Christine & Mick

Here is where we can discuss canine cancers and treatment options to create a support system for those dealing with the disease.

Postby cecollins » January 11th, 2008, 2:27 pm

On January 08 2008, 4:51 PM, Beth wrote:Just now seeing this. I hope all went well with chemo today.

Big Ditto. with hugs and prayers attached!
Sully's momma!

Miss you, Mick
cecollins
I Love Sully's Butt Curls

Postby Brindlebaby » January 13th, 2008, 2:14 am

I'm sorry for what Mick and you are going through. I have seen his pics - and he is absolutely adorable, sweet and loving. I am so near tears from your post...I wish I could just do some sort of magical spell and take away that C from Mick - I really do. :(

I agree that Mick is most likely a very smart dog. And with all the stress prior to chemo...I don't know...19 weeks is a long time.

As much as you want him with you longer - it's him who's really going through it... And I don't know squat Christine - but the orals sound like the best thing. Because it's less stress for him.

Please tell me more about your Mick. I'm new to this board, and see his pics, and have taken on a ribbon in support of his battle. I don't know how old he is, how long you've had him or how long he's been battling.

What ever you decide, I hope that it will somehow relieve Mick from any pain or stress. And like I said, I don't know squat, but I do know with your devotion, he's in loving hands...
Vannessa
The question is not whether we will be extremist but what kind of extremist will we be.
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Brindlebaby
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby amazincc » January 13th, 2008, 3:11 am

Oh, wow... where to start??? :wink:
Mick turned six years old this past December, I got him at four months of age, and he was diagnosed just this past January 2nd.

Here is a link that sort of sums it up in a nutshell, but ya know - if you have any questions at all - I LOVE talking about my boy! :D
I should also tell you that we have made great strides w/his behavior since joining here, and that the support and knowledge on this forum is unbelievable... but you've probably noticed that on your own already. :)

http://www.pitbulltalk.com/viewtopic.php?t=15345
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Brindlebaby » January 13th, 2008, 10:11 pm

On January 13 2008, 2:11 AM, amazincc wrote:Oh, wow... where to start??? :wink:
Mick turned six years old this past December, I got him at four months of age, and he was diagnosed just this past January 2nd.

Here is a link that sort of sums it up in a nutshell, but ya know - if you have any questions at all - I LOVE talking about my boy! :D
I should also tell you that we have made great strides w/his behavior since joining here, and that the support and knowledge on this forum is unbelievable... but you've probably noticed that on your own already. :)

http://www.pitbulltalk.com/viewtopic.php?t=15345

Thanks Christine...I have to say - you are a soldier... I read your link... You will and have done right by Mick. You are a good spirit, and he knows it. May you and yours be blessed through this...whatever the outcome is. Just keep taking pics...and share them with the rest of us. With great support...
Vannessa
The question is not whether we will be extremist but what kind of extremist will we be.
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Brindlebaby
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Jessica » January 13th, 2008, 11:22 pm

Thank you, Brindlebaby! My Mom and Mickey work hard on his problems and he is so much better now, except at the vet.
I wish people could see how he is at home, because he is the best dog, and he has the best sense of humor. We really love that about him, that he is such a clown. My Mom always says he is the only dog she has ever had who has a twinkle in his eyes. :)
Jessica
Jessica
Just Whelped

Postby Emi » January 14th, 2008, 12:55 pm

Hope Mick is doing ok today, and ya'll are to.

Hope Mick enjoyed his package.
You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, 'Wow, you're right! I never would've thought of that!'
- Dave Barry
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby amazincc » January 14th, 2008, 2:29 pm

On January 14 2008, 11:55 AM, Emi wrote:Hope Mick is doing ok today, and ya'll are to.

Hope Mick enjoyed his package.

He did! And I DID pm you, right??? PLEASE tell me I did. :oops:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby TheRedQueen » January 14th, 2008, 10:11 pm

Oh...I'm so sorry he's having trouble with the chemo...all around.

Good thoughts headed your way...for Mick, you and Jessica...
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby CinderDee » January 15th, 2008, 5:58 am

When is Mick's next treatment, Christine?

I hope he's feeling better!
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby amazincc » January 15th, 2008, 9:27 am

It's today, Dee... thanks for asking. :)
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby luvmypitties » January 15th, 2008, 9:32 am

I hope everythign goes well Christine! I am sending calming thoughts!
Tina
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and Christine! We love you both!

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
RIP Abby! I always loved you!
luvmypitties
I live here

Postby pitbullmamaliz » January 15th, 2008, 10:00 am

Good luck today! I'm sending calm, relaxing thoughts to both you and Mick....

Ommmmmmmmmmmmmm.....
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby katiek0417 » January 15th, 2008, 10:52 am

Christine, GOOD LUCK TODAY!!! PLEASE either you or Jessica PM me when you get back to let me know what the oncologist said.....

I am SO keeping my fingers, paws, EVERYTHING crossed that it goes well!!!
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby Scout » January 15th, 2008, 3:04 pm

*thinking good thoughts* *sending out good vibes*

Good luck Christine and Mick!!
The average dog is a nicer person than the average person. --Andy Rooney
Scout
Welcome Wagger

Postby mnp13 » January 15th, 2008, 4:00 pm

good luck!

I had a thought about his treatments, would it be possible to do the blood work on Monday and then the chemo on Tuesday? That would make it two visits, but they would be shorter so maybe it would reduce his stress?

I hope everything goes/went well!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby amazincc » January 15th, 2008, 4:23 pm

Oh, the whole visit lasts only 30 minutes tops... they will do blood work today, then it takes about ten minutes to check the results, and then they administer the chemo based on what they saw... can't get any faster than that. They really DO try to accommodate us as much as possible.
We usually wait outside and as soon as we're called in and Beast is somewhat "composed" they get to work. We're the last appointment of the day for a reason... :wink:

Thanks for the Good Luck wishes, everyone... :)
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby hzumstein » January 15th, 2008, 4:43 pm

Goooooooooooood Luuuuccckkkk!
The Zumsteins: Toby, Heather, Toby-Allen, Ellie-Grace, Diesel, Hope, Stormy, Daisy & Lou Lou.
hzumstein
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby airwalk » January 15th, 2008, 4:45 pm

Calming thoughts to Mickey boy....good luck!
airwalk
I live here

Postby katiek0417 » January 15th, 2008, 5:30 pm

Calming thoughts starting right about now.

Good luck today, Christine!!
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby amazincc » January 15th, 2008, 9:19 pm

It worked!!! It worked!!! All those calming thoughts worked!!!

Mick was AWESOME today!!! He was muzzled and really scared, but we had him lay on his side (w/me and my oldest daughter holding him down) so he could see me, and he did NOT struggle!!! He moaned and cried, but I kept talking to him and they did the blood work and the chemo... and he did NOT move!!!

When he was done we went into the empty waiting room to wait for the results of the blood work, and he actually flopped down on his side and let out a huge sigh. There was no lunging or even growling when the Oncologist came out to talk to me... all it took was a "no" and he settled right down.

I am SO happy that he trusted me enough today and let me talk him through it.
Oh, and I got my palm leaf right afterwards... my daughter took him out to pee, and he came back into the office carrying it... the whole office staff "ooooohed" and "aaaaahed" over him.

His blood work looked good and we can continue the chemo!

I know I'm gushing, but I am SO proud of him... it went even better than I ever hoped for... he is absolutely amazing.

And thanks for all the calming thoughts and good vibes - I truly believe that you all made a difference w/him today!

Thank You!!! :)
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

PreviousNext

Return to Canine Cancer