JuJube has cancer

Here is where we can discuss canine cancers and treatment options to create a support system for those dealing with the disease.

Postby Jenn » July 24th, 2008, 11:21 am

Lilz gave it a bump, here is the 09 calendar thread. :)

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=18386
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby amazincc » July 24th, 2008, 11:47 am

Sending good (and happy) thoughts to Juju... :hug3:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby iluvk9 » July 24th, 2008, 1:12 pm

I am in tears for you and JuJu right now. I hope this is just the bad part of the cycle and soon JuJu will be handling it all again in stride.

How about jarred baby food? My dogs always liked the creamed meat ones.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby HappyChick » July 24th, 2008, 3:41 pm

I feel so bad for you and JuJube. It hurts my heart that you all have to go through this. Hopefully, she is just having a bad day and tomorrow will be better. I know what you mean about going to the vet when the time comes. I've thought the same thing myself, and I don't think it's weird, it's compassionate. Good thoughts to you and JuJube.

Oh, and she looks so comfortable and content in that picture.
Angie & crew

http://www.epitome-dog-rescue.org

My beloved Vincenzo 07/22/05 - 11/16/09 forever in my heart. Cancer sucks.
HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » July 24th, 2008, 5:47 pm

My heart breaks for you. I am so sorry you guys are having to go through this. I too hope she can just go to sleep at home where she is comfortable. :(
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby hugapitbull » July 24th, 2008, 5:56 pm

I'm hoping this is just a bad day, that will invariably happen and you will both have a brighter tomorrow. Hugs and scratches!
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby luvypitbulls » July 24th, 2008, 8:54 pm

Ok thank you so much again for the sweet words..place to let it all pour out and ideas ..I am going to try baby food with JuJu for sure ..she can not eat only raw eggs and beer...we went for a walk and played in the water ..she was wheezing panting and drooling but she would have done that here and she was so freaking happy :)

I would rather die playing in the water than home bound with sad people staring at me ..and if I am not careful and do not read my own words it could be like that!

everyone is worn out and had dinner I am not going to resort to a Dos Equis, chips and salsa...and just cuddle on my husband for a while instead of thinking of the the beasts ..it is so easy for this to become all consuming!

I could never be a hospice nurse bless their hearts!

my poor human guy is taking this very hard ....
luvypitbulls
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby gayrghts » July 25th, 2008, 12:12 am

Have you talked to the vet about how things can go when the time is right?

Have you asked about a traveling vet... most areas have some that do house calls... esp for this purpose... that way the entire family can be around... ie pets included... and there's less stress and less chaos

Also... talk to the vet, there may be something that can be done for the stridor, not somthing that will permanently fix things... but something like an inhaler or some med that will make it easier to breath....

hugggs i can't imagine going thru what you are going t hru, and i'm a nurse and have done hospice nursing in the past.
Heather

A dog teaches a (kid) boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby CinderDee » July 25th, 2008, 12:23 am

I, too, am hoping it's just a bad day and JuJu will be feeling better tomorrow. I'm holding you both in my heart. :hug3:
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby luvypitbulls » July 25th, 2008, 10:36 am

I am so glad i took JuJu to the beach yesterday ..today is her last day ..she is just done ..and we are completely heartbroken and do not know if it is best to let her just stay here and pass peacefully or try to take her to the vet ..she seems so comfortable snuggled here with us ..

..the tip of her tail is wagging still

I do not want to talk about the details but I can tell she is done and we are crushed

this has been so hard ..but seriously I have no regrets ..we could not have loved or cared for a dog anymore than we loved and cared for JuJube that is for sure

I think I will just stop all movement today and just wait and see what happens
luvypitbulls
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby SisMorphine » July 25th, 2008, 10:39 am

I am so so sorry :( Please PM me if you need anything. What a difficult day for you all. *hug*
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Hundilein » July 25th, 2008, 10:46 am

:hug3: The love you feel for JuJu just comes shining through in your posts, and I've enjoyed reading about her, even though some of it is sad. Hugs to you and your family.
Sarah and Renee - aka wild child
Hundilein
Loyally Bully

Postby luvypitbulls » July 25th, 2008, 11:04 am

thank you

I am crumbling now I just do not know what to do ..so I guess I will just stay here and be with her

maybe it is ok to let them pass on thier own

I was raised with the idea you had to take them to the vet if they were sick and ready to pass ..my mother just told me to take her and do it ..but I dont feel like that is the right thing right now
luvypitbulls
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Jenn » July 25th, 2008, 11:19 am

:hug3:
My heart breaks for you, I'm so sorry. :(
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby TinaMartin » July 25th, 2008, 11:41 am

I'm sorry that you dont have more time with her. She sounds like an amazing dog. She knows how much you love her.
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby nicole » July 25th, 2008, 11:55 am

I am so sorry and words just escape me right now...your strength and outlook is very admirable and inspiring. I wish you and Jujube peace at this difficult time. I think you are doing the right thing...so sorry.
nicole
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby gayrghts » July 25th, 2008, 12:27 pm

luvypitbulls wrote:thank you

I am crumbling now I just do not know what to do ..so I guess I will just stay here and be with her

maybe it is ok to let them pass on thier own

I was raised with the idea you had to take them to the vet if they were sick and ready to pass ..my mother just told me to take her and do it ..but I dont feel like that is the right thing right now

You know what is right for you, and for Jujube... as long as she's not suffering... then keeping her calm and at home is fine....

I can tell that if she was suffering, you'd be at the vet before you even wrote here :)

hang in there... keep strong, but feel the feelings... and know that we are all here for you.... you're doing what you feel is right... and that's fine... :)

hugs, prayers, thoughts etc....
Heather

A dog teaches a (kid) boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby KJS » July 25th, 2008, 1:36 pm

My heart aches for you right now...Much Bully Love from all of us here
Dont breed or buy while shelter animals die!
KJS
Supremely Bully

Postby amazincc » July 25th, 2008, 2:18 pm

Oh, Heidi... I am so, so sorry... :sad2: :(

I agree w/doing what feels right... you know Juju better than any of us, and you will make sure that she's comfortable and not stressed out.

:hug3: and much love from me, Beast and Daisy.
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 25th, 2008, 2:31 pm

Oh no... I wish I had words that would comfort you, but I don't. Please just know that you and your family and JuJu are in my thoughts. :hug3:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

PreviousNext

Return to Canine Cancer