Lifelong Journey on the Road with Spirit

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby beemerchef » January 23rd, 2010, 3:39 am

More of the Mariscal Mines. TX

Today we are sitting at the Hospital in Midland awaiting surgery tomorrow morning. One more! Only gums and yet, well, this one will be deeper (for lack of better words) and mure hurtful. I hope we can get out of here by Saturday as Spirit is also the one taking a beating within his days and nights as all he can do is wait for me. Poor guy!
At least I can sit here reliving my memories of our last ride, specially the moment when for the first time we saw the Mariscal Mines dwellings. It was a bit as a mirage, but they were there, themselves having left behind their own memories of a few years past from 1900 to 1943.
Arriving too late as the buildings facing east had already been in the shadows for a while, it was only a short hike, grab a bite to eat and head back enjoying the sunset on River Road. Definitly planning to go back and spend a few nights, the space is just too inviting not to.
Managed to put together a photo~video of the ride with all the photos and, to me, great background music. I do realize them needing a fast connection as even myself except on my hard drive I watch them being cut off. You can click pause while playing and let it run to again click on play with then no interruption.
Be well... enjoy and maybe when here plan on the same ride, drive... you will never regret it.
Ara & Spirit

www.theoasisofmysoul.com Our Journey under the Stars…
www.theoasisofmysoul.com/zenphoto/ Our new Photo Gallery…
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby CinderDee » January 23rd, 2010, 1:33 pm

Best of luck with the surgery! Let us know how you are when you are able.

Safe travels!
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby amazincc » January 24th, 2010, 8:34 pm

beemerchef wrote:
Today we are sitting at the Hospital in Midland awaiting surgery tomorrow morning. One more! Only gums and yet, well, this one will be deeper (for lack of better words) and mure hurtful.

How did it go? How are you feeling???
Sending lots of healing vibes so you can continue your journey painfree... :hug3:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby beemerchef » January 25th, 2010, 12:52 am

Worse then I thought! It's only pain... Thanks for the care.

The Roads less traveled. TX

The going to Midland was definitely more exciting than the return yesterday. Never thought I would want to get off the road so often bugged down by pain and medication, as the side effects of anti swelling and anitbiotics are just as bad as anything else including the traces of some anesthesia that will probably linger for a while. All is behind now as I am thinking a bit more of those nostalgic roads we took, adorned quite often with what was once in the past a richer one, today dwindling with old cars and trucks and caved in dwellings left behind. I keep wondering if “all that” will also change some day or will the next traveler 100 years down the road will still witness the same memories.
I think these coming days we will just recupperate and try to gain some strenght back. Spirit on the other hand needs to spend some of that strenght, he has been so patient awaiting and waiting some more, supporting me with his kind temperement, if only those eyes could talk louder.
The weather, besides some very strong winds, is cooperating, a bit of warmth is always good and sunshine has also a way to recharge those batteries depleted these past days. Could have been time on my hands or just feeling the few photos on the Journal would fit the days in black and white better, that is the format they are in.
Enjoy and be well. Ara & Spirit
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » January 28th, 2010, 7:11 pm

Six Years ago, today. TX

The ride through our days can so much differ from time to time, from day to day. Quiet it has been lately, trying to get over the surgery which has hit me a bit harder than thought, quiet also has been reliving the day when Lance departed six years ago. He went on his own ride and yet he has never left me. He is daily part of my driving force on this Journey of ours, it is never only the motorcycle, the sidecar with Spirit's presence, a camera, Mother Nature, Friends and new experiences, it is “him” always by my side with a promise made I will not break. “I will go on”, that is the one. I use to be very angry just a few years ago, always felt as being targeted as the one having lost their only child, but today, on this Day, my Heart also goes for the many others that have lost their Loved ones and are also on the ride of their Lives. I spoke with a Friend near by yesterday, a very fanous photographer that has lost his own Son only a year ago, we so much understood each other as we called ourselves members of the “Tough Club”, not the “Elite Club” as I use to think. As yes, it is tough and as much support as I receive from others I try on this Day to also give back to the ones needing such support themselves.
I should have run out of words throughout these times, but I do not as the steps climbed always present an expression of feelings unknown before.
Be well...
Ara & Spirit
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby amazincc » January 28th, 2010, 7:22 pm

