Titles

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby mnp13 » March 10th, 2006, 12:45 am

How do you know where titles go in relation to the dog's name? Some are listed before and some after, is it where ever you feel like putting them or is there a "rule" for it. What order do you list them in?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby pocketpit » March 10th, 2006, 1:15 am

Most often conformation titles are at the beginning of the name and performance titles are at the end. But it depends on what registry the titles are won with. For instance the UKC puts performance titles at the beginning of the name.
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby bahamutt99 » March 10th, 2006, 4:08 am

Yeah. UKC puts their titles before the name. So does ADBA. With everyone else, I'm pretty sure conf is before the name, work after.
~~~
[b]Lindsay
[i]& the [url=http://www.freewebs.com/bahamutt99/index.htm]Gravity Dogs[/url][/i][/b]
bahamutt99
Confident Young Bully

Postby Romanwild » March 10th, 2006, 8:27 am

I put confirmation before. Performance after then health certs. I believe the purple ribbon designation in the UKC goes before everything but I'm not sure.
Romanwild
I live here

Postby k » March 10th, 2006, 12:34 pm

in AKC, OTCH is the only non-conformation title that goes before a dog's registered name.
k
Just Whelped

Postby mnp13 » March 10th, 2006, 12:54 pm

Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Romanwild » March 10th, 2006, 1:06 pm

So, why didn't you put that here? :?
Romanwild
I live here

Postby mnp13 » March 10th, 2006, 1:09 pm

Romanwild wrote:So, why didn't you put that here? :?

because I didn't want to.

:neener:

actually, I thought of this as discussion and that as just a general 'definition' thread. :|
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby bahamutt99 » March 10th, 2006, 7:01 pm

Added to the sticky thread. Hope ya don't mind. :D
~~~
[b]Lindsay
[i]& the [url=http://www.freewebs.com/bahamutt99/index.htm]Gravity Dogs[/url][/i][/b]
bahamutt99
Confident Young Bully

Postby Sarah » March 12th, 2006, 12:45 am

k wrote:in AKC, OTCH is the only non-conformation title that goes before a dog's registered name.

No, in AKC all championships go before a dog's registered name. So the MACH also goes before a dog's name, as does the CT, and the various other performance championships which I don't know because my dog isn't eligible for them. ;)
Sarah
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby k » March 12th, 2006, 1:32 am

Sarah wrote:
No, in AKC all championships go before a dog's registered name. So the MACH also goes before a dog's name, as does the CT, and the various other performance championships ...

there aren't that many non-conformation CHs though. CT i'm not familiar with - what is it?
k
Just Whelped

Postby odnarb » March 12th, 2006, 1:37 am

k wrote:there aren't that many non-conformation CHs though. CT i'm not familiar with - what is it?

Champion Tracker
Aimee
Grant the Library Dog
Harry the Hellhound
http://www.odnarb.com
odnarb
Loyally Bully

Postby k » March 12th, 2006, 1:42 am

ahhhhhh... thanks!
k
Just Whelped

Postby Sarah » March 12th, 2006, 5:05 am

k wrote:there aren't that many non-conformation CHs though. CT i'm not familiar with - what is it?

As well as the OTCH (obedience champion), MACH (agility champion, this can be followed by a number representing the times the dog has fulfilled the requirements of the title), and CT, the AKC offers the following championships:

For Coonhounds:
CGF (grand field champion)
CSGF (supreme grand field champion)
CGN (grand nite champion)
CGW (grand water race champion)
CSGW (supreme grand water race champion)
CNC (nite champion)
SCGN (supreme grand nite champion)
CWC (water race champion)
WNC (winner of the final cast of the annual World Hunt & Show)
there are also some conformation championship titles specific to Coonhounds.

For sporting breeds:
AFC (amateur field champion)
GDSC (gun dog stake champion)
NAFC (national amateur field champion)
NFC (national field champion)
NGDC (national gun dog champion)
NOGDC (national open gun dog champion)
RGDSC (retrieving gun dog stake champion)

For herding breeds:
HC (herding champion)

For a number of breeds:
FC (field champion)... this can be won by gundogs, coonhounds, sight hounds, Beagles, Bassets, & Dachsunds with requirements appropriate for each breed. It's the AKC championship most likely to be seen outside of the ones available to all dogs.

The combo championships:
DC (dual champion) For dogs that have a Ch and a FC or HC. Not uncommon in sporting breeds and sight hounds.
TC (triple champion) For dogs that have the DC plus an OTCH, CT, or MACH
VCCH (versatile companion champion) For dogs that have the OTCH, MACH, & CT
Any of these titles supersedes the component championships, as they imply their presence. So, if your dog was Ch Dudley, and you finished an FC title, the dog would become DC Dudley; rather than Ch FC Dudley.

and, the NOC (national obedience champion), which title is given to the winner of the annual obedience invitational. The dog gets to keep that title for life. The AKC is now going to an agility invitational, and I expect there will be a title for the winners of that, too.

All of these titles go before the name.
Sarah
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Return to Pit Bull Talk