The TRUTH about Lila

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby Maryellen » March 20th, 2006, 3:42 pm

eric has only been in rescue for 4 years.. he started his own rescue right after i got rufus. eric might have adopted his dogs around 9 years ago, but his rescue didnt start until 4 years ago..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Verderben » March 20th, 2006, 3:43 pm

Iggy wrote:My only complaint about the puppy party was I got there 10 minutes after it began, and all the puppies were claimed. I went thinking I had dibbs on a pup, and when I got there, he was taken. This pup was Iggy -- fortunately, later that day, Eric called me to tell us we could have Igg, as the person who apparently had dibs on Igg was a no show, and another who was interested in, was interested in him only for his size.

Sue, you misinterpreted my post and obviously did not get the fact, I don't want to get involved in a pissing party. I am not defending Eric, simply pointing out that my experience was NOT as horrible as some. I was trying to point out that there are just many sides to many stories and that I was disappointed in how this one was morphing.

PEACE. :|

so what you are saying is he had a pup party with more "adopters" than pups. everyone picked pups in 10 minutes. and LATER THAT DAY the people no showed on pick up for thier pup. so basically all pups were adopted same day within 10 min. hmmmm ok
Verderben
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Verderben » March 20th, 2006, 3:44 pm

ccc2006 wrote:Okay, that's just nasty. Where the heck is the newspaper, an X-pen? Fresh water?
These are his rescue dogs?

Yes that is his dog Thor's litter
Verderben
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Maryellen » March 20th, 2006, 3:45 pm

wait, thor had a litter? i thought he was neutered???
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Sue » March 20th, 2006, 3:47 pm

No, the litter that Thor was a part of.
Sue
Bull Meister

Postby Sarah » March 20th, 2006, 3:49 pm

He had an album of thor ripped up with around 90 pics in it

Well, I do gotta comment that I myself have a whole page devoted to pix of my dogs after the incident with my neighbor's dogs, showing the damage. Some of us are just compulsive photographers of everything. I didn't take any photos until after going to the vet, though that was mostly because I was afraid my dog might die at any moment. (also might mention that while the damage to that puppy shows some serious intent, none of the injuries are very severe)

As long as I'm dumb enough to stick my toe into this trainwreck (ouch, that was a painful mixed metaphor)... a comment was made a ways back that a vet wouldn't euthanize a dog without a good reason. Not necessarily true. Some vets won't euthanize a healthy animal. Others will euthanize any animal they are paid to do it to. One of the vets I worked for would have considered that the owner's choice, and not his business to interfere.

And, getting it all off my chest... I was really deeply disturbed at the inference made by a couple people (not the general opinion, I know) that it is excusable for a bitch to be aggressive in defense of her pups. What a crock! When I had my miserable breeding experience a few months ago (my SBT bitch lost 5 out of the 6 pups she conceived, including the 2 that the vet had to help us get out of her, we missed a C-section by about 10 seconds), my bitch was obsessed with her surviving pup and had to be pried away from her to pee... but I was still allowed to handle the pup. By the time the puppy was a few weeks old and allowed to have guests, her mama was delighted to meet new friends who came to admire her baby.

When the pup was 5 1/2 weeks old, I took her to my work to show my coworkers (I work in a paper mill, so no chance of exposure to diseases, dogs don't hang out there... um, and of course I didn't take them onto the floor where hearing protection is required), and of course I brought mama dog along. All my coworkers commented on how sweet and trusting the mama was as all these strangers held her baby. (she watched them, of course) How do people think dogs are supposed to act?!

I'd grant that an abused dog might not have that level of trust, to be in a completely strange environment full of weird sounds and smells and still trust total strangers to be gentle with her baby. But I wouldn't expect the dog to attack people, particularly while in a relatively calm and safe environment! No justification for it. I wouldn't trust any pup that came from such a mother.

