Georgie - the cat

Here is where we can discuss canine cancers and treatment options to create a support system for those dealing with the disease.

Postby SisMorphine » July 31st, 2008, 4:45 pm

Tiger wrote:Lat night, he slept on my pillow and made bread in my hair.

That image makes me smile. Don't you just love being able to snuggle all night with our special ones?
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Tiger » July 31st, 2008, 9:03 pm

SisMorphine wrote:
Tiger wrote:Lat night, he slept on my pillow and made bread in my hair.

That image makes me smile. Don't you just love being able to snuggle all night with our special ones?

Yes, I do. He is a good snuggler. Not that I have much of a choice right now. He is so emotionally needy now that if I do not sleep with him, he will scream and scream at the door all night long. Since I want some sleep - at least some sleep - I choose to sleep with Georgie in the spare bedroom :-)

~Tiger
Doja; TT, CGC, CD, CDX, UD
Gracie; TT, CGC, CD, CDX, UD, UDX
Otis; CD, CDX
Domino; CD, CDX
Come visit http://NTBBC.com - "Changing One Mind At A Time"
You are given but one life to live, use it wisely....
Tiger
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby BullyLady » July 31st, 2008, 9:09 pm

Tiger wrote:Yes, I do. He is a good snuggler. Not that I have much of a choice right now. He is so emotionally needy now that if I do not sleep with him, he will scream and scream at the door all night long. Since I want some sleep - at least some sleep - I choose to sleep with Georgie in the spare bedroom :-)

~Tiger

When Sophie was at the end of her life and very ill I slept in the guest room so my hubby could share the bed and cuddle with Sophie and she would have room to be comfy. The things we do for the ones we love.... and we'd do it all again!
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby BigDogBuford » August 1st, 2008, 8:51 pm

I'm so sorry to hear this. :( I too lost my *heart* kitty to a tumor. We had him on pred as comfort care and that worked really well.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby Tiger » August 1st, 2008, 11:40 pm

BigDogBuford wrote:I'm so sorry to hear this. :( I too lost my *heart* kitty to a tumor. We had him on pred as comfort care and that worked really well.

I asked about prednisone for Georgie as my mother's cat (who is 1/2 sister to my cat Stormy Blue - cat on top of the couch n the picture) has uterine cancer (but still alive and kicking 13 months post diagnoses) and her vet RXed pred for her, but both the surgeon and the regular vet said that it would not be helpful in Georgie's case because of the type of cancer that he has.

Instead he is taking 4mg Cyprohrptadine BID, 1 mil Gabapentin each evening, 100 mg Cefpodoxime Proxetil 1 tab daily, and Metronidazole 125mg daily. 2 are antibiotics to control secondary infections, 1 is for pain, and the other is to make him want to eat. I have learned to shoot the pills down his throat with a syringe as he is NOT good about being pilled. Not good at ALL. And if you mix any of it into his food, he will not eat the food. He gives me this look that screams "traitor!!!!"

~Tiger
Otis; CD, CDX
Domino; CD, CDX
Tiger
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Tiger » August 3rd, 2008, 12:50 am

YAY!
Georgie feels perky enough tonight that he just beat the stuffin' out of Zeus aka 'Satan Siamese' for Zeus attacking Stormy Blue. Does it make me a bad cat momma that I LET him do that? Zeus really had it coming... He has been a complete a$$ to all of the cats since Georgie started his decline.

~Tiger
Otis; CD, CDX
Domino; CD, CDX
Tiger
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Jenn » August 3rd, 2008, 8:46 am

No he deserved it!!

Yay for perky whoopings! :)
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby pitbullmamaliz » August 3rd, 2008, 8:46 am

Is it wrong of me to giggle? Go Georgie!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Tiger » August 17th, 2008, 12:06 am

Georgie has GAINED 3bs over the last two weeks. I have been feeding him emu meat, pig heart, and beef steak boiled until it falls apart then pureed in the blender (about 2lbs total meat). I then add mashed microwaved chicken livers (3 or 4) the RX diet - Royal Canin recovery diet (4 cans), the contents of 6 fish oil capsules, and 2 pulverized Centrum Silver vitamin tablets, and 3 jars of baby food (sweet potatoes & apples) and mix it all together like a mad scientist - then freeze it in muffin tin cups. It makes about 18 large muffin sized pieces. Each day, I thaw out 2 of those pieces and mix that with two 3oz cans of canned kitten food and a heaping spoon full of F Biotic and PDG by Wysong.

