Sinonasal Carcinoma

Here is where we can discuss canine cancers and treatment options to create a support system for those dealing with the disease.

Postby amazincc » November 25th, 2009, 1:46 pm

plebayo wrote:. He agreed she looks good and seems to be doing well even though her symptoms are back. She has a very healthy appetite and seems to be much more personable than she was before. I'm not sure if it's because I take her places more now, or simply that she's actually feeling better :|

THAT is the most important thing, isn't it??? Her quality of life seems to be excellent, considering what she's up against... you are doing an awesome job w/her. :hug3:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby HappyChick » November 25th, 2009, 3:48 pm

Good for Sofie! I'm very glad she is feeling good.

I'm still sending good thoughts and positive vibes to you and Sofie.
Angie & crew

http://www.epitome-dog-rescue.org

My beloved Vincenzo 07/22/05 - 11/16/09 forever in my heart. Cancer sucks.
HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby Brownies Mom » November 25th, 2009, 7:58 pm

plebayo wrote:In any case I hope the doxo knocks the tumor back a bit and makes her more comfortable and stops the sneezing.

All fingers, toes and paws crossed here at our house, hoping for the same!
Marianne
- A-Jay (APBT)
- Remy (English Setter mix)
Brownies Mom
Just Whelped

Postby plebayo » November 30th, 2009, 9:35 am

Well it has been nearly a week since Sofie got her chemo. The sneezing is much less, she is still congested but not as bad as it was. I am going to talk to my boss about just using the doxo, until we no longer can [which... that might mean we only have one more dose], and maybe do one more round of carboplatin although I think I'd like to stay away from it if it isn't going to help with things.

On another note, my boss and I have a weird relationship. We both have very dry and sarcastic sense of humors, but I know when to be serious. Since we had the MRI done whenever I ask him questions about alternative methods to treating cancer he always says "Well, if you did radiation it would be curative." Well I know I have mentioned it before a client of ours has a cat with Lymphoblastic Lymphoma in his head, he has a tumor in his brain, behind his eye pushing on it, and in his nose. He completed $10,000 worth of Radiation treatment followed by chemo. The tumor shrunk in size and he started to eat. However, he came in Saturday not eating, he weighs less than the 6lbs he did before. He was practically flat until we poked him with fluids, we had to tube feed him. He was leaking some nasty diarrhea, the hair on his face fell off, the eye was still bulging. He looked HORRIBLE. I will not be surprised if he hasn't made it the weekend.

This puts it in my head even more that I would not perform radiation on my dogs head. If it was a leg or something, I can see it. But there is no way after seeing this cat that I would do this to my pet's face, not to mention the after effects which so far have not been positive.

Anyway Sofie seems about the same mentally, still really happy, still able to jump into the car and onto the bed!
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby hugapitbull » November 30th, 2009, 2:17 pm

Sofie is a sweetheart. You're doing a great job caring for her. Keep fighting little girl (and you too, Suzanne).
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby TinaMartin » December 1st, 2009, 3:05 pm

Keeping you in my thoughts.
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby plebayo » December 1st, 2009, 9:37 pm

Thanks to you both :)

My boss says that we should do at least another round of carboplatin. I guess we'll try it again, he thinks we should give it another shot. Sofie has 3 more doses left of doxo, her maximum she can have being 5. We'll see.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby madremissy » December 1st, 2009, 10:03 pm

Keep fighting Sofie!!!
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby amazincc » December 1st, 2009, 10:10 pm

madremissy wrote:Keep fighting Sofie!!!

Ditto!!! :hug3:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby plebayo » December 16th, 2009, 5:47 pm

Well my lunch break at work is almost over but I wanted to update sofie's post.

Sofie is getting carboplatin chemo today. I hope, hope, hope she doesn't have a wicked reaction! She's doing really well other than she has started sneezing again. She seems to feel pretty happy she's eating and running around being a goober. She is still on a homemade diet and is doing well.

I'm dealing with a lot of stuff with my parents right now - my mom has congestive heart failure and she is not doing well. She was hospitilized because she gained 40lbs of water weight [go kaiser!] the meds are working now but she really isn't back to her old self and I'm not sure she is going to bounce back. She is 68, she had me when she was 46 which took a heavy toll on her heart, she was already diabetic at this point. I am only 22 and although I know you can never be ready for your mom to die, at 22 I feel like I still really need her around. :|
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby pitbullmamaliz » December 16th, 2009, 6:05 pm

Oh Suzanne... :hug3: Of course you still need your mom! I can't imagine ever being old enough to NOT need my parents!

I'm so glad to hear that Sophie is doing well - keep us updated on today's treatment!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Jenn » December 16th, 2009, 6:06 pm

:hug3: I'm sorry, we always need our moms I know I still do!!! Good thoughts for Sophie's chemo as well, hang in there.
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby amazincc » December 16th, 2009, 7:12 pm

Good thoughts for everyone all around... :hug3: :hug3:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby iluvk9 » December 16th, 2009, 8:20 pm

Suzanne, my heart goes out to you. You are dealing with so much. I will say a prayer for your Mom and her medical situation.

As for Sofie, she sounds like she is putting up a great fight! GO SOFIE!!!! :bananaDance:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby madremissy » December 16th, 2009, 8:31 pm

Hang in there. I will pray for you.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby pitsnok » December 16th, 2009, 9:07 pm

I'm so sorry to hear of you having to endure such difficult stuff at such a young age. I am only 23 and can't imagine going through what you are right now. You are a tough girl to be handling it so well.
:groupHug:
We are sending good vibes and thoughts from Oklahoma.
~Brittany, Degan and Harlow's mom

"It is true that Pit Bulls grab and hold on. But what they most often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart, not your arm."
pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby CinderDee » December 17th, 2009, 5:36 am

You're going through so much. My thoughts are with you, your Mom & Sofie. :hug3:
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby Suzi » December 17th, 2009, 9:31 am

I to, am sorry for what you are going through.......

I hope that Sophie is doing OK with her treatment.

I think that when our parents age,,,,it's hard......I pray your Mom bounces back soon and feels better.
Suzi
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby plebayo » December 17th, 2009, 11:19 am

Thanks for the support everyone. This just sucks. I'm sure I'll have a huge rant in off topic soon because my sister is driving me INSANE!

Anyway on topic, Sofie tried to get sick this morning at 5am. I didn't feed her breakfast, I'll try midday to give her some n/d at work. Good old carboplatin! It never fails!
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby HappyChick » December 17th, 2009, 12:01 pm

Praying for your mom, you, and Sofie.
Angie & crew

http://www.epitome-dog-rescue.org

My beloved Vincenzo 07/22/05 - 11/16/09 forever in my heart. Cancer sucks.
HappyChick
Loyally Bully

PreviousNext

Return to Canine Cancer