Lymph nodes...

Here is where we can discuss canine cancers and treatment options to create a support system for those dealing with the disease.

Postby Marinepits » January 3rd, 2008, 12:14 pm

On Thu, Jan 03 2008, 11:04 AM, TheRedQueen wrote:Sorry...I didn't want to make you feel worse...
:(

:hug3:

You're in my thoughts...

It's a very personal choice, whether or not to do chemo. There are no right or wrong answers. :)
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby gayrghts » January 3rd, 2008, 12:15 pm

On Thu, Jan 03 2008, 11:15 AM, gayrghts wrote:I hesitate to post this.... incase it makes Christine feel worse... but.....

Edited for objectionable content and reposted by Marinepits and mnp13.
Last edited by gayrghts on January 3rd, 2008, 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heather

A dog teaches a (kid) boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby iluvk9 » January 3rd, 2008, 12:21 pm

Let's support Christine and Mick by living in the moment. :)

"Yesterday's" really don't matter at a time like this.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Marinepits » January 3rd, 2008, 12:22 pm

This is for everyone:

If you think anything you say *might* make Christine feel worse, then don't post it.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby blayzeingsun » January 3rd, 2008, 2:21 pm

so sorry to hear the prognosis. if you ever need an ear i don't have dog experience with cancer but my dad was diagnosed with it and has been in and out of remission for the last 10 years. it's really tough. but you will get through. we're all here for you.
blayzeingsun
Loyally Bully

Postby delilahsmommy » January 3rd, 2008, 3:00 pm

Christine i am so sorry and i hope mick makes it through all of this we all do im sending all my good thoughts and hugs from Delilah Bea and the rest of our 2 legged family :goodthoughts: :itsOK:
some people just dont get it...
and some shouldnt
delilahsmommy
Loyally Bully

Postby BigDogBuford » January 3rd, 2008, 3:24 pm

My thoughts are with you and Mick...big hugs to you.

Sometimes these guys will surprise you. When he was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor my rb kitty, Elvis, was given 3-4 weeks to live. We had another great three years with him and we enjoyed every minute of it.

Hang in there and enjoy the happiness you bring each other.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby babyreba » January 3rd, 2008, 4:36 pm

this is my first time visiting this thread, and i was just shocked and saddened by the news. hang in there, christine. mick is lucky to have you as his mama.
babyreba
Supremely Bully

Postby concreterose » January 3rd, 2008, 5:17 pm

This is my first time reading this post too. You and Mick are in my prayers. I am thinking positive thoughts that Mick will beat the odds. They told me that my gal had 6-12 weeks to leave when she was first diagnosed with cancer...she lived almost two years. Praying for the same miracle for Mick.
concreterose
Loyally Bully

Postby iluvk9 » January 3rd, 2008, 5:23 pm

On January 03 2008, concreterose wrote: They told me that my gal had 6-12 weeks to leave when she was first diagnosed with cancer...she lived almost two years. Praying for the same miracle for Mick.

That was wonderful!
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Emi » January 3rd, 2008, 6:34 pm

Christine, i'm so sorry to hear this.

Our loving thoughts are being sent your way ...
You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, 'Wow, you're right! I never would've thought of that!'
- Dave Barry
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby Jeni » January 3rd, 2008, 7:16 pm

Oh my gosh, I just saw this - I've been gone.

Christine - I am so sorry, I don't know what to say. I can't imagine what and how you must be feeling right now.
Warm hugs and lots of good thoughts being sent you way.
dee de dee
Jeni
Confident Young Bully

Postby randi81 » January 3rd, 2008, 8:00 pm

AGH! I need to stop disappearing for days on end! OMG Christine! :cry: I can't even freaking imagine how you feel... I can't even imagine how *I* would feel.... I'm so sorry. I will 100% absolutely positively most definitely keep you and the handsome Mick in my prayers.... oh geesh. :groupHug: I know someone said this already, but I feel it's important -- NEVER underestimate the power of prayer! If you need anything, ANYTHING at all, please don't hesitate to ask.
-Randi.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body; but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
randi81
Full of Bully

Postby amazincc » January 3rd, 2008, 8:28 pm

On January 03 2008, 11:04 AM, TheRedQueen wrote:Sorry...I didn't want to make you feel worse...
:(

:hug3:

You're in my thoughts...

Oh, Erin... I KNOW that!!! :hug3:
Everyones input is appreciated, believe me... I am just a little overwhelmed right now, and if I sound defensive or snarky, I'm sorry.
I know you meant well... and I am glad that you got to spoil your dog for the time he had left... I'm just not ready for this, you know?
And as long as Mick can tolerate chemo and isn't completely miserable, I have to give it a try... it's the only thing I can do for him and it keeps me from losing hope completely...
And Jen is right - it's a personal choice and there are no rights or wrongs when it comes to something like this.
PLEASE keep posting - your support and good thoughts mean a lot to me, and I really didn't mean to sound so... judgmental...
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby airwalk » January 3rd, 2008, 8:33 pm

Christine...you do what is right for you and Mick, whatever that is, wherever that takes you. If you do that, it will always be the right thing to do.
airwalk
I live here

Postby Fear_the_Sheeple » January 3rd, 2008, 9:47 pm

Hey, I know I'm not around much, but wanted to let you guys know that you are in my thoughts. :hug3:
Fear_the_Sheeple
Enlightened Bully

Postby PandaBear » January 4th, 2008, 9:21 am

On January 03 2008, 7:33 PM, airwalk wrote:Christine...you do what is right for you and Mick, whatever that is, wherever that takes you. If you do that, it will always be the right thing to do.

I second that!!
PandaBear
Confident Young Bully

Postby Emi » January 4th, 2008, 10:46 am

On January 04 2008, PandaBear wrote:
On January 03 2008, 7:33 PM, airwalk wrote:Christine...you do what is right for you and Mick, whatever that is, wherever that takes you. If you do that, it will always be the right thing to do.

I second that!!

Very very good advice ... :hug3:

We're all here to help support you Christine in any thing that you do... :hug3:
You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, 'Wow, you're right! I never would've thought of that!'
- Dave Barry
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » January 4th, 2008, 4:01 pm

I think we've all been through something like this, or can imagine it at least...so we all know what you're feeling. :hug3:

Here are some canine cancer links for you...one part is stories of dogs living with and beating cancer, and one part is practical advice stuff. Hope this can help somewhat.

http://cancerfiles.smallpawsrescue.org/index2.php
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby GreddyGirl » January 4th, 2008, 4:46 pm

I'll be thinking about you. Stay strong!
GreddyGirl
Confident Young Bully

PreviousNext

Return to Canine Cancer