Indiana Jones

Here is where we can discuss canine cancers and treatment options to create a support system for those dealing with the disease.

Postby AllAmericanPUP » March 23rd, 2009, 4:15 pm

awesome!!!
AllAmericanPUP
Eli's Mom

Postby Pit♥bull » March 23rd, 2009, 4:17 pm

Marinepits wrote:he tripped and crashed face-first into the stairs when he tried to use the boo-boo foot for support. :lol3:
It's hard not to laugh... Miss T gets the silliest look on her face after a 'crash', like ....'where did my foot go'? :|

Indy's so active he'll be back 100% before ya know it. :)
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby Marinepits » March 23rd, 2009, 4:19 pm

Steve and I had to turn around and walk away, we were laughing SO hard. Poor Indy was so confused. LMAO
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby iluvk9 » March 23rd, 2009, 4:49 pm

Indy has really gotten through all of this with flying colors!
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby call2arms » March 23rd, 2009, 5:03 pm

Indy needs his helmet if he's going to trip and fall like that... lol
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby Jenn » March 23rd, 2009, 5:05 pm

:giggle: Poor Indy
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby hugapitbull » March 23rd, 2009, 7:22 pm

I'm so happy he's making such great progress. But, you're gonna have to send him to me if you and Steve are going to keep laughing at him. He's going to have a complex.

My heart still skips a beat each time Trouble stumbles, but sometimes it really is funny, you know at that instant when they realize they aren't hurt and probably looked really silly :crazy2:
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby Marinepits » March 23rd, 2009, 9:27 pm

hugapitbull wrote:My heart still skips a beat each time Trouble stumbles, but sometimes it really is funny, you know at that instant when they realize they aren't hurt and probably looked really silly :crazy2:

After the first spilt second of :shock: OH crap!!! IS HE OKAY?!?!? :shock: it was one of those things -- we KNEW he was fine, he KNEW he looked stupid doing that, and we just busted a gut while he escaped up the stairs. LMAO
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Marinepits » March 23rd, 2009, 9:28 pm

And a great big thank you to Dr Blabs -- she called me at home tonight to check up on Indy and to make sure he was using his footie. How amazing is she? :D
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby airwalk » March 24th, 2009, 11:11 am

No laughing Mom....not fair.
airwalk
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » March 25th, 2009, 12:43 am

YAY for using his foot! Any idea yet when he can begin his radiation? Does the skin have to be completely healed?
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Marinepits » March 25th, 2009, 8:10 am

Our first appointment with his oncologist is next Tuesday and we'll have an idea about radiation then. His skin does need to be completely healed, so it will probably be another month or so until he can start.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Marinepits » March 26th, 2009, 5:11 pm

Indy got his bandage changed again today and his owie looks really good -- it's even smaller and the spot that the vets were worried about seems to be closing by itself. Fingers crossed that no surgery will be needed!

His bandage is much smaller now, too. It goes from the top of his paw to about 2 inches below his elbow!

His dew claw is a bit of a problem. The swollen spot under his claw has expanded because it's no longer compressed by the bandaging. When he puts full weight on that paw, his dew claw cuts into the swollen spot. So, I filed his claw down as much as possible, and put a small bandage over the swollen spot to stop the claw from cutting in. *sigh* With luck this will resolve on its own.

Indy also had his preliminary chest xrays done today and they're all clear! He had a panic attack on the xray table, so Dr Blabs had me come into the xray room to help calm him down. Indy HATES being on his back and was doing his famous "dying flopping fish" impression. Some big vicious pit bull, huh? :rolleyes2: :lol3:
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 26th, 2009, 5:20 pm

Fantastic for clear x-rays and smaller bandages!!! :rock:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby CinderDee » March 26th, 2009, 5:28 pm

pitbullmamaliz wrote:Fantastic for clear x-rays and smaller bandages!!! :rock:

X2! :D
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby madremissy » March 26th, 2009, 10:18 pm

pitbullmamaliz wrote:Fantastic for clear x-rays and smaller bandages!!! :rock:

x3 :woowoo:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Malli » March 27th, 2009, 3:11 am

:clap: :)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Pit♥bull » March 27th, 2009, 4:51 pm

I love clear xrays :dance:
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby Patch O' Pits » April 4th, 2009, 10:21 am

I'm so glad all is well!!! SUPER NEWS! I'm always afraid to look at these threads! I'm glad I took a peek! YAY!!!!!!!
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby call2arms » April 4th, 2009, 12:33 pm

Yay Indy! Keep on truckin buddy!
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

PreviousNext

Return to Canine Cancer