NEW RECALL: Hartz Vitamin Care For Cats

Postby cheekymunkee » November 4th, 2007, 3:33 pm

http://www.itchmo.com/new-recall-hartz- ... -cats-3707

NEW RECALL: Hartz Vitamin Care For Cats
Posted on Saturday, November 3rd, 2007 at 4:18 pm in National Dog, Cat & Pet Info, Cats, Pet Food Recalls & Safety.
By Emily Huh

Itchmo comes to you when called.

Hartz announced a recall on November 2 for a specific lot of Hartz Vitamin Care for cats because of salmonella concerns. Here is the release from their website:

The Hartz Mountain Corporation is voluntarily recalling one specific lot of Hartz Vitamin Care for Cats due to concerns that one or more bottles within the lot may have been potentially contaminated with Salmonella. Hartz is fully cooperating with the US Food and Drug Administration in this voluntary recall.

The product involved is 3600 bottles of Hartz Vitamin Care for Cats, lot code SZ-16371, UPC number 32700-97701, which was manufactured by a third party manufacturer, UFAC (USA), Inc., in Baconton, Georgia. While normal testing conducted by Hartz and UFAC has not revealed the presence of Salmonella in any Hartz products, sampling conducted by the FDA did detect the presence of Salmonella. Hartz is aggressively investigating the source of the problem.

Although the company has not received any reports of animals or humans becoming ill as a result of coming into contact with this product, Hartz is taking immediate steps to remove the product from all retail stores and distribution centers. Cat owners should check the lot code on their bottles, and, if the code is not visible, or if the bottle has lot code SZ-16371 imprinted thereon, they should immediately discontinue use of the product and discard it in a proper manner.

Consumers can contact Hartz at 1-800-275-1414 with any questions they may have and to obtain reimbursement for purchased product.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby iluvk9 » November 4th, 2007, 5:03 pm

Oh Debby! And you just got a new kitten! :) I hope you didn't use this product! 8)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby cheekymunkee » November 4th, 2007, 5:13 pm

I am happy so say I have 0 Hartz products in my home! :greenWave:
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Return to Pet Food Recall