Indiana Jones

Here is where we can discuss canine cancers and treatment options to create a support system for those dealing with the disease.

Postby maberi » March 2nd, 2009, 12:56 pm

Great news!!
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby Marinepits » March 3rd, 2009, 4:29 pm

Indy had most of the stitches around his Big Ouchie removed today. It's more of a Medium Ouchie now. We had more bleeding from the removed stitches ( :shock: ) and the wound site looks fantastic! :rock:

He also got a wonderful present from Auntie Sherry the Bestest Tech -- homemade dog cookies! He kept trying to stick his head in my purse all the way home. :D
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Pit♥bull » March 3rd, 2009, 4:38 pm

GO Indy GO :dance:

That's great news :)
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby CinderDee » March 3rd, 2009, 4:42 pm

Great news!!! What kind of cookies? (Kato wants to know)
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby Marinepits » March 3rd, 2009, 4:46 pm

Ha, I don't know -- I forgot to ask! :oops: :D They look and smell sorta peanut-buttery and oatmeally. And they're chewy. Indy LOVES chewy.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 3rd, 2009, 5:21 pm

Yay! Sounds like he's doing really well. :)
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby dagorocks » March 5th, 2009, 1:50 pm

Good news and the cookies are a good start to make Indy feel better.
dagorocks
Just Whelped

Postby Marinepits » March 5th, 2009, 8:57 pm

Cookies make everything better! :giggle:

The vets' office is selling Girl Scout cookies. :shock:

Well, today Indy graduated to every-other-day bandage changes! :woowoo: No more ooze, and all the flesh looks REALLY good! He still has a few stitches in, but those should be coming out in the next week. As long as everything continues to progress well, he'll go to every-three-days bandage changes then every-four, then we'll see how the skin has healed over, THEN maybe we can start radiation therapy.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby hugapitbull » March 5th, 2009, 11:26 pm

Everything sounds encouraging. Are you going to do the bandage changes at some point?
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby Hundilein » March 6th, 2009, 12:28 am

Yay for cookies! Oh, and the bandage change every other day thing is good too :mrgreen:

Sounds like some good news. Go Indy!
Sarah and Renee - aka wild child
Hundilein
Loyally Bully

Postby Marinepits » March 6th, 2009, 9:18 am

hugapitbull wrote:Are you going to do the bandage changes at some point?

I don't know -- maybe. I don't want to deprive Indy of seeing his Other Mommy (Dr Blabs), Sherry, and Hannah. He goes ga-ga for the girls! :D
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby maberi » March 6th, 2009, 9:44 am

So glad to see these great updates!!! Sounds like your boy is gradually improving with everyday
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby blabsforbullies » March 6th, 2009, 12:28 pm

Marinepits wrote:
hugapitbull wrote:Are you going to do the bandage changes at some point?

I don't know -- maybe. I don't want to deprive Indy of seeing his Other Mommy (Dr Blabs), Sherry, and Hannah. He goes ga-ga for the girls! :D

I am hoping that eventually, when it doesn't require so much monitoring, Jen can do some of the changes at home. :wink: I will be so sad to not get kisses from my boy as often :sad2: , but I know that he will be ok in the hands of the VERY best Mommy possible! 8) I will have to break it to his Aunties at work VERY GENTLY, though. :shock: Everyone is pretty darn attached! :heartbeat: :heartbeat:
We have a Mastiff... does that count??? :)
http://www.teamblabador.com

Akisa & Team Blabador
blabsforbullies
Giver of the Wubba

Postby hugapitbull » March 6th, 2009, 12:59 pm

blabsforbullies wrote: I will have to break it to his Aunties at work VERY GENTLY, though. :shock: Everyone is pretty darn attached! :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

I know exactly what you mean. When I took Trouble in yesterday for boarding, a vet tech I had never seen came out to do her intake. Trouble knew who she was, there was a butt wagging, kissie session before the tech ever addressed me. It makes me happy to know she is being cared for so well :dance:

I'm thinking they are really gonna miss Trouble when she doesn't have to go in as often :shock:
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby airwalk » March 6th, 2009, 1:15 pm

But what a wonderful thing to know that when they are in their vet's care, they are so well loved and cared for.
airwalk
I live here

