Question...

Here is where we can discuss canine cancers and treatment options to create a support system for those dealing with the disease.

Postby BigDogBuford » March 4th, 2010, 1:40 am

Well, crap balls.

I'm going to think VERY good thoughts but I'm also going to kick a wall or something.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby Malli » March 4th, 2010, 4:20 am

Oh, Christine :( I am so very sorry. That doesn't seem like enough. I can't even believe it.

I am thinking of you both :hug3:
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby LMM » March 4th, 2010, 9:14 am

I am stunned and heartbroken Christine :(

We will also get bone marrow tested, just say the word *hugs*
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby TinaMartin » March 4th, 2010, 10:09 am

Oh Christine! My heart is breaking for you having to go through this. :cry: I dont think that Sepp could have found a better mommy though.
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby Violet » March 5th, 2010, 7:20 pm

Christine I am only just reading this.and I cannot even say how very sorry I am. Sepp is young and strong and in capable hands so I will send every prayer and positive thought I have for a miraculous outcome.
Violet
Loyally Bully

Postby maberi » March 5th, 2010, 9:18 pm

I'm truly embarrassed that I missed this post. Christine, I can't tell you how many times I've thought of you outside of this forum over the years. If I lived anywhere near you I would drive down there and give you a big hug and try to help you through all of this as much as I possibly could.

You are one of the most caring and loving people I've met on this forum and reading all of this really hits me hard. I'm so sorry...
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby cheekymunkee » March 5th, 2010, 10:47 pm

I dont even have the smurfing words to say how I feel. i'm just so sick of it all
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby cheekymunkee » March 5th, 2010, 11:06 pm

As much as I hate to, I am going to move this thread to the proper section. I am sorry Christine.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby call2arms » March 6th, 2010, 12:15 am

?! I'm sick for a few days and I come back to this ?!? what the f*ck!

My jaw dropped and my eyes are full of tears, this is so unfair... Just not fair. Sepp...
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby amazincc » March 7th, 2010, 12:07 pm

cheekymunkee wrote:As much as I hate to, I am going to move this thread to the proper section. I am sorry Christine.

Blech... I was hoping, if I ignored it long enough, it's gonna go away... :rolleyes2: :neutral:

Anyway... the plan is to start Sepp on chemo next week and, hopefully, put him into remission. Once that happens he might be a candidate for a bone marrow transplant... luckily, we are only two hours away from the only veterinary teaching hospital that performs this procedure at this time. There is a waiting list, so Sepps oncologist is gathering as much info as possible about the whole process, but the good news is - the vet in charge is owned by a Pit Bull himself, so I'm cautiously optimistic that Sepp has a good chance of being seen/treated there.

I'm sick over this whole thing... but Seppel seems to feel much better, now that the meds have finally kicked in, and he seems to be under the impression that cab rides and vet visits are just one big ole party in his honor.
I gotta laugh when I see how *enthusiastic* he greets & meets everyone... at the oncologist he was wagging his tail so hard while they were taking his blood that the needle popped out of his leg twice.
And it makes for an interesting exam to have a dog who - literally - folds himself in half every time someone touches him, and who has chronic "happy butt", or throws himself on his back to have his belly scratched. Oh, the exitment it causes him to have all those strangers poke and prod, and pay attention to him... lol
On his bottle of ace the label reads: "Give 1 or 2 tablets every 8 - 12 hours as needed for sedation. May cause drowsiness. HOPEFULLY." :giggle:

Such a goober. :heartbeat:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 7th, 2010, 12:44 pm

Christine, will they use Sepp's bone marrow, or is there some way we can have our dogs tested to see if they can donate some for him?
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby amazincc » March 7th, 2010, 12:51 pm

pitbullmamaliz wrote:Christine, will they use Sepp's bone marrow, or is there some way we can have our dogs tested to see if they can donate some for him?

The way I understand it, it all depends on his "numbers", but they prefer to use the dogs own marrow unless an exact match can be found (which would be parents and/or litter mates)... the whole thing is absolutely mind boggling in the first place, but as I learn about the procedure I will let you guys know how it works exactly... :)
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Suzi » March 7th, 2010, 1:29 pm

Blech... I was hoping, if I ignored it long enough, it's gonna go away...

Christine, I was wishing the same for you and Sep.....I am sorry to hear about your upcoming journey.

I am relieved that you have a plan of attack set into place....In short order!

If there is anything we can help with (I know we're on the other side of the country,,,but you never know)we'll do what we can.

