The Mick and Christine Show!

Here is where we can discuss canine cancers and treatment options to create a support system for those dealing with the disease.

Postby amazincc » January 12th, 2008, 4:44 pm

An update for the rest of you - thanks for all the well-wishes and good thoughts! :)

Mick has been vomiting and having diarrhea on and off since Sunday, but he is on meds and I'm hoping he will feel better soon. :(
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby iluvk9 » January 12th, 2008, 5:00 pm

GO MICK!!! :bananaDance: Your fan club is rooting for you!
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby luvmypitties » January 12th, 2008, 5:04 pm

I am sure he will start feeling well soon. Have the mailman visit a few times!! :twisted:
Tina
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and Christine! We love you both!

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
RIP Abby! I always loved you!
luvmypitties
I live here

Postby CinderDee » January 12th, 2008, 5:09 pm

On Saturday, 12 January 2008, 3:44 PM, amazincc wrote:An update for the rest of you - thanks for all the well-wishes and good thoughts! :)

Mick has been vomiting and having diarrhea on and off since Sunday, but he is on meds and I'm hoping he will feel better soon. :(

Awww, poor guy. I'm sorry to hear it, Christine. Kato went through a period where he was sick for days on end like that too. I had to take him back to the hospital and they gave him fluids and an injection of reglan. I really hope Mick turns a corner soon. Please give him a gentle hug from Kato & me.

I know how hard this is on you too and I'm sending you lots of love & hugs.
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby amazincc » January 12th, 2008, 5:53 pm

Thanks, Dee... right now I'm insanely jealous of everyone w/a well-adjusted/well-behaved dog... if only for the fact that it would make everything soo much easier on Mick. I've been making sure that he drinks a lot (thank God for "commands" and Beasts that listen to those :wink: ), so at least he isn't dehydrated enough to warrant IV fluids... and he isn't giving me a hard time about taking his meds. He actually perks up whenever he hears a pill bottle and comes right over to me and sits. :lol3:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby CinderDee » January 12th, 2008, 6:14 pm

My last dog, Ivan, was a lot like Mick. I stressed out so much when he had to go to the vet.

Kato loves his meds too! Silly boys! lol
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby Jessica » January 13th, 2008, 10:43 pm

On January 11 2008, 4:47 PM, Jessica wrote:
On January 11 2008, 4:37 PM, gayrghts wrote:To bad time was not of the essence... and he could have 6 mths or so to practice going to the vet and have good experiences....

ie happy dog visits :)

I really wish you would not make fun of his situation. My Mom HAS been practicing with him as much as possible, even going to the vet, but he gets SO agitated at the office that it doesn't matter. He might only live another six months, so I would appreciate it if you didn't upset my Mother with posts like this.

I'm sorry for getting so mad Heather. My Mom explained to me what you meant and I shouldn't have been so upset. She told me to apologize, so I am.
Jessica
Jessica
Just Whelped

Postby Jenny » January 13th, 2008, 11:11 pm

I love hearing all the stories about Mick and Christine always has one ready whenever I think I have a new dog who resembles the spawn of Satan.
She'll say " Mick used to do that " and tell us how she turned him around into the stud muffin he is today...I hope he heals well and quickly.. sending good thoughts your way!
"I went shopping for feminine protection. I decided on a .380 automatic."
- Karen Riply
Jenny
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » January 14th, 2008, 10:16 pm

On January 12 2008, 4:53 PM, amazincc wrote:Thanks, Dee... right now I'm insanely jealous of everyone w/a well-adjusted/well-behaved dog... if only for the fact that it would make everything soo much easier on Mick. I've been making sure that he drinks a lot (thank God for "commands" and Beasts that listen to those :wink: ), so at least he isn't dehydrated enough to warrant IV fluids... and he isn't giving me a hard time about taking his meds. He actually perks up whenever he hears a pill bottle and comes right over to me and sits. :lol3:

Also having a problem child (Inara)...I do fear what will happen if she has to go to the vet for something serious. We do happy visits, and lots of socialization...but the vet is still not someone she trusts.

There are good things about these crazy dogs...but there is a downside. Just let him know that we love him no matter what he thinks of the vet. And tell him Inara agrees with him...and supports him fully in whatever he does there. ;)
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Scout » January 15th, 2008, 2:53 pm

Christine, I think about you and Mick every time, right before bed. I close my eyes tight and send every single good feeling vibe straight out for Florida. And since I don't know very many people on the East Coast I'm fairly certain that all my good vibes are heading over to Mick. :)

:hug3:

And here's a little secret...I don't tell people I've joined a dog forum (non dog people just wouldn't understand) but I can never help but share ALL the photos of Mick when i see them. Even my boyfriend knows who Mick and Chrstine are lol We both, absolutely ADORE pictures of Mick!
The average dog is a nicer person than the average person. --Andy Rooney
Scout
Welcome Wagger

Previous

Return to Canine Cancer