Trouble's Diagnosis

Here is where we can discuss canine cancers and treatment options to create a support system for those dealing with the disease.

Postby CinderDee » July 6th, 2009, 11:18 pm

Congrats on a great update!!! WTG Trouble! :confetti:
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby Jenn » July 6th, 2009, 11:35 pm

:hug3: That made me smile, yay for good news. And get better soon blood counts and hot spot >(
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby cheekymunkee » July 7th, 2009, 12:33 am

YAY for awesome news!!

The best thing I have found for hotspots is Nu Stock. Holee hell it stinks but it dries them up in NO time & gets the hair to grow back.

http://www.nustock.com/
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby hugapitbull » July 7th, 2009, 5:26 am

cheekymunkee wrote:YAY for awesome news!!

The best thing I have found for hotspots is Nu Stock. Holee hell it stinks but it dries them up in NO time & gets the hair to grow back.

http://www.nustock.com/

Thank you, I must try it. She has a HUGE shaved spot on her right side.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby cheekymunkee » July 8th, 2009, 7:12 am

Munkees allergies were off the charts this year & he had a HUGE hot spot right above his tail. I put Nu Stock on it ( you can mix it with baby oil but I found it easier just to use it straight, plus he wouldnt touch it straight from the tube) and the next day it looked better so I put more. I put more on it about 3 days later & it is healed. Put a lot of it on because you will want it to dry on ( it flakes off) & stick
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby blabsforbullies » July 17th, 2009, 2:19 pm

:wink: I am so glad all is well. :wink: I had a Mastiff I saw the other day as a recheck that is now an amputee and they decided to go forward with the surgery because I told them of such success stories like you & Trouble. :confetti: They are so very glad they did it. :greenRibbon:
We have a Mastiff... does that count??? :)
http://www.teamblabador.com

Akisa & Team Blabador
blabsforbullies
Giver of the Wubba

Postby hugapitbull » July 17th, 2009, 3:30 pm

Just got back from Trouble's vet visit. Her report today was great. Her white count is back over 8000 and Dr F is pleased. Red count is normal.

I (we) have been quite concerned that she just wasn't doing well. She stumbles, falls, and just generally acts like she doesn't feel real well. Dr F insists that we stop worrying. He says her heart & lungs are strong, she is eating well, no vomiting, she is responsive to people, still wants attention - she's good.

He did start her on Rimedyl thinking it may help her aches and pains from the added strain on her joints from the amputation and just the effects of aging. I'm going to take his advice and stop being so concerned we are going to lose her. Back to enjoying each day. :dance:

And now to prove she is too smart ...
I had both dogs out a couple of evenings ago. Duke and I were working on sit & down. Of course he was being treated for being obedient. Trouble was watching from a few yards away. About the third time we were into the routine, she ran over to us, laid down beside Duke, and looked at me for her treat. The dog is too damned smart for her own good. :shock:
Shanna & Spirit Trouble

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby hugapitbull » July 17th, 2009, 3:33 pm

blabsforbullies wrote::wink: I am so glad all is well. :wink: I had a Mastiff I saw the other day as a recheck that is now an amputee and they decided to go forward with the surgery because I told them of such success stories like you & Trouble. :confetti: They are so very glad they did it. :greenRibbon:

Don't forget to send the mastiff owners to tripawds.com - an excellent forum for questions, answers, and support for the 'tripawds' in our lives.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble

hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby amazincc » July 17th, 2009, 3:35 pm

THAT'S MY GIRL!!! :dance: :confetti: :clap: :bounce: :woowoo: :loveU:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby madremissy » July 17th, 2009, 8:25 pm

WAY TO GO TROUBLE!!!!!!!!
:woowoo: :woowoo: :woowoo: :woowoo: :woowoo:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Hundilein » July 17th, 2009, 8:30 pm

Go Trouble!
Sarah and Renee - aka wild child
Hundilein
Loyally Bully

Postby Jenn » July 17th, 2009, 11:15 pm

:clap:
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby CinderDee » July 18th, 2009, 3:15 am

