The TRUTH about Lila

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby Sue » March 19th, 2006, 1:59 pm

hoagiesmomma wrote:that would be because the two of you combined are incapable of replacing a lightbulb...

while I was...and still am...hesitant to attack doreen...

you guys are fair game, in my opinion.

your avatar, vicki is horrendous and speaks volumes to your character...

again...shame on you.

as for you sue, you are without fail the most contrary individual I have ever come across.

I sincerely hope you find some small amount of happiness in your daily life...

Really, in what way?
Sue
Bull Meister

Postby Hoyden » March 19th, 2006, 2:04 pm

clarity wrote:ALSO, i would like to give a BIG THUMBS UP to the moderator on this forum for allowing me to post -- that shows a lot of maturity, and objectiveness. THANK YOU!

clarity wrote:
THANK YOU ALL FOR LISTENING, and THANK YOU to the MODS for allowing the other side of a story here!

eric

I would like to point out that two of the moderators from this forum were banned on PB-Smiles.

Miss Cheeky - who had NOT even posted yet.

- and -

Maryellen - because she deleted her posts from pb-smiles.

While I can understand Maryellen being banned - banning Miss Cheeky was wrong & uncalled for.

A moderator of http://www.Game-Dog.com was banned as well - Miakoda.

Miakoda had only received one warning from me because I felt her responses to a certain Troll were making the situation worse - however - she had done nothing to warrent banning.

Hmmmmmm.....
Last edited by Hoyden on March 19th, 2006, 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby odnarb » March 19th, 2006, 2:05 pm

Curious, considering all the wonderful, sound in mind and body Pit Bulls that are euthanized every day in this country...

Why are people pulling marginal dogs from shelters? Why are we placing these dogs, and risking the future of the breed? And, why are we making excuses for it?

This is one of the scariest threads I've read in a long, long time :o
Aimee
Grant the Library Dog
Harry the Hellhound
http://www.odnarb.com
odnarb
Loyally Bully

Postby Romanwild » March 19th, 2006, 2:16 pm

odnarb wrote:Curious, considering all the wonderful, sound in mind and body Pit Bulls that are euthanized every day in this country...

Why are people pulling marginal dogs from shelters? Why are we placing these dogs, and risking the future of the breed? And, why are we making excuses for it?

This is one of the scariest threads I've read in a long, long time :o

Tell me about it!

So much attention i given to reponible breeding that rescuers are often overlooked.

Maybe I should adopt the COE for rescue a well to keep it equal.
Romanwild
I live here

Postby odnarb » March 19th, 2006, 2:19 pm

Romanwild wrote:Maybe I should adopt the COE for rescue a well to keep it equal.

That's not a bad plan. Anyone that can't do what is both ethical and right for the breed is no friend of the Pit Bull.
Aimee
Grant the Library Dog
Harry the Hellhound
odnarb
Loyally Bully

Postby Maryellen » March 19th, 2006, 2:21 pm

the rescue code of ethics should be adopted by all reputable pit bull rescues.. this breed is in too much issues right now, between the genetically screwed up dogs that bite humans, to the humans who make excuses for human aggressive pit bulls.. the media has a field day with a pit bull or pit mix that bites a human, and adopting out human aggressive dogs or dogs with questionable temperments is unacceptable. making excuses for dogs that show human aggression in foster homes is unacceptable also. and any rescue who relies on other people to temp test the dogs they will be adopting out and who doesnt know how to temp test the dogs themselves should not be in rescue.. there are too many 100% sound pitbulls in shelters dying every day.
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Maryellen » March 19th, 2006, 2:25 pm

the rescue code of ethics is posted here as well http://www.pitbulltalk.com/viewtopic.php?t=185
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Hoyden » March 19th, 2006, 2:25 pm

clarity wrote:maryellen, i first heard about the "green dot" in the past week -- neither brian nor doreen ever told me of it --

Doreen & Brian did not realize what it was - Doreen mentioned it to me when she talked to me - and I questioned her about it. She saw no signicant meaning to it

Having volunteered & worked in a shelter - I realized that if meant something - just did not know WHAT it meant.

That is why I asked you for the name of the shelter.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby cheekymunkee » March 19th, 2006, 2:30 pm

What in the HELL is a puppy party?? Is that like a flea market?? A garage sale for puppies??? I have NEVER heard of anything so ridicouls in my life!!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby cheekymunkee » March 19th, 2006, 2:31 pm

odnarb wrote:
Romanwild wrote:Maybe I should adopt the COE for rescue a well to keep it equal.

