Sinonasal Carcinoma

Here is where we can discuss canine cancers and treatment options to create a support system for those dealing with the disease.

Postby hugapitbull » September 26th, 2010, 6:04 am

I like the last one - two little buddies napping. How sweet.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby iluvk9 » September 26th, 2010, 6:39 am

Awwwwwwww!!!

She is gorgeous! What a cute little face! Give her a kiss for me.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby plebayo » September 26th, 2010, 9:05 am

UGH!

Her stupid line will not stay connected no matter what I do. I don't know how much fluids she got, I have her capped off for the night, will probably have to pull the catheter tomorrow. This is SO frustrating. Hopefully with the canned k/d that helps bring her levels down, maybe I can give her some fluids sub-q. UGH.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby plebayo » September 26th, 2010, 9:16 am

It's pulled. The "cap" I put in it would not even stay in. Her whole foot is wet, the leg is irritated. Let's hope one liter of fluid was helpful enough, I know she at least got one bag.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby iluvk9 » September 26th, 2010, 12:43 pm

I know it is easy for me to say, but RELAX, PETUNIA! :) Tomorrow is another day and you can try the IV again. You are doing everything humanly possible for Sofie-pants.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby madremissy » September 26th, 2010, 3:10 pm

What Joyce said. Just take a breath and count to 10. You are doing the best you can.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby amazincc » September 26th, 2010, 3:51 pm

plebayo wrote:It's pulled. The "cap" I put in it would not even stay in. Her whole foot is wet, the leg is irritated. Let's hope one liter of fluid was helpful enough, I know she at least got one bag.

Breathe... breathe... breathe... :wink:

Sounds to me that Sofie is stubborn and still very feisty... I take that as a good sign. :hug3: :)
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby plebayo » September 26th, 2010, 7:33 pm

Thanks everyone - I was and am SO angry that the stupid line would not stay in. It was entirely disheartening to wake up to, and I was cranky so that did not help things oi. I did give her a slug of 300cc sub-q fluids today. Her appetite is still very good and she seems pretty happy otherwise.

It just sucks because I feel like this is "crunch time" having to deal with potentially making some hard decisions. I just wasn't quite ready for her kidneys to go out, I want to give this the best shot I can and it's so frustrating. I will not put her through another catheter placement, this was hard enough for her, and hard on both my tech friends trying to place it. [There's no way I was going to try!]

On a positive note she handled the sub-q fluids really, really well. If it's something we'll have to do then I know she can handle it. I'm not going to drag this out though either. I don't want to wait until she won't eat, I want her last days to be us going to the park and splitting fatty fast food together and her feeling decent. We'll see what news tomorrow brings. So far she's doing alright, I'm just the one having a total spazz attack.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby hugapitbull » September 26th, 2010, 8:01 pm

Big :groupHug: :groupHug: from us
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby plebayo » September 26th, 2010, 11:13 pm

hugapitbull wrote:Big :groupHug: :groupHug: from us

Thank you so much. I just really appreciate all the support... my parents aren't really animal people. My dad moreso than my mom. She just knows all the wrong things to say. I was thinking of getting an urn from here when the time comes:

http://claypony.com/urns.html

I've bought her pottery before for my sister and thought it might be a cool idea. My dad and I were talking about burial possibilities and really and truly her favorite place was a sunny spot on the deck so I was thinking more along the lines of an urn to put on the deck. What does she say? "Wow that's really expensive for you..." with the whole *bad idea* tone in her voice. $90 is like the cheapest I have found online for one that is assembly line made - this is a custom piece of art... I know it's expensive for me, but I'll figure it out, you can't put a price on something like that. It just really struck a nerve. :cry1: Like, did she really just say that?

Thank you all so, so, so much for being here for us, sometimes I feel so alone in life having to deal with pet illness and loss because my family and most of my friends [except for work friends] don't really see their pets the way I do - they see them as expendable. It's nice to have access to a community of people who really do care about their pets and don't think I have 10 heads for wanting to have a decent memorial for her.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby madremissy » September 26th, 2010, 11:24 pm

I am so sorry that you don't have the support system at home. I am so glad you can come here and you feel comfortable. I am so sorry that you are going through this. As a mom it hurts to hear you hurting and not have someone there to hug you. Here is a mom hug for me to you :hug3:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby plebayo » September 26th, 2010, 11:51 pm

madremissy wrote:I am so sorry that you don't have the support system at home. I am so glad you can come here and you feel comfortable. I am so sorry that you are going through this. As a mom it hurts to hear you hurting and not have someone there to hug you. Here is a mom hug for me to you :hug3:

Thank you, I really appreciate it so very much. It's great to be able to feel comfortable here, this board has been so helpful and supportive on so many levels. I'm a pretty strong person but there's no way I could face all of this alone.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby iluvk9 » September 27th, 2010, 6:03 am

SUZANNE! I WILL ADOPT YOU!!! Just make sure you bring your horseys and a cook book. :)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » September 27th, 2010, 7:56 am

And you'll never HAVE to face it all alone. :hug3:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby plebayo » September 27th, 2010, 11:50 am

iluvk9 wrote:SUZANNE! I WILL ADOPT YOU!!! Just make sure you bring your horseys and a cook book. :)

Haha I'll bring a cookbook - it may be of no use to either of us!

Sofie's BUN has dropped down to 36, her Creatinine is 3.5. Waiting to talk to a dr to see what the scoop is.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby plebayo » September 27th, 2010, 2:08 pm

I'm going to give sofie sub-q fluids everyday for the next 5 days to see if we can get the BUN lower. The dr said she sees the BUN as the how they're feeling and the CREA as how the kidneys are functioning. We will recheck values friday and see where we are at. Maybe we will be able to do fluids once a week to keep the levels down. Like i have been saying, i don't want to drag it out too far but I don't think she's ready to go just yet.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby plebayo » October 1st, 2010, 11:17 am

Sofie's numbers went up even after being on subq fluids everday.

Her BUN went up to 40 and her creatinine went up to 3.9 :confused:

I'm waiting for a doctor to come in to talk with him, but this may be the end of the road. :(
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby HappyChick » October 1st, 2010, 12:16 pm

Thinking of you and Sofie. :hug3:
Angie & crew

http://www.epitome-dog-rescue.org

My beloved Vincenzo 07/22/05 - 11/16/09 forever in my heart. Cancer sucks.
HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby Pit♥bull » October 1st, 2010, 12:22 pm

Sending all the PBT :goodthoughts: I can muster, for you both :)
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » October 1st, 2010, 12:23 pm

:hug3:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

PreviousNext

Return to Canine Cancer