There, now if there's anyone I haven't pissed off, let me know, and I'll have another try.
Sarah
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Verderben » March 20th, 2006, 3:49 pm

cheekymunkee wrote:Is that first picture a MOTEL BED??? How f'ing GROSS is that???

yes I'm assuming the same motel that had the poopy bathroom since they were from the same album and were within a pics of each other in the album
Verderben
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Maryellen » March 20th, 2006, 3:50 pm

oh ok, but thor looks bigger then some of those pups.. :|

i just hope that some people will learn from this
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Violet » March 20th, 2006, 3:52 pm

I do want to weigh in on the whole fights happening thing. I know very well that accidents can happen. I have had three incidents with Maggie and other dogs. All handled promptly and with no serious injury. I have NEVER had a dog looking all torn up on my watch unless they came to me looking like that. In my experience...people who know the breed might have one major incident..and they make DAMN sure it never happens again. What I have had are tiffs. In 15 years of rescue I have had no major fights. Anyone who has issues continuously is simply not being responsible. If you have control of your dogs..you don't have constant problems. If you are NOT in control of your dogs..you should darn well not be bringing more dogs into the mix.
Violet
Loyally Bully

Postby Verderben » March 20th, 2006, 3:55 pm

Sarah wrote:

Well, I do gotta comment that I myself have a whole page devoted to pix of my dogs after the incident with my neighbor's dogs, showing the damage. Some of us are just compulsive photographers of everything. I didn't take any photos until after going to the vet, though that was mostly because I was afraid my dog might die at any moment. (also might mention that while the damage to that puppy shows some serious intent, none of the injuries are very severe)

The difference is you didnt send the album to anyone and everyone on your yahoo group going oh poor me. You kept it for yourself for personal reference. and you had ONE incident one time not 1 incident every couple weeks consistently because you keep doing the same thing ( putting dogs in crates together) over and over again. HUGE difference!
Verderben
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby cheekymunkee » March 20th, 2006, 3:59 pm

Sarah wrote:

As long as I'm dumb enough to stick my toe into this trainwreck (ouch, that was a painful mixed metaphor)... a comment was made a ways back that a vet wouldn't euthanize a dog without a good reason. Not necessarily true. Some vets won't euthanize a healthy animal. Others will euthanize any animal they are paid to do it to. One of the vets I worked for would have considered that the owner's choice, and not his business to interfere.

And, getting it all off my chest... I was really deeply disturbed at the inference made by a couple people (not the general opinion, I know) that it is excusable for a bitch to be aggressive in defense of her pups. What a crock! When I had my miserable breeding experience a few months ago (my SBT bitch lost 5 out of the 6 pups she conceived, including the 2 that the vet had to help us get out of her, we missed a C-section by about 10 seconds), my bitch was obsessed with her surviving pup and had to be pried away from her to pee... but I was still allowed to handle the pup. By the time the puppy was a few weeks old and allowed to have guests, her mama was delighted to meet new friends who came to admire her baby.

When the pup was 5 1/2 weeks old, I took her to my work to show my coworkers (I work in a paper mill, so no chance of exposure to diseases, dogs don't hang out there... um, and of course I didn't take them onto the floor where hearing protection is required), and of course I brought mama dog along. All my coworkers commented on how sweet and trusting the mama was as all these strangers held her baby. (she watched them, of course) How do people think dogs are supposed to act?!

I'd grant that an abused dog might not have that level of trust, to be in a completely strange environment full of weird sounds and smells and still trust total strangers to be gentle with her baby. But I wouldn't expect the dog to attack people, particularly while in a relatively calm and safe environment! No justification for it. I wouldn't trust any pup that came from such a mother.

There, now if there's anyone I haven't pissed off, let me know, and I'll have another try.

You didn't piss me off. :wink: The difference is Sarah, your incident happened once & not by forcing two dogs into the same crate. And your dogs got vet care, from what I gather, his did not. YOUR pictures were taken AFTER their return from the vet. i do not recall seeing pictures of them until they were seen & treated. YOU did not stand around taking pictures of your dogs wounds before taking them for treatment.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby mnp13 » March 20th, 2006, 4:01 pm

Sarah wrote:Well, I do gotta comment that I myself have a whole page devoted to pix of my dogs after the incident with my neighbor's dogs, showing the damage. Some of us are just compulsive photographers of everything. I didn't take any photos until after going to the vet, though that was mostly because I was afraid my dog might die at any moment. (also might mention that while the damage to that puppy shows some serious intent, none of the injuries are very severe)

Exactly... you didn't take any photos until after going to the vet. You didn't take pictures of a cowering puppy with fresh blood on it. And evidently that puppy had been crated with an adult female who attacked him.

However, as the other pictures have shown, the picture taking seems to seriously lack descretion. Pictures of puppies covered in filth, lieing on dirty blankets and newspapers, puppies pooping, etc. YES, I understand that puppies make messes VERY fast, but it's quite simple - don't take pictures until AFTER you clean, not before.

