We got very bad news about Vincenzo

Here is where we can discuss canine cancers and treatment options to create a support system for those dealing with the disease.

Postby Hundilein » November 16th, 2009, 8:36 pm

I'm so sorry. :hug3: RIP Vinny.
Sarah and Renee - aka wild child
Hundilein
Loyally Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » November 16th, 2009, 9:05 pm

:cry: RIP Vinny...:hug3:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby ArtGypsy » November 16th, 2009, 10:33 pm

I Feel Like Crying Everytime I think about this..........Oh Angie.........
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby katiek0417 » November 16th, 2009, 10:55 pm

Angie, I am so very sorry...SO sorry...

RIP Vinny...

:hug3:
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby Suzi » November 17th, 2009, 10:42 am

My heart sank when I read this...I haven't any words...... :cry:

I am soooo very sorry for your loss..(((HUGE Hugs)))...
Suzi
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby HappyChick » November 17th, 2009, 8:52 pm

Thank you so much, each and everyone of you for your kind words, your sympathy, and for supporting Vincenzo and me during his illness.

I'm doing o.k. Of course, I did not want Vinny to leave me like this, but we don't always get what we want, do we? I take comfort from knowing that I did EVERYTHING I could for Vin, and you all are a huge part of me being able to do so. You gave me great advice, and you gave Vinny and me strength when we needed it the most. I do feel some guilt about not doing everything right before Vinny developed the cancer, but as Maya and Oprah say "When you know better, you do better". This is so true for me. Don't worry, though, I don't BLAME myself because I know Vinny had a predisposition to this horrible disease, or he would not have gotten it so badly, so young, and been gone so quickly.

I have something else I need to share with you all. I am taking a chance that some of you might think I'm crazy, but frankly, if you haven't figured that out by now, I need to share a LOT more of my inner most thoughts with you. lol Today, I came home for lunch, like every day. I walked into my kitchen and noticed that my little kitchen table had water all over it. My roof/ceiling had leaked from all the rain yesterday and today (even the Sky is crying). As I'm getting towels and looking around to move things off the table, I noticed that two very wet items had already been moved off the table and to the counter. They were things I'd recently bought for Vinny, a box of homeopathic remedies and the cold/hot pack Id use'd on his leg. Joe came home for lunch too and arrived right after me. I asked him if he'd moved that stuff over and he had no idea what I was talking about. He didn't know about the leaking ceiling. I talked to my son later, the only other person with access to our house and he hadn't been home this morning either. I thought about this and realized that Vinny moved those things over to the counter. Vinny gave me a sign to comfort me. Do you get why I think this is a sign from Vin? It was only two objects of HIS that were moved with about ten more items left on the table. HIs items were wet from the rain water, and no PERSON who has access to this house touched them. The only other explanation I can think of is that Reno or Guido did it, and I'm thinking a spirit has a lot better chance of doing this than G or Wee do! Vinny let me know that he is o.k. and not too far away. It gives me the most comfort to know he is still with me, just in a different form. Love transends all boundaries. So does the spirit.

I hope everyone who is mourning the passing of our Vincenzo can feel peace as I do with this sign.

As to his passing, I think the worst part went pretty quickly, all things considered. We made sure he was as comfortable as possible. I didn't give up hope until Sunday. Everyone who saw him in those last hours agreed that he was not in pain, but he did suffer. I hoped his bad shape was going to get better and I HAD to give him a chance. He'd recovered from so much so far. The amount of really bad shape was short and we took care of his comfort the whole time.

Cancer mother smurfing sucks, but it is NOT the end.
Angie & crew

http://www.epitome-dog-rescue.org

My beloved Vincenzo 07/22/05 - 11/16/09 forever in my heart. Cancer sucks.
HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby madremissy » November 17th, 2009, 9:30 pm

I am so glad Vinny gave you some peace today. :hug3:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby plebayo » November 17th, 2009, 11:12 pm

Vinny let me know that he is o.k. and not too far away. It gives me the most comfort to know he is still with me, just in a different form. Love transends all boundaries. So does the spirit.

I don't think you're nuts at all. It seems to me like you and Vinny had a very special relationship, when you talk about that day that you guys had your talk, and he got up. That's just amazing. I'm glad he gave you a sign that he is still hanging around, Vinny is a good kid :)
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby Dukes_mom » November 18th, 2009, 1:06 pm

:sad2: RIP Vincenzo. I never met you but you seemed like an amazing dog and a fighter til the end.
~*~Rebecca~*~
Dukes_mom
Just Whelped

Postby HappyChick » November 18th, 2009, 2:03 pm

Thanks, ladies, for understanding.

