The TRUTH about Lila

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby ccc2006 » March 20th, 2006, 4:24 pm

Maryellen wrote:eric has only been in rescue for 4 years.. he started his own rescue right after i got rufus. eric might have adopted his dogs around 9 years ago, but his rescue didnt start until 4 years ago..

Nope, not even 4 years. SPBR was created after April 2003. Which would mean he has been in rescue for 3 years maximum. Which could explain why he would depend on shelter personnel for evaluating dogs, instead of going himself or sending someone that he trusts to do an eval. on his behalf.
When one has been in rescue long enough, we know better than to rely on shelter observations of the dogs. Too many not familiar with proper Pit Bull temperament and too many darn tree huggers.
ccc2006
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Maryellen » March 20th, 2006, 4:25 pm

i wasnt sure if it was 2002 or 2003 when he started it.. i got rufus in oct 2002, so you are probably right, he started SPBR probably in 2003... its still not good.
Maryellen
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » March 20th, 2006, 4:28 pm

I see that the puppies get snatched up rather quickly......what happens to the momma's?
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Verderben » March 20th, 2006, 4:31 pm

cheekymunkee wrote:I know I am going to probably regret asking you this but what happened to Danny? I see on his page that he is in a home & it sounds wonderful but if there are fabrications I have to wonder about him as well. He was a Canada dog who was dumped in the US by his foster. He was brindle, pit bull/ wire haired something, his was about 2 years ago I believe.

I DO remember Danny and remember it was advised NOT to send him to Eric but it was done anyways. It makes me sick he was sent to eric and all this same stuff plus more was told to the person sending Danny and they did it anyways. I have never heard of Danny since that time so it is hard saying. Lets all just hope Danny isn't dead.
Verderben
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby ccc2006 » March 20th, 2006, 4:38 pm

Maryellen wrote:i wasnt sure if it was 2002 or 2003 when he started it.. i got rufus in oct 2002, so you are probably right, he started SPBR probably in 2003... its still not good.

Yeah, it's not good however way you look at it. It was definately after April 2003, as I pulled his volunteer app. from the files to confirm it.
ccc2006
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby SpiritFngrz » March 20th, 2006, 6:00 pm

clarity wrote:-- the funny thing is, at the end of it, Lila was still shot for protecting her babies. And now that's being justified.

And you know this....how?

clarity wrote:-- After all the deflection, games and lies, Lila was shot, and she didn't even bite anyone.

You mean your games, and your lies? Oh and that's right, getting bit is "no big deal" so I should've tried it out and seen how that was.

clarity wrote:-- That is sad. I think people have very different views of animals and situations, and many peoples' true colors certainly came out here.

Especially yours

clarity wrote:-- For the ones that go in the the other direction, I hope you are never walking your dog near gun-toting Brian when he's out with Satin --

-- should there be an altercation, you are guaranteed that your dog will get shot, and that people will justify it --

-- and, since accidents happen, you may get shot, too.

eric

Wow now this is just ignorant and immature. Honestly, are you serious?? Responsible gun owners are not hootin' and tootin' around like Yosemite Sam. Give me a break! This just goes to show your complete ignorance. No responsible gun owner just discharges their weapon without a reason. I know this because I also took the NRA safety class- you can't even draw without reasonable threat. And in addition, every state has their own gun laws-with Massachusetts being some of the toughest.But again, you wouldn't know this because you are too ignorant.
It's clear given the direction this thread has taken, and your complete inability to respond.
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby Karen » March 20th, 2006, 6:32 pm

Verderben wrote:
cheekymunkee wrote:I know I am going to probably regret asking you this but what happened to Danny? I see on his page that he is in a home & it sounds wonderful but if there are fabrications I have to wonder about him as well. He was a Canada dog who was dumped in the US by his foster. He was brindle, pit bull/ wire haired something, his was about 2 years ago I believe.

I DO remember Danny and remember it was advised NOT to send him to Eric but it was done anyways. It makes me sick he was sent to eric and all this same stuff plus more was told to the person sending Danny and they did it anyways. I have never heard of Danny since that time so it is hard saying. Lets all just hope Danny isn't dead.

Poor Danny. This is a Kodak I told you so moment. I posted that Eric's place wasn't the place for him but was yelled at. After all I'm the trouble maker who hates everyone.
Karen, Cuddles, Dilly the Understudy, and Rowdy the Ruckus Raiser
Karen
Confident Young Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » March 20th, 2006, 6:36 pm

I do remember that Karen. At the time we had never heard of him, he was the last hope for this dog. We had just as many Yay's as we did Nay's. If I remember correctly the person who delivered him to Eric did so without an "official" green light. She had gotten word the dog was to be euthed & had no other options, pulled the dog & made the trip.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Karen » March 20th, 2006, 6:41 pm

cheekymunkee wrote:I do remember that Karen. At the time we had never heard of him, he was the last hope for this dog. We had just as many Yay's as we did Nay's. If I remember correctly the person who delivered him to Eric did so without an "official" green light. She had gotten word the dog was to be euthed & had no other options, pulled the dog & made the trip.

