We are DONE!

Here is where we can discuss canine cancers and treatment options to create a support system for those dealing with the disease.

Postby amazincc » May 14th, 2008, 1:13 pm

Finally... our last treatment was yesterday, and Beast was great!
Strutted into the vet office w/his backpack on, got on the scale, and actually pulled me into the exam room. lol
No shaking or growling what-so-ever, he was very matter-of-fact about plopping on his side and receiving his injection. While the vet techs did that Dr. Correa examined him at the same time... he grumbled once, but it wasn't a vicious warning - he just wanted to voice his objection of being touched in the nether-region again, I think. :giggle:

When Mick was done we went to the waiting room and waited for the results of the blood work. I paid my bill and he actually sat right next to me, quietly, while the receptionist behind the counter did all the paperwork. She also handed me a bag of doggy biscuits which said:" Happiness is... the last day of treatment."
Beast THEN decided to take off his muzzle (well, he tried) to get at the hated vet wrap on his leg... I freed him and he ripped off the wrap w/a vengance, then proceeded to scarf down some of the treats.
The vet tech came out w/the paper for the blood work, and he actually gave a quick little tail wag... it made her laugh.

When we left the little sh!t lifted his leg - and PEED ON THE DOOR. I guess he finally showed THEM what he thought of the whole affair. :shock: LMAO

The plan now is to go for periodic blood work, which my regular vet will do, and check Micks lymph nodes on a daily basis (which I will do)... if/when he comes out of remission we will start him on oral meds, his health and demeanor permitting.

The whole bill for chemo therapy was $5876.95... and PBT/members raised and donated almost $1800.00 of that (including one VERY generous donation of $1000.00 from an extremely generous lady who insisted on staying anonymous).

I can't thank you guys enough - without all of your support I wouldn't have been able to get Beast treated, and the weekly encouragement and good thoughts meant/mean the world to me.
You guys are the reason that my heart dog is still with me, and I am SO, SO grateful to everyone for allowing me to have more time w/him.

Michelle... again, THANK YOU for making the forum available to us and for being so generous and kind in regards of donations and fundraising.

You all have a very special place in my heart. :heartbeat: :hug3:

The happy patient... lol

God, I LOVE him SO much.
Last edited by amazincc on May 14th, 2008, 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby BigDogBuford » May 14th, 2008, 1:16 pm

Yay! Congratulations! :dance:
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby airwalk » May 14th, 2008, 1:18 pm

Congratulations, and Mick's peeing on the floor...well that got an outloud giggle!
airwalk
I live here

Postby amazincc » May 14th, 2008, 1:27 pm

The DOOR, Diana... lifted his leg as high as he could and peed on the glass door. :giggle:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby BigDogBuford » May 14th, 2008, 1:28 pm

amazincc wrote:When we left the little sh!t lifted his leg - and PEED ON THE DOOR. I guess he finally showed THEM what he thought of the whole affair. :shock: LMAO

Nothing wrong with that. I do it every time I leave the DMV.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby cheekymunkee » May 14th, 2008, 1:42 pm

This made my day!

WOOHOO Mick! You did awesome buddy! We're all very proud of you & yoru mama!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby madremissy » May 14th, 2008, 1:48 pm

Way to go Mick and Christine!!!! You know Mick had to have the last word. :P
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby CinderDee » May 14th, 2008, 1:56 pm

Congratulations, Mick & Christine!!!! I am SO happy for you both!Image
Great job...peeing on the door! lol
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby pitbullmamaliz » May 14th, 2008, 3:45 pm

What a relief he's done! He's been such a trooper!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby iluvk9 » May 14th, 2008, 4:15 pm

Good news!

(I can't get the 'confetti smilie' to stick to this post, so just imagine it being there....)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Malli » May 14th, 2008, 4:24 pm

congrats!
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby katiek0417 » May 14th, 2008, 4:40 pm

Congrats (doing the happy dance over here)...
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby Patch O' Pits » May 14th, 2008, 4:41 pm

Congrats!
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby ellie@ny » May 14th, 2008, 5:07 pm

Awesome!!!Congrats!!!
What a good boy!!! "When we left the little sh!t lifted his leg - and PEED ON THE DOOR." :D

Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby hey21jude » May 14th, 2008, 5:55 pm

Congrats!! Very exciting!!! And good boy for peeing on the door! You tell 'em Mick!! :D
Save the Pit Bull... Save the World.
hey21jude
Confident Young Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » May 14th, 2008, 6:07 pm

ellie@ny wrote:Image

lmao
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby amazincc » May 14th, 2008, 6:13 pm

I love it, Ellie. :giggle:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Marsee » May 14th, 2008, 6:20 pm

YAY!!!!! :confetti: :confetti: :confetti:

Marsee
Marsee
Just Whelped

Postby SisMorphine » May 14th, 2008, 6:28 pm

YAY!!!!!!!! Talk about a load off for the both of you!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby TheRedQueen » May 14th, 2008, 6:32 pm

:bounce: :woowoo: :bounce:

Way to go!

Be on the lookout for a special "end of treatment" present for you and the Beast...
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Next

Return to Canine Cancer