I feel the need to clarify my comment about Vinny suffering. I don't want you all to think I abandoned him at the end. He did not appear to be in any pain. His eyes did not show it nor was he shaking or shivering. I think he suffered only because he couldn't get up. He was like that the time before when I had "the talk" with him and you all know how that ended up. To me, after having experienced this, there is a difference between suffering and pain. Maybe suffering isn't even the right word. Maybe I should say I think it was hard for him to lay there and not be able to get up. We had to wait until Monday to get him into the clinic so there wasn't much we could do for him except keep him comfortable. I believe it was better that he was home, in our living room with loved ones around him and no anxiety about being at the clinic. The last couple of times we had gone there, it was pretty obvious he did not want to be there and he was anxious about it. If we had been able to euth him on Sunday, I would always wonder if I'd done it too soon, if we could have given him different meds, or if he would have snapped out of it like before. Vinny left me no doubt that we could do nothing more to try to save him.

Thanks for reading the ramblings of a grieving mother. I will now try to stop rambling, get past the grieving, and start to celebrate the life of a wonderful dog.
Angie & crew

HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby Marinepits » November 18th, 2009, 2:07 pm

:) Ramble all you want. :hug3:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby CinderDee » November 18th, 2009, 6:10 pm

Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby iluvk9 » November 18th, 2009, 6:49 pm

Angie, everything you are feeling and posting just validates the emotions and thoughts of others who have gone through this, or unfortunately, will go through it.

For that, I thank you. :groupHug:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby plebayo » November 19th, 2009, 12:48 am

Thanks for reading the ramblings of a grieving mother. I will now try to stop rambling, get past the grieving, and start to celebrate the life of a wonderful dog.

I think you need to do whatever it is to help yourself heal. If you need to ramble, ramble. If you want to celebrate, celebrate, if you need to ramble and celebrate at the same time we're here for whatever you need to do.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby Jenn » November 19th, 2009, 12:08 pm

I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby HappyChick » November 19th, 2009, 12:18 pm

Thank you.

Here is a poem I thought I'd share, sent to me from someone at Dog Cancer Care. I felt some comfort reading it.

A LOAN FROM GOD

God promised at the birth of time, a special friend to give,
his time on earth is short, he said, so love him while he
lives. It may be six or seven years, or twelve or then
sixteen, but will you, till I call him back, take care of him for
me? A wagging tail and cold wet nose, and silken velvet
ears, a heart as big as all outdoors, to love you through the
years. His puppy ways will gladden you, and antics bring a
smile, as guardian or friend he will, be loyal all the while.
He'll bring his charms to grace your life, and though his stay
be brief, when he's gone the memories, are solace for your
grief. I cannot promise he will stay, since all from earth
return, but lessons only a dog can teach, I want you each
to learn. Whatever love you give to him, returns in triple
measure, follow his lead and gain a life, brim full of simple
pleasure. Enjoy each day as it comes, allow your heart to
guide, be loyal and steadfast in love, as the dog there by
your side. Now will you give him all your love, nor think the
labor vain, nor hate me when I come to call, to take him
back again? I fancy each of us would say, "Dear Lord, thy
will be done, for all the joy this day shall bring, the risk of
grief we'll run." "We'll shelter him with tenderness, we'll love
him while we may, and for the happiness we've known,
forever grateful stay." "But shall the angels call for him,
much sooner than we've planned, we'll brave the bitter grief
that comes, and try to understand."

Author Unknown
Angie & crew

HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby ArtGypsy » November 19th, 2009, 12:23 pm

Beautiful............Simply Beautiful.........

Our thoughts continue to be with you, Angie...... :itsOK:
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby Patch O' Pits » November 20th, 2009, 8:30 am

It is so hard for me to read these threads especially because I know this feeling oh too well... :sad2:

Our dogs are truly a blessing and though they leave us way too soon. They bring us so much joy and unconditional love that is makes letting them go so tough. I think they are sent to teach us so many things and remind ups how precious life is...

Hugs tears and prayers for you and your family.
My condolences.

Run hard and play free at the rainbow Bridge sweet baby!
You are in our hearts and thoughts here and will be remembered...
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby cheekymunkee » November 20th, 2009, 9:02 pm

You can ramble to us as much as you want to. We all love to hear Vinny stories and miss him
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Previous

Return to Canine Cancer