Lymph nodes...

Here is where we can discuss canine cancers and treatment options to create a support system for those dealing with the disease.

Postby Hoyden » January 2nd, 2008, 7:08 pm

Hugs to all three of you.

All our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby luvmypitties » January 2nd, 2008, 7:30 pm

Has anyone heard about Mick? I am impatient! I want to know what was said and how Mick is doing now!
Tina
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and Christine! We love you both!

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
RIP Abby! I always loved you!
luvmypitties
I live here

Postby amazincc » January 2nd, 2008, 7:35 pm

Mickey has an official diagnosis - T-Cell Lymphoma...

He got a combination of L-Asparaginase and Prednisone this afternoon to reduce the swelling in his neck and to make it easier for him to breathe.
With chemo the oncologist gives him about 6-9 months... without treatment he has 4-6 weeks.

I am so heartbroken and sad... my beautiful boy probably won't see another Christmas... and he LOVED his Secret Santa packages...

The chemo therapy will be about $5000.00... but it will only buy us a little more time... and the oncologist isn't very optimistic.

Mick got prodded, poked, and tested since last night, but when we came home my daughter took him out to pee - and he returned, carrying a leaf for me... I don't even know how to begin to get through this.

Thanks, everyone, for all the hugs and good thoughts - I appreciate it more than I can express in a post...
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby pitbullmamaliz » January 2nd, 2008, 7:36 pm

Oh Christine. :hug3: I don't even have the words to tell you how sorry I am for you and Mick. I know you love him with every fiber of your being. And HE knows that too.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Jenn » January 2nd, 2008, 7:37 pm

:cry: Oh Christine, I'm so sorry ~ anything we can do to help you?
Jenn
undecided

Postby SisMorphine » January 2nd, 2008, 7:38 pm

Christine *hugs*

We're all here for you in whatever way you need us.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby iluvk9 » January 2nd, 2008, 7:42 pm

I can't stop crying for you and your baby boy. I am so sorry, Christine. I know your heart is broken, and so are all the hearts of your friends on PBT.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby gayrghts » January 2nd, 2008, 7:43 pm

On January 02 2008, 6:35 PM, amazincc wrote:Mickey has an official diagnosis - T-Cell Lymphoma...

He got a combination of L-Asparaginase and Prednisone this afternoon to reduce the swelling in his neck and to make it easier for him to breathe.
With chemo the oncologist gives him about 6-9 months... without treatment he has 4-6 weeks.

I am so heartbroken and sad... my beautiful boy probably won't see another Christmas... and he LOVED his Secret Santa packages...

The chemo therapy will be about $5000.00... but it will only buy us a little more time... and the oncologist isn't very optimistic.

Mick got prodded, poked, and tested since last night, but when we came home my daughter took him out to pee - and he returned, carrying a leaf for me... I don't even know how to begin to get through this.

Thanks, everyone, for all the hugs and good thoughts - I appreciate it more than I can express in a post...

Well... he's just going to have to get SS packages weekly from people...
wanna pm me your address please :)

I'm sitting here at work crying....

Ya know... prayer and positive thinking can do amazing things.... so i'm not giving up on Mickey just yet...
you already are feeding him a RAW diet which is what is recommended because they feel the cancer feeds off the sugar from grains...

Love him all you can.. and keep taking photo's.... and keep us posted...

He's a good boy... bringing you leaf's... :)
Heather

A dog teaches a (kid) boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby katiek0417 » January 2nd, 2008, 7:53 pm

Christine, I am SO sorry....I know it's hard to be strong, but you have to believe in miracles...and the power of love...and we all know how much you love Mick...

Greg and I are keeping both of you in our thoughts and prayers. Anything you need, please don't hesitate to ask. We're all here for you and we all love you!!!...you do so much for everyone on here, so now it's our turn to band together to help you and Mick get through this... :groupHug:
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby CinderDee » January 2nd, 2008, 7:53 pm

I know exactly how you feel, Christine. :groupHug:

Kato got Pred, Vincristine and L-Asparaginase for his first treatment and his lymph nodes were back to normal in the next day or so.
Did they give you anything for nausea?