Sending good thoughts and prayers from the PNW....
Suzi
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby hugapitbull » March 7th, 2010, 1:58 pm

amazincc wrote:I'm sick over this whole thing... but Seppel seems to feel much better, now that the meds have finally kicked in, and he seems to be under the impression that cab rides and vet visits are just one big ole party in his honor.
I gotta laugh when I see how *enthusiastic* he greets & meets everyone... at the oncologist he was wagging his tail so hard while they were taking his blood that the needle popped out of his leg twice.
And it makes for an interesting exam to have a dog who - literally - folds himself in half every time someone touches him, and who has chronic "happy butt", or throws himself on his back to have his belly scratched. Oh, the exitment it causes him to have all those strangers poke and prod, and pay attention to him... lol

Welcome to Trouble's world. She greets each of them with a wiggle butt and happy tail. She loves the attention, and only now, all these months later is reluctant to go with a tech to the back without me. Dr F told me once she is the greatest dog ever, while he was prepping her for chemo, she would reach over and lick his hand.

You, more than anyone, knows what a blessing it is for them to love the attention. I am thankful you won't have to deal with the stress of him hating the vet.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby pitsnok » March 7th, 2010, 3:13 pm

I have been thinking about you and Sepp a lot Christine.
You have a lot of support, and a lot of love coming your way.

I have always admired dogs' ability to live in the moment...and I know Sepp is no different. You have given him such a great home. He is happy, and will continue to play...and that is what matters most.
~Brittany, Degan and Harlow's mom

"It is true that Pit Bulls grab and hold on. But what they most often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart, not your arm."
pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby pocketpit » March 7th, 2010, 4:22 pm

On his bottle of ace the label reads: "Give 1 or 2 tablets every 8 - 12 hours as needed for sedation. May cause drowsiness. HOPEFULLY."

Okay, this has my cracking up, how funny!!

I'm relieved to hear that he's feeling better :D
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » March 9th, 2010, 9:57 am

Glad to hear that he's enjoying all of the attention...at least he doesn't know what's going on...I find that such a good thing at least. Love the label on his bottle...that gave me a snort of laughter though my tears.

Please let me know if I can do anything to help...the dogs, John and I can do a road trip down there if you need anything...bone marrow, blood donations, moral support...:hug3:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Pit♥bull » March 9th, 2010, 10:28 am

Christine,
I'm sure you're aware that we are all in this together :) and anything you need will be forthcoming.

Sending you plenty of :goodthoughts: and :hug3: from our house.
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby amazincc » March 9th, 2010, 10:59 am

Thanks, everyone... I appreciate all the kind words and the unending support... I truly do.

I have found myself trying to avoid posting in my own thread, strangely enough... while I was all over the place when Mick got sick... :oops: :neutral:
And it's not that I love Sepp any less - but maybe I'm having a harder time because he is SO young. Not even two yet... even though I found some links on-line where the youngest dog on record to be diagnosed w/lymphoma was a three week old puppy (who didn't live)... :sad2:

Anyway - Sepp is oblivious to the whole drama, and I'm very grateful for that. He's a little more clingy lately and I've started to call him Velcro, but that's about the only real change I've seen over the past few days. He eats, plays, and is being his goofy happy self otherwise... and, thankfully, we have none of the challenges w/"strangers" that Mick faced during his treatment.
I am worried about the prednisone he was on for his jaw for a few months, because I know that it could become a problem when he does chemo, but his Oncologist thinks he has been off it long enough where it shouldn't become an issue. Fingers crossed that she's right... *sigh*

First treatment is on Friday.
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby HappyChick » March 9th, 2010, 1:13 pm

Christine - I think I understand your hesitancy to post. We all want to be positive and optimistic when posting in this section, but it must be pretty difficult to muster optimism when you're doing this yet again. You know the steps of this journey now and it may be harder for you to lift your feet to take those steps, but know that we are all here to carry you if/whenever you need us.

Sepp will come through this with flying colors! He has to because we've had too much sadness and now we need to rejoice again. Fight the fight Sepp, you can beat this thing!

I'm glad Seppel is so happy about going to the vet. This will make the whole experience better for you all. Vinny always enjoyed our trips to the vet (which made it so much easier) until close to the end, and then he still loved the attention!
Angie & crew

http://www.epitome-dog-rescue.org

My beloved Vincenzo 07/22/05 - 11/16/09 forever in my heart. Cancer sucks.
HappyChick
Loyally Bully

PreviousNext

Return to Canine Cancer