Home Sweet Home blah

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 9th, 2006, 11:25 pm

Malli wrote:what bothered me was the "experts" who were going to make the connection between dog fighting and attacks by Pit Bulls.

Of course they wouldn't explain that human aggression and dog and other animal aggression are different.

Malli

That's what bothered me the most too. Well, the fighting was obviously horrible, but the fact that they were going to connect dog fighting to attacking humans just makes me want to pull my hair out. :grind:
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby k » March 12th, 2006, 1:41 am

JCleve86 wrote:...which, if you note any dogs coming from responsible breeders (who don't participate in dog fighting), their dogs are perfectly sound too. So that whole "preserving the breed" idea just doesn't ring true.

HAH! how much time have you spent truly looking at purebred dogs? regardless of breed or original function, those that are no longer bred for performance of some kind are universally less sound than those that still earn their keep.

personally, any value that news bulletin had was lost for me at the end. I CANNOT BELIEVE that no one except for malli has commented on the blurb at the end about the "link" between dog fights and attacks on people!!
k
Just Whelped

Postby chance's mom » March 12th, 2006, 2:28 am

this video doesnt surprise me, it disgusts me and i feel the same way me does and it makes me want to do the same thing!! however, i have seen a lot of bad things and i dont think it is totally these guys and their ego's, that mom or grandma definding that guy, i come from n ga where people are the same as her, their kids or grandkids never do wrong!!! it all stems from ignorance, lack of education whether it be formal education, or breed education, i believe most of this stuff happens in the "ghetto" and in the backwoods becuase (sickly enough) people are bored and ignorant. again this is just my observation, i would never defend it and would rather see someone hurt as bad as the dog they destroyed than defend them, this is just imho why i see it happening and it sickens me.
chance's mom
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby SisMorphine » March 12th, 2006, 9:54 am

Is the news clip that is mentioned at the end of this clip on the website anywhere? I would LOVE to see what sort of connections they made :rolleyes2:
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Sarah » March 12th, 2006, 2:32 pm

k wrote:HAH! how much time have you spent truly looking at purebred dogs? regardless of breed or original function, those that are no longer bred for performance of some kind are universally less sound than those that still earn their keep.

I can tell you that I own a dog who is decidedly not game by the dog fighter's definition, and tempermentally, he is probably the most sound dog I've ever met.

I know Elmo isn't what a dog fighter would call "game", because when they got through the fence and were being beat up by my neighbor's dogs, by the time I got out there, Elmo was trying desperately to get away, and wanted no part of the fight that was still going on. (I doubt he ever wanted any part of it in the first place, he was just caught in the middle) His injuries weren't life threatening, but they hurt, and he didn't want any more.

He also impressed the vet with how incredibly sweet and easy to work on he was while she was patching him up, despite the pain he was suffering. He's impressed any number of professional dog trainers with his steady temperament. Aced the TT, and the main evaluator for the ATTS suggested I do therapy work with him because he's so unshakeable.

So no, I am far from convinced that anyone needs to fight dogs to preserve their stellar qualities.
Sarah
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Previous

Return to Pit Bull Talk