He is eating about 12oz of this mixture per day (spread over 4 to 5 daily feedings) + free feeding him kibble (not sure how much kibble he is eating since there are 4 cats in this house and they all eat out of that bowl.

If he eats - he will survive longer (according to the oncologist) because the growing cancer will just burn up his calories - so I will feed him whatever he wants to eat up to and including what I am having for dinner if he wants it.

Keep eating, Georgie - keep eating!!!

~Tiger
Otis; CD, CDX
Domino; CD, CDX
Tiger
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby amazincc » August 17th, 2008, 12:09 am

Yes, eating is GOOD!!! Keep it up, Georgie!!! :D

I'm glad for you, Tiger. :)
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby BullyLady » August 17th, 2008, 12:15 am

Keep eating Georgie!! How's his attitude?
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby cheekymunkee » August 17th, 2008, 12:19 am

WooHoo!!! I am SO glad he is feeding his mug. :)
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Tiger » August 17th, 2008, 12:36 am

Hi attitude is good - still hates to take his meds. He is still VERY clingy to me. If I want him to eat his meat mash, I must sit near him while he does, or he will get up and leave the food if I move. I still have to sleep with him. As an added benefit to the meat mash, his poops are no longer brown water, but actual poops! Soft, but not squirts.

If I get up to leave the room where we sleep, he follows me to the door. He will sit outside of the door while I am in the bathroom and wait for me to come out. He spent a lot of time outside of the BR door today as my tummy was not in a good mood.

He feels good enough right now to thrash Satan Siamese as needed and he has started playing with the dogs again. Yesterday he bit Domino on the ear (made it bleed) and made her squeal (she would not stop grooming him). Doja got the stand on hind legs full facial box (multiple smacks in the face) earlier today for the same reason. Gracie ran and crawled under the coffee table to hide because I guess she figured she was next. Otis just looked at him with a dumb look on his face as if to ask "WTF was THAT for?" But Otis fears to bother Georgie - the wrath of a formerly 30+lb cat can be a doozie.

All in all, I think he is doing remarkably well right now!!! He is almost 2/3 the weight that he should be now.

~Tiger
Otis; CD, CDX
Domino; CD, CDX
Tiger
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby gayrghts » August 17th, 2008, 3:01 am

Happy Birthday Georgie.... hope you had a great day.... :)
Heather

A dog teaches a (kid) boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby pitbullmamaliz » August 17th, 2008, 8:30 am

That's great he's put on 3 lbs!!! :rock:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Jenn » August 17th, 2008, 9:18 am

Whew, keep feeling better Georgie!! :)
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby iluvk9 » August 17th, 2008, 9:21 am

Good Kitty, Georgie! :helloClap:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Mickle » August 17th, 2008, 9:35 am

Yay Georgie..I hope he maintains the perkiness!!
Liisa
Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken
Mickle
Loyally Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » August 17th, 2008, 2:48 pm

Tiger wrote:Hi attitude is good - still hates to take his meds. He is still VERY clingy to me. If I want him to eat his meat mash, I must sit near him while he does, or he will get up and leave the food if I move. I still have to sleep with him. As an added benefit to the meat mash, his poops are no longer brown water, but actual poops! Soft, but not squirts.

If I get up to leave the room where we sleep, he follows me to the door. He will sit outside of the door while I am in the bathroom and wait for me to come out. He spent a lot of time outside of the BR door today as my tummy was not in a good mood.

He feels good enough right now to thrash Satan Siamese as needed and he has started playing with the dogs again. Yesterday he bit Domino on the ear (made it bleed) and made her squeal (she would not stop grooming him). Doja got the stand on hind legs full facial box (multiple smacks in the face) earlier today for the same reason. Gracie ran and crawled under the coffee table to hide because I guess she figured she was next. Otis just looked at him with a dumb look on his face as if to ask "WTF was THAT for?" But Otis fears to bother Georgie - the wrath of a formerly 30+lb cat can be a doozie.

All in all, I think he is doing remarkably well right now!!! He is almost 2/3 the weight that he should be now.

~Tiger

WooHoo Georgie! Beat the crap out of them! I am SO happy he is feeling well.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby TheRedQueen » August 17th, 2008, 3:08 pm

I'm coming in late...but read the entire thread...and all I can say is GO GEORGIE! Whoop some ass, why dontcha! lol
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

PreviousNext

Return to Canine Cancer