You are definitely in my heart and in my thoughts today, Ara. :(

There is nothing I can say that you haven't heard a thousand times already, so I will refrain from the usual platitudes one is reduced to posting when confronted with someone elses pain and sadness of such unfair magnitude. :neutral:

Be gentle with yourself. Breathe slowly and deeply. Remember. :hug3:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby beemerchef » February 2nd, 2010, 10:02 pm

amazincc wrote:You are definitely in my heart and in my thoughts today, Ara. :(

There is nothing I can say that you haven't heard a thousand times already, so I will refrain from the usual platitudes one is reduced to posting when confronted with someone elses pain and sadness of such unfair magnitude. :neutral:

Be gentle with yourself. Breathe slowly and deeply. Remember. :hug3:

The same goes for you, don't forget... We are here for you also. Thank you.

A Canvas of so many Spaces. TX

I often wonder throughout these present times if my words to myself makes any sense. Lets face it, the weather has yet to be conductive for farther destinations as “The Oasis” always provide us with the needed shelter, as even today, planning a few days toward “Chinati Hot Springs”, will be curtailed by a rainy forecast and heavy winds. So there is more thoughts that linger versus more miles taken. There are more local rides and more seeing familiar faces in the surrounding also familiar neighborhoods. As this past Saturday when stumbling on a free BBQ at the Ghost Town Park in Terlingua. Of course “free food” is always welcome, even better when it is good as this might have been the best brisket I have ever had, and the icing on the cake being the familiar faces which I already know we will not see as soon we will be moving on, the northern spaces awaits us. A bit of Music as there is always a Musician or two, or three that day for that matter, ready to entertain us and play their chords together, interesting conversations and some pondering while looking around at the many faces present. Listening to a happy traveler, also hearing another unhappy one, it was all part of the day while Spirit with his nose up into the wind could only wish some of that brisket would find it's way toward him! The years I notice are going by as I looked at the cast present. Some are a bit slower then past times, some are a bit more thoughtful then past years, it is always the present reality that makes up this Space we are in ourselves and makes it so interesting.
More black and whites... I found them being more suited for the occasion.
Be well... always, Ara & Spirit
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » February 5th, 2010, 10:41 pm

Much to be “Thankful” for. TX

“They say” it has been the coldest winter, it has been the wettest January in these past 25 years and I can attest to it. Which means next winter will be real nice? The rain came down in buckets and suddenly like magic the skies opened up, we ran outside, photos, splashin in the mud, even Spirit who does not care much for water (as he was abused with a fire hydrant) was just like a kid running and jumping. We could have paddled for sure that day... Maybe next time a surfboard for him pulled by Old Faithful. We did manage to get out the next day and run up to “Sotol Look Out” in the Park, it is my point of meditation, it is my getaway from our getaway, the ultimate breathing station.
I am starting to again feel human for the first time this morning. Maybe those chemicals from the 3 hour of anesthesia are finally dissipating. All I can say is that it feels good. Bright sunny day, will probably be in the low seventies, the winds are predicted all the way up to 20mph, probably more. I will take that over much of the past weather we have had.
I took the opportunity this time around to “thank much” everyone that has helped us through thick and thin in more ways than one including all our sponsors as I started writing about them having not realized they were quite a few landing a hand in products and otherwise that keeps us going.
Till next time... Be well.
Ara & Spirit
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » February 8th, 2010, 11:02 pm

