is even sadder........she would forgive & still love the people who did this to her.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby a-bull » April 17th, 2006, 8:14 pm

cheekymunkee wrote:I just saw the poor baby on the news. It is horrible, stab wounds & burn marks all over both sides of her body, she is limping & looks sore as hell but her tail was still wagging. What is even sadder........she would forgive & still love the people who did this to her.

yup, that's this breed in a nutshell . . .
DISCLAIMER:

a-bull
I live here

Postby Fear_the_Sheeple » April 17th, 2006, 11:31 pm

Poor baby! She's beautiful. I have no idea how people can be so evil. :cry:
Fear_the_Sheeple
Enlightened Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » April 17th, 2006, 11:56 pm

The vet caring for her has said she does not have chemical burns, she was set on fire in several places. Her wounds are all up & down the sides of her body.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby turtle » April 18th, 2006, 12:50 am

Oh geez... poor dog. How could anyone be so cruel?
-------------------------------------------------------

I may be slow but I get there - a turtle's motto
turtle
Loyally Bully

Postby bahamutt99 » April 18th, 2006, 2:53 am

Sick bastards. I want to cry when I accidentally make my own dogs yelp (by stepping on a foot or tail, scruffing Loki if she's not wearing a collar, etc.)

OT, but thanks to Purple, I've got to have one of those eggs now. :P
~~~
[b]Lindsay
[i]& the [url=http://www.freewebs.com/bahamutt99/index.htm]Gravity Dogs[/url][/i][/b]
bahamutt99
Confident Young Bully

Postby Asta » April 18th, 2006, 5:33 am

Oh god... :(

Asa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby a-bull » April 18th, 2006, 7:33 pm

cheekymunkee wrote:The vet caring for her has said she does not have chemical burns, she was set on fire in several places. Her wounds are all up & down the sides of her body.

my gawd . . . she looks terrified . . .
DISCLAIMER:

a-bull
I live here

Postby m_cochran » April 18th, 2006, 11:13 pm

Operationkindness.org and russmartin.com have more pictures of her, and links to donate $ for her hospital bills.

It takes a special kind of screwed up to do something like that to an innocent animal. Everytime I look at the picture, I have to go give my dogs a hug and promise that I will never let anything like this happen to them.
m_cochran
Just Whelped

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 19th, 2006, 7:37 am

Oh my God - what an awful picture. That poor thing. I would love to be the first one to find whoever did that to her.
:chopper: :bricks: :box: :chop: :cuss: :flameT: :biggun:
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby luvmyangels » April 19th, 2006, 9:27 am

Oh that is so horrible. Poor Mercy.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels