Poor Harry :(

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby Patch O' Pits » March 2nd, 2006, 5:57 pm

odnarb wrote:I'm enjoying him on benedryl, he's like a regular dog! Makes me want to give it every night :D

I had a similar thing happen with Samurai a couple of months back. His face blew up to a balloon and the hives spread all over.. I had him on benedryl for a few days as every time they went down and I thought it was over a few would pop back up. We guessed it was spider bites, but really have no clue. I hope it never happens again. It scared the crap out of me.

LOL Benedryl didn't really make much of s difference in him besides he wasn't quite as bouncy. The vet was cracking up sayinmg I mut not have really given him the pills.

Hope Harry is better ASAP
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby Maryellen » March 2nd, 2006, 6:00 pm

i came home one day and rufus's eye was as big as a golf ball.. couldnt figure it out. went to the vet. they gave him benadryl and it went down. a few days later, same thing again.. this time i gave him benadryl, and shook out his blankets in his crate.... nothingto be found. i washed his blankets, cleaned out the entire house.. turned out it was a spider bite as jesse got one after him, and i found a spider in her crate...
Maryellen
I live here

Postby ellie@ny » March 2nd, 2006, 6:23 pm

So,how he's doing now?
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby turtle » March 2nd, 2006, 8:58 pm

Ouch! Poor Harry! He looks miserable...

Do you think maybe a bee got in the car and stung him?

I hope he's feeling better now!
-------------------------------------------------------

I may be slow but I get there - a turtle's motto
turtle
Loyally Bully

Postby turtle » March 2nd, 2006, 9:23 pm

odnarb wrote:LOL, it's not pink, it's black leather with orange reflective material inlayed. Here is Grant in the same collar...

That's a very nice collar! Can you tell me who makes it and how wide it is?

I remember bidding on one like it on ebay a few years ago and I missed it. I often walk at night and I like to have a reflective collar. Right now I have a slip-over wide reflective band but with her collar on too, she looks like she has no neck!
-------------------------------------------------------

I may be slow but I get there - a turtle's motto
turtle
Loyally Bully

Postby Romanwild » March 2nd, 2006, 9:24 pm

That happened to Dreyfus late on a Saturday night. Scared the crap out of me!

Never did figure out what it was. :|
Romanwild
I live here

Postby odnarb » March 2nd, 2006, 11:40 pm

Harry is doing much better. He started developing hives again over the lunch hour, so my boss had me give him more benedryl. An hour later, all better!

The boss wants me to leave him on it for a few days until whatever it is gets out of his system.

gf turtle wrote:That's a very nice collar! Can you tell me who makes it and how wide it is?

I remember bidding on one like it on ebay a few years ago and I missed it. I often walk at night and I like to have a reflective collar. Right now I have a slip-over wide reflective band but with her collar on too, she looks like she has no neck!

I got the one in the pic with Grant on eBay, it's 1.5 inches. But, I've purchased more from the link I'm going to provide you. Good quality, and good prices! I purchased the 1.25 inch ones.

http://www.morrco.com/nitrefdogcol.html
Aimee
Grant the Library Dog
Harry the Hellhound
http://www.odnarb.com
odnarb
Loyally Bully

Previous

Return to Pit Bull Talk