A ride through the Ghost Town of Shafter. TX

It all started with a such different thought. Camping at the Hot Springs in Chinati, but we end up riding the paved loop through Marfa, down to Presidio and back to Terlingua on River Road, one of my favorite. A tire needing changing wanting to keep off too many miles of rocky terrains, much on my mind filled with thoughts, thoughts written into my Journal yesterday, we yet have to make it to those Hot Springs. Shafter, the Old Ghost Town was the highlight, besides a couple slices of the great “white pizza” from the “Pizza Connection” in Marfa.
Not many changes in Shafter, of course not, the changes happened years ago. Much information is on the Internet, one site even has some good old Texas Music. There is always however something new to see and experience, some new photos, old is always as new everytime if and when we return to a past space.
It is going to be one more round trip to Midland this week, the last one. Finally. Then on to another Dentist in Valentine. It is that time to get reorganized. It is as always that trigger happy time on the horizon that will see us leave for new destinations, and as usual missing “The Oasis” as soon as we leave. I yet have to figure that one out.
Not much else is new, a couple nice days and now bracing ourselves again for more cold temperatures, they are even talking about some snow. It has been the coldest and rainiest winter here in 25 years the local Ranchers are saying. Sure builds up some character and yet, we have nothing to complain about when I look at the Northern weather maps!
Be well... always.
Ara & Spirit
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » February 12th, 2010, 12:44 am

Just another back road... TX

With much preparation for the upcoming months, the too short good weather window opportunities, we play much in our own backyard. Private roads, yes, but also for us much freedom to roam around and also for Spirit to run around without the many Laws and Bylaws of the Park near by. A great day, a few clouds, sunshine intermittent, another opportunity to explore and find out how much the landscape has changed since the last big rain. I was even a witness to another Friend visiting and herself falling in love with the area, looking to purchase some land very soon, however warned about the peripherals being costly even if the land itself is not. Power, water, telephone and Internet connection, a dwelling... Some look, some look even more and most never return engulfed back by the past City Life considering also the distance needed to arrive here. I often joke that we are here at “the end of the World”. A bit true. I am glad we ourselves can call it our “true backyard”.
The usual is coming up. It starting to feel as a routine. One more round trip to Midland tomorrow, some more work on “Old Faithful” changing again her tires, one more layer of JB Weld covering the hole from a rock on the front engine cover. Some new bungees holding the great saddlebag system, and on and on for the hopefully trouble free coming months of more riding.
Enjoy our backyard...
Be well, always.
Ara & Spirit
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby amazincc » February 12th, 2010, 4:02 pm

That is some "backyard"... WOW! :shock: :wink:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby iluvk9 » February 13th, 2010, 8:25 am

This photo takes my breath away. Eerie yet peaceful.

iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby beemerchef » February 14th, 2010, 11:05 pm

And right now this 50mph+ wind is taking my own breath away... Has been quite a winter here...
But yes, the backyard is something else whn someone takes the time to feel it all... Thanks. Come and visit sometime...

Balmorhea.TX

This was the closest we where going to get near a massive body of water yesterday. A little over 100 miles from here, through Alpine and passed Ft Davis, the “San Solomon Spring” was a nice welcome in conjunction with the great weather we are having here. “Old faithful” has been all fixed up even if throughout the day decided to go blink on all tail lights, Spirit, well, as usual in great “spirits”, myself more than eager to ride, get that helmet on, turn on the music as I am getting use to this novelty on long stretches.
Many numbers go along with the huge pool of water, the one I cannot get use to is the flow of 23 to 28 millions of gallons per day when we ourselves use maybe a bit over a couple hundred gallons per month. If only some could be diverted here.
I was also surprised at the lack of anyone around besides a few divers taking classes for their certification. The area is desolate. All will change soon due to Spring Break, in the meantime I feel as this is the best days so far to enjoy it all. Not much else really going on, getting some vague plans firmed up for the summer... Does not make senses, does it?
Enjoy the Pool...
Be well...
Always.
Ara & Spirit
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby iluvk9 » February 15th, 2010, 8:12 am

You really are living your dream...
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby beemerchef » February 17th, 2010, 11:23 pm

iluvk9 wrote:You really are living your dream...

