Wally Joins the Cancer Club

Here is where we can discuss canine cancers and treatment options to create a support system for those dealing with the disease.

Postby airwalk » July 30th, 2008, 2:30 pm

Good thoughts for a wonderful day coming your way.
airwalk
I live here

Postby Malli » July 30th, 2008, 4:47 pm

what about trying a recouperative diet with him as well? (like AD or something) :| That might help him pack on the lbs, or maybe a pediatric or developmental diet?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby SisMorphine » July 30th, 2008, 5:51 pm

Malli wrote:what about trying a recouperative diet with him as well? (like AD or something) :| That might help him pack on the lbs, or maybe a pediatric or developmental diet?

That would require he actually EAT AD. LOL! I stopped and got some a few weeks ago and he looked at my like I was trying to kill him, but now that he's on pred I figured I'd stop at the place I used to work and pick up a couple of cans tonight if I get out in time. He also used to eat Euk Low-Res cans, so I'll be picking up some of those, too, to try and bulk him up.

My 4 pounds of beef heart came in!! And so did my PDG (no more worrying, Katrina!), so tonight I'll be unthawing heart and making more Wally Ice Cream :)
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby katiek0417 » July 30th, 2008, 6:06 pm

SisMorphine wrote:
Malli wrote:what about trying a recouperative diet with him as well? (like AD or something) :| That might help him pack on the lbs, or maybe a pediatric or developmental diet?

That would require he actually EAT AD. LOL! I stopped and got some a few weeks ago and he looked at my like I was trying to kill him, but now that he's on pred I figured I'd stop at the place I used to work and pick up a couple of cans tonight if I get out in time. He also used to eat Euk Low-Res cans, so I'll be picking up some of those, too, to try and bulk him up.

My 4 pounds of beef heart came in!! And so did my PDG (no more worrying, Katrina!), so tonight I'll be unthawing heart and making more Wally Ice Cream :)

It is about time!!! :wink:
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby SisMorphine » July 31st, 2008, 10:41 pm

He is so thin, no matter how much he eats he continues to waste away. He is losing fur. But he still has a sparkle in his eye. It's not time yet but I'm very worried that it may be coming soon.

My parents are going to VT for the weekend. My mother almost canceled because she's worried he may be gone before the end of the weekend. I told her not to be stupid, but tonight when I look at him I worry she may be right. I hope we're both wrong.

I know I'm not supposed to cry in front of him, but I just can't help it. I hate it that just looking at him makes me cry. I'm not strong enough for this.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine

Postby HappyChick » July 31st, 2008, 10:50 pm

Yes you are strong enough for this...you HAVE to be. You can find strength inside of you and inside of Wally. Wally is being strong, isn't he? Draw from him if you need to. Especially because YOU KNOW Wally has had a wonderful life with you. He knows it too. I know it's a rough time for you, but be happy knowing that you have given Wally a wonderful gift in your love and devotion to him, and seriously, isn't that the best gift we have to give to anyone? You and Wally as always are in my thoughts and prayers.
Angie & crew

http://www.epitome-dog-rescue.org

My beloved Vincenzo 07/22/05 - 11/16/09 forever in my heart. Cancer sucks.
HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby CinderDee » July 31st, 2008, 10:51 pm

Oh Alyssa, I'm so sorry. You're incredibly strong and handling this so well. :groupHug:
I can't help but cry in front of Kato as well. I try not to, but...

If I can do anything at all please let me know. You & Wally are always in my thoughts.
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby Jenn » July 31st, 2008, 10:53 pm

:hug3:

Oh you are strong, and he knows it and he loves you. My prayers, wishes, and everything I have are thinking of you both.
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby call2arms » July 31st, 2008, 10:55 pm

This is making me all teary-eyed.

We love you, Wally and Alyssa and Teeny. :hug3:
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby BullyLady » July 31st, 2008, 11:35 pm

Alyssa, you are the BEST dog momma for Wally. I'm so sorry you are hurting. :hug3:
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby SisMorphine » July 31st, 2008, 11:42 pm

Thanks everyone. I wish I could just STOP freaking out and just accept the inevitable. This is getting old . .
SisMorphine

Postby call2arms » July 31st, 2008, 11:51 pm

Yes and no, in a way these things always happen so quick... It's completely normal that you are freaking out, anyone would...
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby delilahsmommy » July 31st, 2008, 11:53 pm

hold in there me and the family all are here for you
some people just dont get it...
and some shouldnt
delilahsmommy
Loyally Bully

Postby SisMorphine » August 1st, 2008, 12:21 am

Thanks guys. I'm sorry for the continuous break downs. I really just don't know what to do here. This whole situation blows.

DAMNIT WALLY! You and I made a DEAL that you would live forever. Feck you for going back on it :cuss:
SisMorphine

Postby Jenn » August 1st, 2008, 12:53 am

Don't ever apologize, you are hurting, and you want your heart dog to be there forever. I think I speak for everyone here when I say, we all wish the same. Wally is one of a kind, and I can't look at another greyhound without thinking of him first. I have never even realized how wonderful, BIG, and handsome they were till I ran across you and Wally on message boards. My heart breaks for you, and the pain you are experiencing, I wish there was something I could do to help. :hug3:
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby cheekymunkee » August 1st, 2008, 1:26 am

Just take it as it comes sister. That is all you can do. It is never easy to accept this so dont think you have to right now. Sometimes, denial can be a comfort.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Malli » August 1st, 2008, 5:40 am

The hairloss is likely due to the high dose of Pred he'll be on, but I can't be sure.

I am so very sorry Alyssa :(

If there is any people food you think he'd like, doughnuts, even a little chocolate or bacon or whatever, now is the time :)

Just try to enjoy your time with him, maybe you can get a few days off?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby TinaMartin » August 1st, 2008, 8:18 am

Never feel bad about your emotions. You have a right to hurt and be angry. Just know that we are all here to listen :cry1: And yes we will cry and be angry with you.
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby luvypitbulls » August 1st, 2008, 8:31 am

SisMorphine wrote:Thanks guys. I'm sorry for the continuous break downs. I really just don't know what to do here. This whole situation blows.

DAMNIT WALLY! You and I made a DEAL that you would live forever. Feck you for going back on it :cuss:

I feel for you so much right now

OOOXXX Heidi
luvypitbulls
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby mnp13 » August 1st, 2008, 11:56 am

There is nothing I can say that someone hasn't already said... but I can't imagine what you are going though.

You know you can call me any time, and I mean that.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

PreviousNext

Return to Canine Cancer