Sadly, I was thinking (maybe wrongly) that Danny might be better off at the Bridge than left with Eric. Debby I have another person to ask you about, I think the one that was involved in this. I'll PM you.
Karen
Confident Young Bully

Postby ccc2006 » March 20th, 2006, 6:42 pm

cheekymunkee wrote:I do remember that Karen. At the time we had never heard of him, he was the last hope for this dog. We had just as many Yay's as we did Nay's. If I remember correctly the person who delivered him to Eric did so without an "official" green light. She had gotten word the dog was to be euthed & had no other options, pulled the dog & made the trip.

See, now this is what bugs me. Pit Bulls are considered a throw away breed by so many. Heck, as long as SOMEONE will take the dog, that's better than being put to sleep. NOT.
ccc2006
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby rotten1 » March 20th, 2006, 6:44 pm

Hi all I am new here and sicne I have been "lurking" for a while here (not in a malicious way, but I was following thie thread as a non-member I have a few things to say:

People have asked what a "puppy party" is. USUALLY a puppy party is had in one of two ways: you are a breeder or a rescuer who haas A (as in one) litter of puppies or you are a person with a (one) puppy or two for those people who like to live on the edge.

I instruct clietns in puppy classes to have one of these esp with a shy pup.

USUALLY it entails having some friends over letting the pups explore and social with peole of all differnt shapes and sizes ( I tell people to have a cook out or a football party depending on the season). I tell somoen to bring a newspaper bag and a sombrero, etc. you get the picture. Basically USE your friends to socilae your dogs.

With respect to breeders and people who have a litter I have been to MANy a puppy parties. Same type of things happen with my friend who breed we ( a bucnh of invited guetts) play with the puppies. They smell new people seediffrent people, we play iwth teeter -totters designed for pups. ETC. Some people prefer to this this BEFORE they PAT test their litters other do it after.

So outside this forum if you hear "puppy party" don't be horrified.

I SAW pictures of this puppy party after it happened. I was a little shocked at how it was run, but the well-intentioned person who was there (for the RIGHT reasons) was still drinking the kool-aide...
rotten1
Just Whelped

Postby pLaurent » March 20th, 2006, 6:44 pm

Yeah, it was after Danny was delivered to this person that I got all the emails of warning, although I had nothing to do with it and had never heard of this rescue.

I believe the person who sent him there was unaware of any bad rep and had good intentions but she got very hostile when others told her about it..
pLaurent
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby rotten1 » March 20th, 2006, 6:45 pm

I hope you all bear with me I type too fast and I do not know how to use spell check if there is one here. :)
rotten1
Just Whelped

Postby Verderben » March 20th, 2006, 6:56 pm

Karen wrote:
Poor Danny. This is a Kodak I told you so moment. I posted that Eric's place wasn't the place for him but was yelled at. After all I'm the trouble maker who hates everyone.

I too was yelled at called a troublemaker when I warned against sending Danny there. I personally know of 4 OTHER PEOPLE who emailed and advised against danny going to Eric. Why were all these pleas to not send Danny ignored?
Verderben
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby cheekymunkee » March 20th, 2006, 6:59 pm

This is why.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby cheekymunkee » March 20th, 2006, 7:00 pm

And to make things clear, I was NOT officially inolved with this dog, just the discussions on a message board about him.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby ccc2006 » March 20th, 2006, 7:02 pm

Karen wrote:
Yeah well I'm getting tired of being the convienient scapegoat and whistle blower. I usually get the short end of the stick and the hate mails and phone calls from psycho freaks threatening my dogs and kids. At this point this is the only board I post on anymore. I don't even do the lists anymore. I have spoken up in the past and people say it's only Karen she hates everyone. Never has anything nice to say blah blah. Yeah well maybe because I don't blieve anyone anymore and check into things first and remember crap too easily. Getting jerked around by people makes my "liked" list in the breed damn short. My trust list is maybe the fingers on 1 hand. Maybe.

Dag, dress code required - should've worn high waters. Tehehe Karen. Come on now, boo hoo, cry me a river. Playing the victim really isn't your style. Maybe since you've gotten all "artsy" you've mellowed a bit? :D

Anne Marie
ccc2006
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Hoyden » March 20th, 2006, 7:12 pm

Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Karen » March 20th, 2006, 7:17 pm

Yeah but Sept. 2005 is where it ends...........
Karen
Confident Young Bully

Postby odnarb » March 20th, 2006, 7:19 pm

ccc2006 wrote:Dag, dress code required - should've worn high waters. Tehehe Karen. Come on now, boo hoo, cry me a river. Playing the victim really isn't your style. Maybe since you've gotten all "artsy" you've mellowed a bit? :D

Anne Marie

:confused:

Sorry to go OT, but Karen has been "artsy" ever since I met her online. Also, in your intro like 2 weeks ago, you said you were "new to all this forum stuff." How would you know that Karen has "mellowed a bit?"

You have to understand my skepticism as lots of anonymous & new people have been popping up out of the woodwork lately. I just found your comments very strange.

Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled expose' :D
Aimee
Grant the Library Dog
Harry the Hellhound
http://www.odnarb.com
odnarb
Loyally Bully

PreviousNext

Return to Pit Bull Talk