You made me think a lot about what you above wrote and my reply is really in my last entry in my Journal... Thanks. :)

“Living the Dream?”.TX

I am so aware of Spirit and I living the Dream of many, having been on the road now for over 3 years, however a bit stagnant throughout this winter season. The weather has not cooperated very much, daylight is now on the horizons as I am making preparations. Maybe go East a bit to Louisiana taking a Texas southern route. That is in between Dentist appointments. Being on the road was never foreign to me as it was for Spirit who has become a real trooper traveling with much ease and contentment. Of course we enjoy the Journey, Mother Nature's facets always present, the new Friends we have made, it is the reason of the Journey I wish would have been different as it was never a Dream for me to travel as such, as the only outlet I could contemplate after Lance's departure. “Bitter~Sweet” is always the words within my thoughts as I live both sides of the coin trying to juggle, yes, that “Dream” and the emotions which goes along, emotions from both end of the spectrum. We are moving right along...
We took a ride to Terlingua again, it is the nearest store when we run out of this or that, it It also always a pleasure to sit with new Friends and have great conversations about their own very interesting pasts.
So are my thoughts these past days...
Be well, Ara & Spirit
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby amazincc » February 17th, 2010, 11:35 pm

beemerchef wrote:Of course we enjoy the Journey, Mother Nature's facets always present, the new Friends we have made, it is the reason of the Journey I wish would have been different as it was never a Dream for me to travel as such, as the only outlet I could contemplate after Lance's departure. “Bitter~Sweet” is always the words within my thoughts as I live both sides of the coin trying to juggle, yes, that “Dream” and the emotions which goes along, emotions from both end of the spectrum.

Sometimes "dreams" are certainly born out of ones worst nightmare, and the necessity to "carry on without"... very, very bitter-sweet indeed. :neutral:

It's pretty much an endless journey... but I'm glad you're sharing your experiences, thoughts, and photos with us. Travel safe! :hug3:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby iluvk9 » February 18th, 2010, 8:17 am

Dear Ara,
I am sorry for the loss of your son, Lance. I was unaware of his passing.

I read your recent blog entry. Having one son myself (26) I can not imagine the pain, sorrow and "what-if's" I would experience.

It seems Lance's leaving this physical earth gave you a gift of some sort. The gift of always having him with you on your journey. You have passed that gift on to those of us who follow your photos and stories. For that, I thank you.

Joyce
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby beemerchef » February 20th, 2010, 7:50 pm

You are all so kind to write as I know Lance hears you... as I do loud and clear. It is, has been, quite and experience... Thank you for your thoughts, always.

Friends. TX

Life on the road is so faceted, so governed by the weather it seems like. To the point to unfortunately upsetting Northerners, mental “Paradise” type setting has returned these past days. Friends also have reappeared, distant neighbors only remote physically as the smiles when seeing each other again are always from ear to ear. It was the case a couple evenings ago when a few of us rejoined for a meal, one always so gratifying as everyone contributes toward the distinct courses. I definitely left a bit heavier with not too far to go and Spirit, well, that is another story in itself. What can I say, the Dog has no manner or maybe is it because he had never earlier in his Life met a Donkey up close and personal. Needless to say it was pure entertainment as Biscuit was the chaser and Spirit the recipient trying to stay ahead, mostly trying to not be surprised by a sudden attack! Such is Life, in the slow lane as we like to think. Good food, conversations, “good people” as I like that expression a lot. More Friends have shown these past couple days, they have now already left, I have not even looked at the photos, but again I think a couple more pounds have mysteriously reappeared somewhere around the belt.
I see snow and sleet in Tuesday's forecast, hard to believe, maybe a bad joke from the Weather Services, will find out soon.
In the meantime enjoy our past get together of Friends.
Be well, Ara & Spirit
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby amazincc » February 20th, 2010, 7:55 pm

beemerchef wrote:

What can I say, the Dog has no manner or maybe is it because he had never earlier in his Life met a Donkey up close and personal.

I think his manners are excellent... in the dog world it's totally acceptable to "goose" a donkey. :giggle:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Pit♥bull » February 20th, 2010, 8:19 pm

amazincc wrote:in the dog world it's totally acceptable to "goose" a donkey. :giggle:
:o LMAO
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

PreviousNext

Return to Pit Bull Talk