Animal Cops

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 12th, 2006, 10:47 pm

I'm an Animal Cops addict (on Animal Planet). I know a lot of time they portray pits badly, but I just can't help but watch. I'm watching right now, and the first story was an off-leash pittie that attacked and killed a yorkie. Not a good start. But the 2nd story is a 6 month old pit puppy that was found with a nylon collar embedded in his neck. He's just gorgeous, and the woman doing his temperament eval was talking about how pits have bad raps, and even though this puppy was in horrible pain he still wagged his tail at human contact. She's actually contemplating adopting him.
It just breaks my heart when I see stories like that - this pup is the same age as Inara, but look at the horrible life he's already had. What would have happened to Inara if I hadn't rescued her? It kills me to think how she could have ended up in an abusive home. *sigh* Doesn't it hurt sometimes how much you love them?
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Fear_the_Sheeple » April 12th, 2006, 11:16 pm

I like the Animal Precinct one, they always show pit bulls in a good light. :)
Fear_the_Sheeple
Enlightened Bully

Postby AchillesThePit » April 14th, 2006, 7:32 pm

I, too like the Animal Precinct more than animal cops.
AchillesThePit
Just Whelped

Postby PittieLove » April 14th, 2006, 11:00 pm

Fear_the_Sheeple wrote:I like the Animal Precinct one, they always show pit bulls in a good light. :)

not always :wink:

i want to be an Animal Cop when i get older, it seems like a job orth the time. And id give the pit bulls the respect they need :D
Bulldog Pride.
PittieLove
Confident Young Bully

Postby ccc2006 » April 15th, 2006, 7:05 am

pitbullmamaliz wrote:I'm an Animal Cops addict (on Animal Planet). I know a lot of time they portray pits badly, but I just can't help but watch. I'm watching right now, and the first story was an off-leash pittie that attacked and killed a yorkie. Not a good start. But the 2nd story is a 6 month old pit puppy that was found with a nylon collar embedded in his neck. He's just gorgeous, and the woman doing his temperament eval was talking about how pits have bad raps, and even though this puppy was in horrible pain he still wagged his tail at human contact. She's actually contemplating adopting him.
It just breaks my heart when I see stories like that - this pup is the same age as Inara, but look at the horrible life he's already had. What would have happened to Inara if I hadn't rescued her? It kills me to think how she could have ended up in an abusive home. *sigh* Doesn't it hurt sometimes how much you love them?

I saw this show too. That 6 month old pit pup was such a cutie pie. I think she did adopt him then, because it showed her taking him home. I didn't watch the whole show, but there was a clip of him behind a glass door, with her on the other side with her cat. Wonder how that panned out - anybody know?
ccc2006
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Marinepits » April 15th, 2006, 7:58 am

All next week at 10pm ET are new episodes of Animal Precinct.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Return to Pit Bull Talk