That's not a bad plan. Anyone that can't do what is both ethical and right for the breed is no friend of the Pit Bull.

Sing it sister!!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby odnarb » March 19th, 2006, 2:32 pm

cheekymunkee wrote:What in the HELL is a puppy party?? Is that like a flea market?? A garage sale for puppies??? I have NEVER heard of anything so ridicouls in my life!!!

I missed where it was mentioned in this thread, but friends with litters often have puppy parties.

It's just a get together with lots of people of all ages, sizes, colors, etc. You all hang out and play with puppies. Good for socialization!
Aimee
Grant the Library Dog
Harry the Hellhound
odnarb
Loyally Bully

Postby Purple » March 19th, 2006, 2:33 pm

cheekymunkee wrote:What in the HELL is a puppy party?? Is that like a flea market?? A garage sale for puppies??? I have NEVER heard of anything so ridicouls in my life!!!

I believe the puppy party is an effort to promote mass adoptions of puppies, all at one location. It is an opportunity for potential adopters to meet the adoptees en masse. Kind of a meet and greet, as I understand it.
Purple
I live here

Postby Maryellen » March 19th, 2006, 2:35 pm

i was banned from pbsmiles because i posted about human aggressive issues that the dogs should not be adopted out and should be euthed. i also posted that a pregnant dog in a shelter who wasnt evaluated should have a spay/abort because there are too many dogs dying in shelters.. i also posted i would temperment test this dog. i was told i didnt need to.. all my posts over there were to better the knowledge of everyone involved.. i also told a person who bred her dog to get her female spayed after the pups were weaned.. all i did was post good info and i was banned because the site owner felt threatened by me. i gave alot of good advise to anyone who asked.
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Purple » March 19th, 2006, 2:35 pm

I think at the puppy part mentioned in Hoyden's findings there may have been 30-40 puppies that spbr was adopting out. I am pretty sure there were multiple litters.
Purple
I live here

Postby Sue » March 19th, 2006, 2:36 pm

hoagiesmomma wrote:
Purple wrote:But, then, what is Eric's avatar? Just as tasteless, in my opinion.

injured dog v. tribute pic...

not a contest.

How can you tell???? I can hardly see the pic... How was he injured?
Sue
Bull Meister

Postby Maryellen » March 19th, 2006, 2:36 pm

does the rescue allow these puppy parties to pre approved homes? or is it anyone who is interested can come? does the rescue speak to each individual interested and spend quality time with each potential adopter and go over the breed history and so forth?? how can a rescue get to know the individual pups/adopters at a puppy party?? sounds like chaos to me.
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Purple » March 19th, 2006, 2:39 pm

Maryellen wrote:does the rescue allow these puppy parties to pre approved homes? or is it anyone who is interested can come? does the rescue speak to each individual interested and spend quality time with each potential adopter and go over the breed history and so forth?? how can a rescue get to know the individual pups/adopters at a puppy party?? sounds like chaos to me.

With that quantity of pups, I cannot understand how one person could do it, it would be a full time job to find Quality homes.
Purple
I live here

Postby mnp13 » March 19th, 2006, 2:43 pm

cheekymunkee wrote: I hate to tell this rescue guy but if singing & speaking softely to an agressive dog is the way to calm it down.

That is the most rediculous thing I have ever heard. singing to a dog might earn the trust of a shy or nervous dog, but an aggressive one? Please.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby odnarb » March 19th, 2006, 2:43 pm

Purple wrote:I think at the puppy part mentioned in Hoyden's findings there may have been 30-40 puppies that spbr was adopting out. I am pretty sure there were multiple litters.

:eek1:

:bs:

Aimee
Grant the Library Dog
Harry the Hellhound
odnarb
Loyally Bully

Postby mnp13 » March 19th, 2006, 2:47 pm

clarity wrote:The bottom line, to me, is that you don't go shooting dogs that are acting to protect their babies. Especially dogs that don't bite.

You obviously don't know what you are talking about. Dogs protecting their litters do NOT charge away from them, especially with another person in the room. they ohover over them or get between them and the 'threat'. If Lila had felt Doreen or Brian was a threat to her puppies she would NEVER have charged Brian leaving her pups exposed to an attack by Doreen.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

PreviousNext

Return to Pit Bull Talk