WTG Trouble!!!!!!!! :confetti: :bounce: :loveU: :confetti:
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby CinderDee » July 25th, 2009, 1:58 pm

How is Trouble feeling? Is the Rimadyl helping at all?
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby hugapitbull » July 25th, 2009, 2:25 pm

Thank you, Dee for checking on her. The rimadyl is doing a great job. She really is feeling better and getting around so much better. It has taken a huge burden off me. I think Bob and I were both afraid her borrowed time was becoming limited. Feeling better makes her a lot more tolerant of Duke :rolleyes2: I'm going to start cutting the dose of rimadyl today, so will keep close watch on her for a few days. You hate to think they will be on meds the rest of their lives, but then again humans usually are by the time they are the same age. :|

The allergies are under control for the time being. She still has a little itchy in the hot spot area, but the cream Christine sent is doing pretty well for that. I cannot believe I gave her peanut butter all that time and it apparently was contributing to the problem. :nono:
Shanna & Spirit Trouble

hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby CinderDee » July 25th, 2009, 3:23 pm

I'm SO glad to hear that she's feeling better!!! :bounce: I felt the same way about the meds, but if it makes them feel better then so be it.

Which cream did Christine send Trouble?
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby hugapitbull » July 25th, 2009, 5:48 pm

CinderDee wrote:I'm SO glad to hear that she's feeling better!!! :bounce: I felt the same way about the meds, but if it makes them feel better then so be it.

Which cream did Christine send Trouble?

Sent you a PM on the cream.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble

hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby hugapitbull » September 25th, 2009, 6:08 pm

Trouble had her six month post chemo checkup today. Can you believe she is 10 months post diagnosis today and 10 months post amputation tomorrow? What a wild ride it has been! :shock:

She checked out well except for a minor glitch. We will need to monitor for a while until we know for sure what is going on. Her liver enzymes are a little high, but Dr F thinks the rimadyl is likely the culprit. One of the side effects of the anti-inflammatory drugs is liver damage. We are taking her off the rimadyl for three weeks (substituting tramadol for that period) and then doing another blood test to see if the enzyme numbers are reduced.

Not time to worry yet, just need to determine where the elevated numbers are coming from.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble

hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby HappyChick » September 25th, 2009, 7:14 pm

10 months, YAY! That's a great amount of time to be cancer free!!!

After all that Trouble has come through, I'm sure this liver thing will be just fine. We are told that there are some risks of organ damage from various treatments, but that's why our babies get plenty of checkups to catch things early while they are still treatable.

Vinny and I are sending good thoughts you and Trouble's way :)

:goodthoughts: :goodthoughts: :goodthoughts:
Angie & crew

http://www.epitome-dog-rescue.org

My beloved Vincenzo 07/22/05 - 11/16/09 forever in my heart. Cancer sucks.
HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby Marinepits » September 25th, 2009, 8:02 pm

hugapitbull wrote:Trouble had her six month post chemo checkup today. Can you believe she is 10 months post diagnosis today and 10 months post amputation tomorrow? What a wild ride it has been! :shock:

I can't believe it's been THAT long. :shock: :woowoo:

She checked out well except for a minor glitch. We will need to monitor for a while until we know for sure what is going on. Her liver enzymes are a little high, but Dr F thinks the rimadyl is likely the culprit. One of the side effects of the anti-inflammatory drugs is liver damage. We are taking her off the rimadyl for three weeks (substituting tramadol for that period) and then doing another blood test to see if the enzyme numbers are reduced.

Best of luck with the tramadol. It did nothing for Katy's arthritis (wasn't strong enough at max dosage), but did wonders for Indy after his cancer surgery.

Not time to worry yet, just need to determine where the elevated numbers are coming from.

Keeping good thoughts for all of you, as always. :hug3:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

PreviousNext

Return to Canine Cancer