A-Z Band Game

Keep yourself busy at work!

Postby Marinepits » August 8th, 2006, 8:56 pm

Fugazi
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby SpiritFngrz » August 8th, 2006, 9:00 pm

Goo Goo Dolls
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby cannon » August 8th, 2006, 9:47 pm

Hank Williams Sr.
cannon
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Marinepits » August 8th, 2006, 9:48 pm

Iron Butterfly
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby bouvierz » August 8th, 2006, 10:12 pm

Jackson Browne
bouvierz
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Big_Ant » August 9th, 2006, 10:51 am

Keplyn (Anyone else besides me heard of him?)

- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby Marinepits » August 9th, 2006, 11:15 am

Nope, sorry Ant. Enlighten me. :D

Love and Rockets
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Big_Ant » August 9th, 2006, 11:29 am

Marinepits wrote:Nope, sorry Ant. Enlighten me. :D

Love and Rockets

This isn't one of my oldies that you youngsters wouldn't know, but he's a modern type singer, but not good enough for mainstream I don't think.

I've only heard one song and it was decent.

Let me see if I can find it.

- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby Marinepits » August 9th, 2006, 11:31 am

Big_Ant wrote:you youngsters

:shock: Oh, I think I love you! You called me a "youngster"! :loveU:

psst: It's your turn to put up an "m" band.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby SpiritFngrz » August 9th, 2006, 11:33 am

Madonna
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby Big_Ant » August 9th, 2006, 11:36 am

The Book by (Keplyn)
I think what is getting me more is that it's a jazzy/r&b feel to it. I just re-listened to it, and wasn't as "impressed" as the first time.

PS: You are a youngster! All of ya'll are. EXCEPT DEBBIE! She's got those good music memories.

- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » August 9th, 2006, 11:42 am

Big_Ant wrote:The Book by (Keplyn)
I think what is getting me more is that it's a jazzy/r&b feel to it. I just re-listened to it, and wasn't as "impressed" as the first time.

PS: You are a youngster! All of ya'll are. EXCEPT DEBBIE! She's got those good music memories.

- Anthony

Why yes I do!!!! ANd does this guy have a BAND Ant?? :) :wink:

Nine Inch Nails
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Big_Ant » August 9th, 2006, 11:46 am

cheekymunkee wrote:

- Anthony

Why yes I do!!!! ANd does this guy have a BAND Ant?? :) :wink:

Nine Inch Nails

Shush woman!!!
I let you and Hendrix slide, so now this is an A-Z Band/Artist thread.

And don't you hear the instruments in the background? That would constitute a band, wouldn't it.

:greenWave:

- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby Big_Ant » August 9th, 2006, 11:47 am

Orgy!!!

WHoooHooo. I can legitimately use that word on a forum. They only had one album, and no one remembers them anymore, but just to use that word, my day is complete!

- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby Marinepits » August 9th, 2006, 11:49 am

- Anthony

Thanks -- I'll give it a listen.

My mother grew up in Detroit during the 50s and 60s, so I grew up listening to Motown and soul. I ain't so young, LOL. I still love Al Green, the Temptations, and lots of other bands from that era.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Big_Ant » August 9th, 2006, 11:55 am

Marinepits wrote:

- Anthony

My mother grew up in Detroit during the 50s and 60s, so I grew up listening to Motown and soul. I ain't so young, LOL. I still love Al Green, the Temptations, and lots of other bands from that era.

I had Al Green playing all day here in the office yesterday.

I knew a guy who was friends with him, and offered to let me meet him next time he came into town, but that never came about, although I was there when they were talking on the phone, he just never came to town while I still knew this guy.

I'm hoping that he's straightened his life up and maybe will put on a few small shows before his time is up, although even with the alcohol problem, he still always kept up with being a pastor, so he might be too busy for shows these days.

- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » August 9th, 2006, 11:56 am

Jimi DID have a band named Experience when he first went to England to release his first album "Are You Experienced". It was two white guys, one on drums & one playing bass. Later he replaced them with guys he was in the army with. He also had a band for a while ( they did one concert before his death) with Billy Cox and Buddy Miles called Band of Gypsys. I KNOW my Jimi. :wink:

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Big_Ant » August 9th, 2006, 11:57 am

Marinepits wrote:

- Anthony

Your mom grew up in the 50/60's, so yeah you are young. Not that I'm some old fart, I've just been around the block a few times (feet kinda hurt).

- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby Big_Ant » August 9th, 2006, 11:58 am

cheekymunkee wrote:Jimi DID have a band named Experience when he first went to England to release his first album "Are You Experienced". It was two white guys, one on drums & one playing bass. Later he replaced them with guys he was in the army with. He also had a band for a while ( they did one concert before his death) with Billy Cox and Buddy Miles called Band of Gypsys. I KNOW my Jimi. :wink:

I knew about the Band, although it wasn't all that great to me, I was just teasing you because I know how sensitive you get, :wink: .

- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » August 9th, 2006, 11:59 am

Don't mess with me Ant! :wink:

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

PreviousNext

Return to Fun and Games