Postby blabsforbullies » March 6th, 2009, 1:41 pm

hugapitbull wrote:
blabsforbullies wrote: I will have to break it to his Aunties at work VERY GENTLY, though. :shock: Everyone is pretty darn attached! :heartbeat: :heartbeat:

I know exactly what you mean. When I took Trouble in yesterday for boarding, a vet tech I had never seen came out to do her intake. Trouble knew who she was, there was a butt wagging, kissie session before the tech ever addressed me. It makes me happy to know she is being cared for so well :dance:

I'm thinking they are really gonna miss Trouble when she doesn't have to go in as often :shock:

Sounds like Trouble is in EXCELLENT hands! 8)
:heartbeat: VERY AWESOME!!!! :heartbeat:
We have a Mastiff... does that count??? :)
http://www.teamblabador.com

Akisa & Team Blabador
blabsforbullies
Giver of the Wubba

Postby Marinepits » March 9th, 2009, 5:50 pm

Well, today's visit was certainly EXCITING. :noWay:

First, the good news: Indy's boo-boo has shrunken considerably! The granulation tissue is no longer growing so aggressively and the new skin is starting to catch up. With luck and hopefully sometime this week, Dr Blabs will get to stop using the hard splint and just use bandaging! :rock:

Now, the annoying stuff: The huge waiting room was empty when I arrived today, so I brought Indy inside and went over to the far corner and sat down -- he was on the bench with his head in my lap and I was sitting between him and the rest of the room. Everything was fine for about 10 minutes, until a lady with an old dog walked in. She walked her dog (on a flexi of course!) DIRECTLY towards me and Indy. When she got within 15 feet and I realized she wasn't going to stop, I said to her "I'm sorry, but Indy doesn't play well with others." She took another couple of steps and Indy lit up at her and the dog. The woman got pissed and pulled her dog back, giving me major attitude. I got Indy under control -- he never left the bench and never got by me at all. I made him sit right back where he was originally and I sat next to him. All this took about 30 seconds before he was calm and back by my side and pretty much ignoring her dog.

The entire 30 seconds, the woman was huffing and pissing and stood there glaring at me and keeping her dog behind her like Indy was Cujo. I ignored her and she finally sat down with her dog about 2 minutes later. Then she starts talking loudly to her dog: "Oh, baby, don't be scared -- I won't let that dog hurt you. Stop shaking -- you're okay. He can't get you now." For about ten minutes, she keeps this up ad nauseum and I ignore her and just play with Indy to keep him occupied. Now, the entire time, Indy has the WORST gas (from the antibiotics) and he keeps farting. I keep laughing, of course.

One of the vet techs came out to get the woman's dog and the woman says REALLY loudly "DON'T LET MY DOG NEAR THAT DOG!" I snort, then look at the receptionist and she rolls her eyes at me. Well, I bust a gut laughing because the situation is just SO ludicrous.

Another family comes in to pick up their dogs from the kennel. I was SICK of the woman's behaviour at this point, so I took Indy into an empty exam room and let him wander around on leash. The woman decides to call someone on her cell and proceeds to loudly tell her version of Indy the Killer Dog story and starts describing me and Indy to whoever she's talking to. WTF? The entire time she's on the phone, she's glaring at me from across the waiting room. I continue to ignore her and play with Indy. Then she hangs up and starts complaining to the receptionists and saying she wants an apology from me. I've had it at this point and say VERY loudly "If you have something to say, you can say it to me instead of bitching to everybody else." She looks at me and says "I have nothing to say to you." Then she sat down and shut up.

I haven't been THAT angry in a very long time. I was fully prepared to tell the receptionist to call 911 because I was a heartbeat away of going Cheeky on her ass.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby cheekymunkee » March 9th, 2009, 5:56 pm

Go CHEEKY on that bitch baby! DO EEEETTTT!!!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby madremissy » March 9th, 2009, 6:07 pm

The older I get the more I realize that some people just need a wake up call. Yes it is better to walk away but I think this lady needed some schooling. :biggun: I hate when some people think they are so much better than others.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby CinderDee » March 9th, 2009, 6:09 pm

What an idiot/drama queen! :mad2:

On a happier note...Yay for new skin!!! :confetti:
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

PreviousNext

Return to Canine Cancer