That bathroom picture is disgusting. I've spoken to a few different people about it, and they said a litter of puppies could make a mess like that in just a few hours. But why would you want people to see that? There is nothing at all 'cute' about a litter of puppies covered in filth.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby cheekymunkee » March 20th, 2006, 4:06 pm

ONE puppy can make a mess like that but why take pictures of it & why have them cooped up in a hotel bathroom? Keep them in your own pens in order not to ruin a hotel room. I used to work for a hotel, had our staff come across a mess like that mattress he would have been charged for it. Hotels rooms are closed 100% of the time, those smells linger, even if you think you have cleaned it top to bottom. Crap like Febreeze does not work, we had industrial strength stuff & you could still smell cigar & pipe tobacco & cat urine.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Verderben » March 20th, 2006, 4:06 pm

Now that I look at the memory link there is nother story. his story of sugar is a LIE. That is not what happened. He claims sugar wasnt preg but this pic tells me different. He also had pups after the time he pulled sugar but only Eric really knows the truth on that.

anyways he ws being investigated at that time and got a tip off that AC would be paying him a visit so he dumped all the dogs he had aside from his 3 daisy andlike one other dog. Some showed up on petfinder in shelters. He begged a woman named Monica to get Sugar into the buster foundation. She succeded and Sugar went to them . Well upon inspection from thier vet Sugar had some very serious health issues that could not be corrected and at the recommendation of thier vet euthanized her because she was in pain. That sad embellished story Eric has on his page is a LIE. FABRICATED to make himself look good. Also on his story he mentions his "expert" vet. This vet is the same vet that messed up Daisy's spay and didnt bother to sew her up on the inside correctly . She was bleeding through her incision but Eric sent her to a home anyways (the home that returned her because thier dogs were not getting along) . So upon seeing she was seeping blood the new owners took her to thier vet who opened her up and had to resew her and said that whoever did the spay did a sloppy half assed job. Oh and Eric never reembursed them for HIS mistake even after they returned the dog.
Verderben
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby cheekymunkee » March 20th, 2006, 4:11 pm

I know I am going to probably regret asking you this but what happened to Danny? I see on his page that he is in a home & it sounds wonderful but if there are fabrications I have to wonder about him as well. He was a Canada dog who was dumped in the US by his foster. He was brindle, pit bull/ wire haired something, his was about 2 years ago I believe.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Sarah » March 20th, 2006, 4:13 pm

The difference is you didnt send the album to anyone and everyone on your yahoo group going oh poor me.

Well, I did share the page with pretty much everyone, but I wasn't going "poor me" I was going "my poor dogs!" I don't expect sympathy for myself, since my own bad choices were a contributing factor.

But why would you want people to see that? There is nothing at all 'cute' about a litter of puppies covered in filth.

Good question. I'm embarassed enough just sharing pictures like this:

(yeah? yeah? What about the vacuum cleaner?!)
Sarah
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby msvette2u » March 20th, 2006, 4:15 pm

clarity wrote:okay - i am going to walk and feed --

eric

Dang, this is turning into a LONG walk... :?

:|
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Sue » March 20th, 2006, 4:15 pm

I was the dumbass (and another friend) that brought Sugar to Eric. She wasn't pregnant - that I know of.... She had been in Hartford for a week, then in another pound until they wanted to euthanize her - so she was in the system for well over a month. She didn't look pregnant when we brought her there, like she pumped out puppies, but not pregnant.
Sue
Bull Meister

Postby cheekymunkee » March 20th, 2006, 4:19 pm

msvette2u wrote:
clarity wrote:okay - i am going to walk and feed --

eric

Dang, this is turning into a LONG walk... :?

:|

Maybe he got lost? or maybe he is being cornered in a room by one of his human aggressive fosters? Remember, sing to the dog!! But how do you know what type of music the dog likes? Countrr, Rap, R&B, Norwegian death metal? :|

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby mnp13 » March 20th, 2006, 4:22 pm

Eric is welcome to come here and post his side of the story at any time. In fact, he thanked the PBT staff more than once for allowing him to come here and give his side of the story.

His silence is very suspicious.

Personally, if someone ever said I was mistreating my dog I'd be all over them like poop on puppies (well the ones in that picture anyway :wink: )
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

PreviousNext

Return to Pit Bull Talk