Here's a Yahoo group I found when Kate was first diagnosed.
http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/LymphomaHeartDogs/

Huge hugs to you both!
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby amazincc » January 2nd, 2008, 8:01 pm

On January 02 2008, 6:53 PM, CinderDee wrote:I know exactly how you feel, Christine. :groupHug:

Kato got Pred, Vincristine and L-Asparaginase for his first treatment and his lymph nodes were back to normal in the next day or so.

Huge hugs to you both!

Yes, we got something for nausea and diarrhea... the chemo treatments and blood work are going to happen once a week for four weeks, then one week off, then four weeks of chemo again... for 19 weeks all together. Our oncologist said that the B-cell is easier and more successful to treat than what Mick has.
Thanks for the link...
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Asta » January 2nd, 2008, 8:07 pm

Oh no Christine :(

I can´t even begin to tell you how much you and Mick both are so very appreciated, loved and important to this forum, each in your own ways.

I will send my best and strongest energy and thoughts to you hoping that Mick will be able to beat this hurdle he stands in front! Please try to keep strong and positive and remember how many dogs have made it through the very same thing before him!

HUGS,

Ã…sa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby CinderDee » January 2nd, 2008, 8:09 pm

On Wednesday, 02 January 2008, 7:01 PM, amazincc wrote:
On January 02 2008, 6:53 PM, CinderDee wrote:I know exactly how you feel, Christine. :groupHug:

Huge hugs to you both!

Yes, we got something for nausea and diarrhea... the chemo treatments and blood work are going to happen once a week for four weeks, then one week off, then four weeks of chemo again... for 19 weeks all together. Our oncologist said that the B-cell is easier and more successful to treat than what Mick has.
Thanks for the link...

It took a few days for me to find out if Kato had B or T cell.(Kato has B cell) I didn't know they could do it that quickly.

Do you know what protocol Mick is on? Kate's on Madison Wisconsin.

Kate's also being treated by Carolann. Here's her link if you're interested:
http://www.healthycanine.ca/
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby luvmypitties » January 2nd, 2008, 8:09 pm

Oh Christine I am so sorry. I wish there was more for us to do! Please let us know if there is anythign we can do. I cant imagine how upset you must be! You love Mick more than anything! We know it so he sure as heck knows it!

And he is so cute, bringing you a leaf!
Tina
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and Christine! We love you both!

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
RIP Abby! I always loved you!
luvmypitties
I live here

Postby airwalk » January 2nd, 2008, 8:15 pm

Christine I don't know what to say. I lost my big old mastiff to T Cell Lymphoma. Give Mick lots of scritches from me.
airwalk
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » January 2nd, 2008, 8:15 pm

Our hearts are broken for you Christine. I am so tired of my favorite dogs getting sick. :cry: BUT, Kato is beating his & I have NO doubt that Mick will do the same. He WILL beat this.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby ellie@ny » January 2nd, 2008, 8:18 pm

Christine,I'm so sorry to hear this,I can't believe it.... :(
I was so hoping for an ear infection etc...
Hugs to you and your family,and give a big kiss from us to Mick.
:groupHug:
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby Favorite Kitty » January 2nd, 2008, 9:00 pm

Stay and think strong, Christine. He CAN beat this!
Favorite Kitty
The Mouse Whisperer

Postby Moe » January 2nd, 2008, 9:00 pm

Oh jeesh, I just read this, I am SO sorry..**HUGE HUGS** to you and Mick, I can't even put words to it :cry: :groupHug:
You laugh because I'm different...........
I laugh cause I just farted!
Moe
The Dog Whisperererer

Postby DropkickPA » January 2nd, 2008, 9:01 pm

God, I'm so sorry! Big big hugs abd tail wags and licks coming your way!!! :(
Dropkick, Dropkid, and Agatha, of course!!
DropkickPA
Confident Young Bully

PreviousNext

Return to Canine Cancer