Wally Joins the Cancer Club

Here is where we can discuss canine cancers and treatment options to create a support system for those dealing with the disease.

Postby TinaMartin » July 28th, 2008, 7:58 am

Go Wally!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 28th, 2008, 8:21 am

HOT DAMN!!! You go Wally!
:bananaDance: :bananaDance: :bananaDance: :bananaDance: :bananaDance: :bananaDance: :bananaDance: :bananaDance: :bananaDance: :bananaDance: :bananaDance: :bananaDance: :bananaDance: :bananaDance: :bananaDance: :bananaDance: :bananaDance: :bananaDance: :bananaDance: :bananaDance: :bananaDance: :bananaDance: :bananaDance: :bananaDance: :bananaDance: :bananaDance: :bananaDance: :bananaDance: :bananaDance: :bananaDance: :bananaDance: :bananaDance: :bananaDance: :bananaDance: :bananaDance: :bananaDance: :bananaDance: :bananaDance: :bananaDance: :bananaDance:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Tiger » July 28th, 2008, 6:11 pm

With Gerogie, since he is terminal, the vet told me to allow him to eat anything he wants so long as he will eat it (the cancer burns up the calories and he loses weight even when he is eating). So the goal is to stuff him as often as possible with ANYTHING that I can entice him to eat. This has resulted in trying a wide variety of foods that normally, I would not try. So far, the hands down winner has been Royal Canin Recovery diet - at $1.69 per 6oz can. And Fried chicken livers. I am frying chicken livers - for my cat. Fried emu, too. (while the dogs look on enviously licking their lips whining: Mine! Mine!) He also likes live minnows. He wants me to drop them on the floor so that he can watch them flop a bit before he eats them. He will NOT eat them out of a bowl. It is odd to make a trip to the bait house every single day to purchase 1/2 dozen small minnows - but I do it - because I love him. We all do what we can for them - because we love them. Our children with fur.

~Tiger
Doja; TT, CGC, CD, CDX, UD
Gracie; TT, CGC, CD, CDX, UD, UDX
Otis; CD, CDX
Domino; CD, CDX
Come visit http://NTBBC.com - "Changing One Mind At A Time"
You are given but one life to live, use it wisely....
Tiger
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby ellie@ny » July 28th, 2008, 6:47 pm

SisMorphine wrote:Wally has probably eaten around 2 pounds of meat today, all spread out over about 5 or 6 little meals. :shock:

WOOOHHHOOOOOO!!!!!!

:purpleBanana: :gruven: :mrHappy: :woowoo: :clap: :bananaDance:

Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby airwalk » July 28th, 2008, 8:05 pm

Yay Mr. Wally...keep eating guy!
airwalk
I live here

Postby Jenn » July 28th, 2008, 10:26 pm

Awesome, go wally!
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby luvypitbulls » July 28th, 2008, 10:47 pm

that is awesome! such a nice thing to read at the end of the day ...I gave JuJube a 1/2 beer every night right after her diagnosis ..she loved it ..and it was a good "excuse" for me to drink the other half! the beer gave her the munchies and she would eat quite a bit for dinner after that ...then so would I :P

so just for added measure I am sending Wally my appetite I could do with lot less of one and he needs it ..that is a fair trade huh? :)
luvypitbulls
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby airwalk » July 28th, 2008, 10:52 pm

What a wonderful idea..we'll all send the part of our appetites that we don't need to Wally. He'll eat like a mad man then.
airwalk
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » July 28th, 2008, 11:24 pm

Maybe I'll buy him a bottle of white wine tomorrow . . . that's what he always tried to steal . . .
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby SisMorphine » July 28th, 2008, 11:25 pm

Oh and he ate more than 2 pounds of meat today. I could kiss him. In fact I have. Many many many times. He is my man. I luff him.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine

Postby amazincc » July 29th, 2008, 1:16 am

Me too... I kissed Wally... on the mouth... through the computer screen! :D

Tasted like chicken and white wine. :wink:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Mickle » July 29th, 2008, 8:19 pm

I got to kiss him bunches yesterday!! Im glad hes eating...put some weight on that boy hes so skinny!!
Liisa
Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken
Mickle
Loyally Bully

Postby Judy » July 29th, 2008, 9:06 pm

Wally you can kick this!! I know you can - you are a strong boy!!!!

Pit bull kisses from Bussie!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dogWink:
Due to a forum glitch, I am now 30 years old. :woowoo:
Judy
Loyally Bully

Postby luvypitbulls » July 30th, 2008, 9:07 am

Thinking about Wally today and hoping all is well with you

hugs
Heidi
luvypitbulls
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby SisMorphine » July 30th, 2008, 9:32 am

Well for the first time there were no accidents overnight, which was nice. But after snuggling with his bum all morning (it was on my pillow) I can tell you that he DEFINITELY needs to go out (PEW!!!). But I'll let him be gassy a little bit longer before I force him to get up.

He didn't eat much yesterday, refuses to take his mushroom stuff, and didn't even lift his head when I came home last night. But right now he's lying on my bed and just staring at me with his snuggle bug love eyes and I know it's not time yet. We just had a bad day. Hopefully today is better.
SisMorphine

Postby Mickle » July 30th, 2008, 10:04 am

Thinking good thoughts of Wally alll day today!!! I hope today is better for him!!
Liisa
Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken
Mickle
Loyally Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 30th, 2008, 10:22 am

Mmmm, stinky dog bum on pillow. Been there, done that!

Hopefully once his gas clears up his tummy will feel better and he'll eat 2 more pounds of food.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby CinderDee » July 30th, 2008, 1:31 pm

Hoping for a really good day for you both!

Sending lots of love!
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby BritneyP » July 30th, 2008, 1:56 pm

Fingers crossed for a good day today! :dance:
Cruiser v Kellhof, CGC, TDInc- GSD
Jack z Esagilu, Police K9- GSD
Pia z Westwood- GSD
Darca z Perstatskeho mlyna- GSD
Sadie v Foster- GSD
Nala, CGC- GSD