Texas Lab Claims Acetaminophen In Canidae Mixed Dog Food

Postby cheekymunkee » September 5th, 2007, 3:59 pm

http://www.itchmo.com/texas-lab-claims- ... -food-2650

Texas Lab Claims Acetaminophen In Mixed Dog Food
Posted on Tuesday, September 4th, 2007 at 11:24 pm in News for Cats, Dogs & Owners, National Dog, Cat & Pet Info, Dogs, Pet Food Recalls & Safety.
By Emily Huh
A Texas lab reports that a pet food sample that included a composite of two different dry dog foods has tested positive for acetaminophen. The sample was sent to Expertox, last month to be tested for any toxins.

Expertox says the results were inconclusive because the sample was sent to the lab in a Ziploc bag. Internet reports say that the two formulas that were tested were from Canidae. The lab cannot verify the sample received is the actual product claimed unless the sample is received in an unopened, sealed, untampered can or bag.

Controversy is brewing over the test results as the best buy dates mentioned in the test report do not exist, according to Canidae. According to Internet reports, the two Canidae dry dog foods that were included in the positive sample are:

1) Canidae All Life Stages Dry Dog Food — best by date RM 7/7/07, use by 7/7/08

2) Canidae All Life Stages Lamb and Rice Formula Dry Dog Food — best by date RM 7/6/07, use by 7/6/08.

(Note: Original Internet reports claimed the best by dates were in July, but now there are new reports claiming that the best by dates of the tested food are from a June lot.)

Neither of these dog foods have been recalled.

It is still uncertain which food or if both of the dry dog foods blamed contains acetaminophen.

Here is the test result.
http://www.petfoodrecallfacts.com/canidae.jpg
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Malli » September 5th, 2007, 10:57 pm

I guess it depends just how much :| Tylenol can actually (with the advise of a veterinarian) be given to dogs...
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Return to Pet Food Recall